Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race (779 Views)

Peter Obi’s Only Chance To Presidency Is 2039 – Bwala / Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core / Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Poten111: 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
By Olu Fasan

As a Nigerian, I would be extremely concerned and embarrassed if Bola Tinubu became Nigeria’s next president. As a Yoruba, I would be deeply disappointed and ashamed. Why? Well, as a Nigerian, I would be concerned and embarrassed because a Tinubu presidency would devastate Nigeria internally and demean it externally.

As a Yoruba, I would be disappointed and ashamed because Tinubu’s politics and behaviour are antithetical to the values Yorubas claim define them; values of integrity, character and honesty, encapsulated in the honour-signalling Yoruba word: Omoluabi!

First, for Nigeria, a Tinubu presidency would destroy the fabric of presidential politics in this country. It would legitimise a self-serving behaviour where someone entrusted with public office rapaciously amasses inexplicable wealth and uses the stupendous wealth to manoeuvre his way to Nigeria’s presidency.

Read more: https://businessday.ng/amp/columnist/article/think-yoruba-think-a-tinubu-presidency-would-harm-your-race/

2 Likes

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Pauldollars(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
grin

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Occurstaem(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Poten111:

By Olu Fasan

As a Nigerian, I would be extremely concerned and embarrassed if Bola Tinubu became Nigeria’s next president. As a Yoruba, I would be deeply disappointed and ashamed. Why? Well, as a Nigerian, I would be concerned and embarrassed because a Tinubu presidency would devastate Nigeria internally and demean it externally.

As a Yoruba, I would be disappointed and ashamed because Tinubu’s politics and behaviour are antithetical to the values Yorubas claim define them; values of integrity, character and honesty, encapsulated in the honour-signalling Yoruba word: Omoluabi!

First, for Nigeria, a Tinubu presidency would destroy the fabric of presidential politics in this country. It would legitimise a self-serving behaviour where someone entrusted with public office rapaciously amasses inexplicable wealth and uses the stupendous wealth to manoeuvre his way to Nigeria’s presidency.

Read more: https://businessday.ng/amp/columnist/article/think-yoruba-think-a-tinubu-presidency-would-harm-your-race/
Is it not harm you wish on Yoruba before? Is there a time you wish Yoruba well?
I think you should be more than happy with Tinubu as President since the harm you wish on Yoruba is finally here. Abi what else do you want?

7 Likes

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Ireportlive: 6:37pm On Feb 20, 2023
Tinubu Presidency has nothing to do with Yoruba race, it's about making Nigeria great using Lagos Mega city template

More Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri's are more invested in this Tinubu/Shetima Project

4 Likes

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by SeeItSayIt: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
If only they know & regret their previous actions.
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by yarimo(m): 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
Poten111:

By Olu Fasan

These one just receive his share from CAN

1 Like

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Parachoko: 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2023

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Brendaniel: 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2023
That is why....

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by aylive02(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2023
It is harmful to humanity
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Poten111: 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
Occurstaem:

Is it not harm you wish on Yoruba before? Is there a time you wish Yoruba well?
I think you should be more than happy with Tinubu as President since the harm you wish on Yoruba is finally here. Abi what else do you want?

I did write the article. Take your lousiness elsewhere.
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Poten111: 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ireportlive:
Tinubu Presidency has nothing to do with Yoruba race, it's about making Nigeria great using Lagos Mega city template

More Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri's are more invested in this Tinubu/Shetima Project

Smelling Lagos? Nigerians are deeply wicked.

1 Like

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Ireportlive: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
Poten111:

Smelling Lagos? Nigerians are deeply wicked.

Smelling Lagos that houses more millionaire in Dollars than any city in subsaharan Africa

Dangote, Otedola, Jim Ovia are all Lagosian
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Poten111: 5:27am On Feb 21, 2023
Ireportlive:

Smelling Lagos that houses more millionaire in Dollars than any city in subsaharan Africa

Dangote, Otedola, Jim Ovia are all Lagosian

Doesn’t make it a clean and sane city. New York house more millionaires as well.
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by smokinloud(m): 5:32am On Feb 21, 2023
Poten111:

Doesn’t make it a clean and sane city. New York house more millionaires as well.
Dangbana dey your papa head!.
Your landlocked region is nothing compared to the least local government in Lagos!.
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by 2mch(m): 5:34am On Feb 21, 2023
Yea. But never like Obi.

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by smokinloud(m): 5:35am On Feb 21, 2023
Op should just take this advice because BAT is already your President.

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by smokinloud(m): 5:37am On Feb 21, 2023
Poten111:

I did write the article. Take your lousiness elsewhere.
In literature this is not an article it's called a dirge.
grin grin grin.
You only wet the ground with your tears and that's the only obvious subject matter in it.

1 Like

Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Poten111: 8:11am On Feb 22, 2023
smokinloud:

Dangbana dey your papa head!.
Your landlocked region is nothing compared to the least local government in Lagos!.

Are from Lagos. Ozwor claiming woke. Your papa and mama for born goat instead of you.
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Poten111: 8:13am On Feb 22, 2023
smokinloud:

In literature this is not an article it's called a dirge.
grin grin grin.
You only wet the ground with your tears and that's the only obvious subject matter in it.

Lousy fool. If you were this sound. You would focus on contents of the article. Instead you choose the poster. Coward. And blockhead
Re: TEXT: Why A Tinubu Presidency Is Harmful To The Yoruba Race by Poten111: 8:14am On Feb 22, 2023
smokinloud:
Op should just take this advice because BAT is already your President.

This is your portion. Poor goat

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To His Excellency Gov Nyesom Wike. / Saturday Polls: Northern Nigerians Have Consolidated Their Votes For Atiku To Wi / Jubilations Across The Country As Tinubu Wins The Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.