Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Slaves In Our Fatherland: I Have Seen A Modern Settlement... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Slaves In Our Fatherland: I Have Seen A Modern Settlement... (154 Views)

Bandits Turn Villagers Into Slaves In Katsina - Bashir Kurfi / Dr Chinelo's Death: Joyebeneza, The Most Heartless Tweet I Have Seen On Twitter / ‘Late Tunde Idiagbon Was A Very Rare Example Of Loyalty To Fatherland’ –Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Slaves In Our Fatherland: I Have Seen A Modern Settlement... by seiyefajohn(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
SLAVES IN OUR FATHERLAND

We were told that slavery has ended, just as the killing of twins was abolished centuries ago. But no it hasn't. I have seen a people and a place, a modern settlement of slaves called Nigerians (in Nigeria) somewhere in Africa.

Who is a slave? A person or people under cohaxion to do or accept things against their will. Nigerians have become slaves in their fatherland called Nigeria. Someone should please enable me see otherwise, for this is how I see the spate of things.

This purported slavery ought to be a shame, but no it is not because it is a deliberately orchestrated enslavement. Nigerians are active and aggressive, but we are also willing to take any shit without rebelling; that's why there isn't any real change in our system and society.

Take it or leave it, if our forefathers were as docile in their days as we are today; they won't have been able to achieve the autonomy and sovereignty that we have today as a nation. If they were fearful as us, there obviously won't have been a sovereign nation called Nigeria.

If our ancestors were lazy as we are today, they won't have been able to face the whites in fierce fights in their days; that led to our present day independence. Nigerians of Nigeria, when shall we wake up and wheeled the power that truly belong to us?

Democracy is a people oriented system of government/governance, so why are the people, the true owners of power relegated to the background like paupers? While a handful of people prominently occupy positions of power in the foreground. Why the exclusion? Why the segregation? Why the discrimination? Why the suppression and manipulation of the people?

Seiyefa John✍️🎬

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu: I'll Put In A Lot Of Effort For Nigeria As Buhari Did For Me / Do Not Be Deceived APC Has Nothing To Offer Vote L.p / Choose Wisely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.