Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) (728 Views)

MC Oluomo Celebrates Tinubu's Presidential Win (Video) / Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins / APC Crisis: Ganduje Urges Peace, Shelves Senatorial Ambition For Barau Jibrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by Naijalarry: 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsvDvbwgKiQ

The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, says he is ready to sacrifice his senatorial ambition in the National Assembly elections this Saturday, if it will ensure the victory of the presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi.

Ortom, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is contesting the election in the Benue North-West senatorial district.

His January endorsement of Obi came after months of refusal to support the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, whose emergence in May 2022 was viewed by several high-ranking party members as unfair.

The Benue governor reiterated his support for the former Anambra State governor while addressing members of the Igbo community in the state on Monday.

“For me, it’s not even that I’m contesting an election. Yes, the form was bought for me by the people of Benue State. I’ve gone round; they have accepted that they will vote [for] me,” he said.

“But if I’m to sacrifice my senatorial ambition for Peter Obi to win, so shall it be,”
he said to loud cheers from the crowd.

He added, “I know that if [any group of] people are connected in this world, they are the Igbo. This is the opportunity you have to say that an Igbo man from the South-East is president.”

Ortom identified with those who believed in the unity of Nigeria and working together, saying it was for this reason that he accommodates everybody.

“So, let us not miss this opportunity that God himself is providing. The youth have told me, my own people have told me – stakeholders here, traditional rulers, party people across party lines. Obi’s matter is not about APC or PDP or SDP or any other party. It’s about Nigeria.”

Speaking to the crowd, he told them that they have the population, adding that they should thank God for “what is unfolding”.

He described Obi as a species that is not bound by ethnicity.

“That is why when I hear some prominent Igbo personalities castigating Peter Obi for contesting the election – is it not you people that have been saying you have been marginalised since after the war?

“The opportunity has come today and you’re still complaining. What do you want?! What are you looking for?

“The whole country – North, South, East, and West – are saying Peter Obi, and you hear some people say, ‘We don’t want it.’ Haba! Those people should be outcasts.”

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/20/im-ready-to-sacrifice-my-senatorial-ambition-for-peter-obi-to-win-ortom/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by shuttox: 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2023
May God bless you and your generation..
Those politicians avoiding to affiliate with obi are selfish and useless...
They know Peter obi will stop corruption

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by BenedictAbajue(m): 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ever since my father told me about his encounter with this man, I just new he could not be invoked in bad politics. How will somebody open his two eyelids and support Tinubu? God forbid BAT thing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by lhordspy: 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2023
Failure endorsing failure. Look at him even talking about senatorial ambition. Do you even have one? It is not by being on the ballot. Are your chances realistic?

Ortom on a face saving mission. He knows no matter how incompetent and useless you are , just endorse obi and aggressive ipobian mob will paint you white, erase all your past sins like they never existed and glorify your name.

Just like Babachir lawal the thief that was embarrassed out of government, Doyin Okupke the money launderer, Aisha yesufu/Mr macaroni/Rinu the endsarz funds embezzlers, Gen. Enenche the former army spokesperson who told us lot of lies during the Endsarz protest, .... And the list goes on. These people are now angels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by Typicool8(m): 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2023
lhordspy:
Failure endorsing failure.

Just admit say e pain u.. modafuka

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by shuttox: 10:46pm On Feb 20, 2023
lhordspy:
Failure endorsing failure.
Yes but better than that your sick master
Full of greed and selfishness

Stop crying
Have they paid your 30k this month so that your data will not finish

But as for Peter obi camp we no dey give Shishi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by Righteousness2(m): 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2023
Let me say this quickly as was dropped in my spirit right now.

GOD ALMIGHTY loves Nigeria so much and that is the reason why this nation has not torn apart despite all the stubbornness of the citizens.

In 2015, a certain party came with a mantra of " CHANGE ". The word of GOD clearly warned about those that are given to "change ".
The citizens refused to yield to God's expose and it has been woes upon woes for so many.

This coming weekend is another one.
GOD ALMIGHTY has given us an expose on who to vote via his word.
Isaiah 1:19-20
If ye be WILLING and OBEDIENT, ye shall eat the good of the land:

But if ye REFUSE and REBEL, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Listen and Listen Good, if ye be OBIDIENT, You will eat the fruit of the land.

I say this Boldly to Nigeria and Nigerians
Be OBIDIENT! Be OBIDIENT! Be OBIDIENT.
Vote OBIDIENT. Vote OBIDIENT! Vote OBIDIENT!

I have passed what I was given.

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by rolams(m): 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2023
When you know you can't win.
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by lhordspy: 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2023
Righteousness2:

GOD ALMIGHTY loves Nigeria so much and that is the reason why this nation has not torn apart despite all the stubbornness of the citizens.

In 2015, a certain party came with a mantra of " CHANGE ". The word of GOD clearly warned about those that are given to "change ".
The citizens refused to yield to God's expose and it has been woes upon woes for so many.

But if ye REFUSE and REBEL, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Stop using God to justify your religious hate, sentiment and bigotry.

Most of you guys are the reason why the atheist base is growing everyday. People are losing faith everyday. You manipulate and bend the word of God to suit your mischievous purpose.

A general overseer stood at the altar of God and call another candidate from another religion 'a killer'. No wonder accusations are now arising left and right about CAN, PFN been induced with billions of naira just to rope in politics with religion and preach hate at the altar of God. You men of doom are losing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by nairamaniac: 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
lhordspy:
Failure endorsing failure. Look at him even talking about senatorial ambition. Do you even have one? It is not by being on the ballot. Are your chances realistic?

Ortom on a face saving mission. He knows no matter how incompetent and useless you are , just endorse obi and aggressive ipobian mob will paint you white, erase all your past sins like they never existed and glorify your name.

Just like Babachir lawal the thief that was embarrassed out of government, Doyin Okupke the money launderer, Aisha yesufu/Mr macaroni/Rinu the endsarz funds embezzlers, Gen. Enenche the former army spokesperson who told us lot of lies during the Endsarz protest, .... And the list goes on. These people are now angels.

Just admit you are getting more and more nervous by the day.

It's sad.

U guys are loosing grip just too fast.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by lhordspy: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
nairamaniac:

Just admit you are getting more and more nervous by the day.

It's sad.

U guys are loosing grip just too fast.

I am not in the mood to engage with a kid. Please try again another day.
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by jlinkd78(m): 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
An uncommon Nigeria
My respect for you for life

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2023
lhordspy:

Endless lamentation of an urchin. Let's assume he supported your deadwood Tinubu and Chicago drug Baron who forfeited close to half a million dollars rather than going to jail, will you criticise him? E go clear u by this weekend

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by samwillyco1(m): 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
I carry Obi matter for head

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by chukadiho1(m): 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
The will of God for Nigeria will surely prevail!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by nairamaniac: 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
lhordspy:

I am not in the mood to engage with a kid. Please try again another day.
Tk it easy brother. Im still an admirer of yours no matter the political divide

It's sad u are on the loosing team.
Amd u are likely to remain there for next 8years.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by slivertongue: 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
Extreme and fanatical support
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by StrongAlphMale: 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ortom means well for Nigeria.

Sane people are supporting Obi. But same cannot be said about others.
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by PeterObi4LP: 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2023
lhordspy:

Stop using God to justify your religious hate, sentiment and bigotry.

Most of you guys are the reason why the atheist base is growing everyday. People are losing faith everyday. You manipulate and bend the word of God to suit your mischievous purpose.

A general overseer stood at the altar of God and call another candidate from another religion 'a killer'. No wonder accusations are now arising left and right about CAN, PFN been induced with billions of naira just to rope in politics with religion and preach hate at the altar of God. You men of doom are losing it.

Go and DIE Yoruba Muslim. All Yoruba Christians will vote for Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by densiks: 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2023
Righteousness2:

You're quoting from a religiously bland, shallow and biased perspective.

Desist from false representation of the holy scriptures and i can see you have a poor understanding of how the kingdom of God works.

Good leadership has nothing to do with your dubious religious sentiments.

If you want to canvass for your candidate do so and leave the word of God out of your confusion.

God does not practice democracy and he does not love the person who claims to be a Christian more than he loves the non Christian.

So be guided and stop those charlatan attitude.
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by Bluntguy: 12:20am On Feb 21, 2023
H.E governor Samuel Ortom, Peter Obi will win and you will not lose your senatorial ambition.
You are a man of character indeed.
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by Bluntguy: 12:23am On Feb 21, 2023
densiks:

You're quoting from a religiously bland, shallow and biased perspective.

Desist from false representation of the holy scriptures and i can see you have a poor understanding of how the kingdom of God works.

Good leadership has nothing to do with your dubious religious sentiments.

If you want to canvass for your candidate do so and leave the word of God out of your confusion.

God does not practice democracy and he does not love the person who claims to be a Christian more than he loves the non Christian.

So be guided and stop those charlatan attitude.
See this urchin.
The person you are quoting doesn't even know whether you exist.
Governor Ortom nailed it. Keep crying
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by basilo101: 12:30am On Feb 21, 2023
Keep the endorsements coming
Re: Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) by Mynd44: 3:56am On Feb 21, 2023

(1)

Obi Should Be Appointed Minister Of Finance In Tinibu Govt / Women Protest In Rivers State For Manipulating Peter Obi Votes For Tinubu / Atiku Addressing World Press Conference Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.