Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins (17388 Views)

Gov. Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senatorial Ambition For Obi To Win (Video) / Kanayo O. Kanayo Urges Igbos To Ensure Peter Obi Gets Required 25% Spread / Oyinlola: How Obasanjo Truncated Tinubu’s Ambition To Become Buhari’s VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Politics24: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins - Gov. Ortom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q95kE8KLgE

The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, says he is ready to sacrifice his senatorial ambition in the National Assembly elections this Saturday, if it will ensure the victory of the presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi.

Ortom, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is contesting the election in the Benue North-West senatorial district.

His January endorsement of Obi came after months of refusal to support the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, whose emergence in May 2022 was viewed by several high-ranking party members as unfair.

The Benue governor reiterated his support for the former Anambra State governor while addressing members of the Igbo community in the state on Monday.

“For me, it’s not even that I’m contesting an election. Yes, the form was bought for me by the people of Benue State. I’ve gone round; they have accepted that they will vote [for] me,” he said.

“But if I’m to sacrifice my senatorial ambition for Peter Obi to win, so shall it be,” he said to loud cheers from the crowd.

He added, “I know that if [any group of] people are connected in this world, they are the Igbo. This is the opportunity you have to say that an Igbo man from the South-East is president.”

Ortom identified with those who believed in the unity of Nigeria and working together, saying it was for this reason that he accommodates everybody.

“So, let us not miss this opportunity that God himself is providing. The youth have told me, my own people have told me – stakeholders here, traditional rulers, party people across party lines. Obi’s matter is not about APC or PDP or SDP or any other party. It’s about Nigeria.”

Speaking to the crowd, he told them that they have the population, adding that they should thank God for “what is unfolding”.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/20/im-ready-to-sacrifice-my-senatorial-ambition-for-peter-obi-to-win-ortom/amp/

160 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by SLAP44: 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ortom, your efforts to make Nigeria great again is being noted by everyone.

496 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Brendaniel: 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
Yes, he knows that....

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

303 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Midehi3(f): 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
We know he will win, but corrupt politicians won't allow him, they are masters of rigging, they are already on it tooth and nail to rig to their favour

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Randy111(m): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ihordspy is reading with pains and bitterness. So is yarimo and moh2

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Naira20: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
Wow

Ortom the cat with 20 lives

A Daniel in the Lion's den NOT like Wike who is relatively safe in far away Rivers

138 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Adaisback(f): 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thank you my incoming minister. Ortom, na man you be. Thank you for daring it all and telling us your mind

189 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by nameo: 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2023
Two things stand out for me in his speech here:

1. That the choice of Obi's candidacy did not just come from him but from stakeholders in his state (he mentioned Youths, traditional rulers, and people across party lines) who told him to choose Obi on behalf of Benue people.

2. His calling out of the few Igbo politicians who initially opposed Obi and asking how they will continue to complain of marginalization now that the whole country is supporting Obi for President.

God bless Ortom for his Courage

285 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by SaintNegro77: 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2023
You will go to the Senate to help Peter Gregory Obi make honest decisions.

181 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Coolsperm: 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
Even we Yoruba Christian's will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket

177 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by nameo: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
Midehi3:
We know he will win, but corrupt politicians won't allow him, they are masters of rigging, they are already on it tooth and nail to rig to their favour

They wouldnt rig this one. Especially if you come out to vote.

If there is high voters turnout, coupled with the significant changes in the electoral law(BVAS, electronic transmission of votes, no incidence forms, etc), they would not be able to rig.

Please come out to vote. Also, please tell everyone in your influence circle(family members, relatives, friends, church/mosque members, colleagues at work etc) who have PVC to come out and vote. Lets save Nigeria

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Betanaija42moro: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
Some people are still ready to sacrifice to make Nigeria better

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by REDshouse(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
Midehi3:
it's too early to accept defeat .... Calm down angel Christian Peter Obi will win miraculously

27 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Midehi3(f): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
nameo:

They wouldnt rig this one. Especially if you come out to vote.

If there is high voters turnout, coupled with the significant changes in the electoral process(BVAS, electronic transmission of votes, no incidence forms, etc), they would not be able to vote.

Please come out go vote. Also, please tell everyone in your influence circle(family members, relatives, friends, church/mosque members, colleagues at work etc) who have PVC to come out and vote. Lets save Nigeria
We already have our PVC, we are ready

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Midehi3(f): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
REDshouse:
it's too early to accept defeat .... Calm down angel Christian Peter Obi will win miraculously
You are not God

5 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Jking20(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
SLAP44:
Ortom, your efforts to make Nigeria great again is being noted by everyone.

Indeed! Birds of a feather

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by REDshouse(m): 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Midehi3:

You are not God
I never said I am God...

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Jking20(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dogs of the same street bark alike

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by PrinceOfLagos: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ortom , the next senate President

12 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Midehi3(f): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
REDshouse:
I never said I am God...
Maybe you are, since you have seen "defeat

1 Like

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by asanausana91: 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
If Atiku wins just forget about politics because even if you fraudulently win, court will stop you.
Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by GeorgWashinton: 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
Obi is gaining ground by day.

Na those APC abi PDAPC grin urchin I pity most.

13 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by kokoA(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
True Benue man fears no one... Unlike the other confused ones.

Wait o na only me hear that part? shocked "Nobody is useless oo... Buhari brought hardship but at least he said he wants free and fair elections" shocked shocked Ortom just indirectly called Buhari "useless'.

19 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Midehi3(f): 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
TEBAcase:
Owo massacre
Deborah's lynching
8 months ASUU strike
Fuel scarcity
N420 per liter of fuel
N750 to $1
Naira scarcity
Millions k!lled by herdsmen
Millions k!lled by Boko
Farmer-herder crisis
Train attacks
Kidnapping and banditry.

Normally I shouldn't be voting APC again, but I will vote BAT

Because I am a professional tribal bigot, naturally wicked, utterly hopeless and irredeemable Agbado Urchin. I prefer my children to suffer
So shall it be for you as you have professed

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by nameo: 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2023
Midehi3:

We already have our PVC, we are ready

Great!!

1 Like

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Midehi3(f): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2023
TEBAcase:
It's a sarcasm
God forbid BAT thing
OK, I be fear oo, God forbid

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Machinegun91(m): 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
I love my governor.

5 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by KingKO22: 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zombidiots are not attacking this one bcs he support Labour in Vain Party but the remain G-5 that support ASIWAJU has been blackmail and attack on several occasions yet God pass Ndi IPOB

6 Likes

Re: Ortom: I'm Ready To Sacrifice My Senate Ambition To Ensure Peter Obi Wins by Mercisharelove(f): 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2023
Super

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Use Political Powers To Squeeze Judiciary, Society - Jonathan / President Tinubu Calls For Suspension Of Sanctions On Guinea, Mali, Niger, And B / IPOB, Bandits Funding Terrorism Through Crowdfunding, Betting Platforms – NFIU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.