Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? (1371 Views)

This Is A New Nigeria, An Alliance Of North And South-West - Femi Fani-Kayode / Breaking News: Yahoo Also Agrees That Buhari Is An Impostor / "That Buhari Has Igbo Driver And Cook & Not Tribalistic Is A Lie" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Penguin2: 11:09am On Feb 21, 2023
So I was thinking deeply about recent happenings in the country as 2023 elections reaches its climax.

One of the reasons I engaged in this thinking was the narrative of Tinubu supporters of how Buhari hates the Igbos and would not want to hand over to an Igbo man. Trust me I used to hold this line of thinking too.

But during my time of going through my thoughts, I realized that Buhari has always courted and wanted an alliance with the Igbos but it is the Igbos who hate him and have always rebuffed his outstretched arm for a handshake.

It is not unnatural that when you extend a hand of friendship to someone and they refuse it, not once but twice, you would tend to harbour some resentment against such a person or people. That’s what Buhari felt for the Igbos.

It was the rejection of the Igbos that him try the Yoruba as second choice.

You doubt my claim? In 2003, the first time Buhari contested an election, he went for an alliance with the Igbos by choosing an Igbo running mate. But the Igbos didn’t look him twice.

Still convinced on his choice of alliance with the Igbos, Buhari ignored his rejection by the Igbos in 2003 and went for another Igbo running mate in 2007 but was rejected again.

That was when frustration drove him to look towards the Yoruba in 2011 and 2015.

But isn’t it obvious from the foregoing that Buhari originally preferred an alliance with the Igbos but were just rejected by the Igbos which makes nonsense the claim that Buhari would not want to hand power to an Igbo man?

Listen to what Hadi Sirika, the Minister of Aviation and one of the closest persons to Buhari, had to say about what Buhari truly thinks about the Igbos and judge for yourself. Sirika was speaking at his condolence visit for Mbazulike Amechi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqmiq_IxDA

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Asgard13: 11:19am On Feb 21, 2023
.. and he has something special or interest in imo state in particular

One of his campaigns in imo with Chuba Okadigbo .. he swear and made a promise to hand over to Okadigbo as next after him.

But wetin we know then.. his hatred for igbos has made us see him as Lucifer in human clothings
Based on experience of 84’ and as Abacha petroleum trust fund director .

Not forgetting his Islamic stance .. during those Obasanjo years

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by 9jatriot(m): 11:21am On Feb 21, 2023
The narrative that Buhari hates Ibos did not come from any other tribe oga.

Penguin2:
So I was thinking deeply about recent happenings in the country as 2023 elections reaches its climax.

One of the reasons I engaged in this thinking was the narrative of Tinubu supporters of how Buhari hates the Igbos and would not want to hand over to an Igbo man. Trust me I used to hold this line of thinking too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Dotherightthing: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2023
Piiggiiddiiootts amaka cheesy

Buhari is now their hero cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Ogene001: 11:33am On Feb 21, 2023
Dotherightthing:

We the masses only follow nationalists in presidential elections. Buhari has been running to Igbos for alliance but we rejected him because he is not a nationalist. We also rejected our own ojukwu for the same reason. Thiefnubuu too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Parachoko: 11:41am On Feb 21, 2023
Penguin2:

Can you show evidence of Asiwaju supporters saying the bolded?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by ThatFairGuy1: 11:45am On Feb 21, 2023
You're not predictable, you're here today, you're there tomorrow.

Meanwhile,
Tinubu is contesting
Asgard13:

One of his campaigns in imo with Chuba Okadigbo .. he swear and made a promise to hand over to Okadigbo as next after him.

But wetin we know then.. his hatred for igbos has made us see him as Lucifer in human clothings

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by PoloG: 11:49am On Feb 21, 2023
Tinubu obidients new found heros
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by inoki247: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2023
Lol same Buhari will colet curse from weekend this I'm sure you people should continue we all know say na temporary Love if things didn't go your way the hates will be reloaded....

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Zincfingers: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2023
Funny generational losers grin cheesy
Those clowns never take responsibility for anything. A major tribe always acting like minority

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by KingsCity: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2023
Of course

He ran with 3 Ibos before running with Yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by 2elliot: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
inoki247:
Lol same Buhari will colet curse from weekend this I'm sure you people should continue we all know say na temporary Love if things didn't go your way the hates will be reloaded....
una wey don already dey show una true colors to Buharu just for this small naira redesign. Imagine una lose out, I wonder of una go hate buhari reach.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by inoki247: 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
2elliot:
una wey don already dey show una true colors to Buharu just for this small naira redesign. Imagine una lose out, I wonder of una go hate buhari reach.

At least we no go dey kill ourselves like you people that's on killing spree just to spite Buhari...

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Idiko1: 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
Parachoko:

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/16918107_screenshot202302211146002_png24c72da118ba394272e9d460ca713ca4

The math does not sum up. Femi Adesina drops the ball at any given time.
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by gidgiddy: 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
Penguin2:

But during my time of going through my thoughts, I realized that Buhari has always courted and wanted an alliance with the Igbos but it is the Igbos who hate him and have always rebuffed his outstretched arm for a handshake.

It is not unnatural that when you extend a hand of friendship to someone and they refuse it, not once but twice, you would tend to harbour some resentment against such a person or people. That’s what Buhari felt for the Igbos.

You doubt my claim? In 2003, the first time Buhari contested an election, he went for an alliance with the Igbos by choosing an Igbo running mate. But the Igbos didn’t look him twice.

Still convinced on his choice of alliance with the Igbos, Buhari ignored his rejection by the Igbos in 2003 and went for another Igbo running mate in 2007 but was rejected again.

That was when frustration drove him to look towards the Yoruba in 2011 and 2015.

But isn’t it obvious from the foregoing that Buhari originally preferred an alliance with the Igbos but were just rejected by the Igbos which makes nonsense the claim that Buhari would not want to hand power to an Igbo man?

Listen to what Hadi Sirika, the Minister of Aviation and one of the closest persons to Buhari, had to say about what Buhari truly thinks about the Igbos and judge for yourself. Sirika was speaking at his condolence visit for Mbazulike Amechi.

Igbos could see from a mile away that Buhari would be a disastrous leader, and wanted nothing to do with him

Time has since proved Igbos right

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Asgard13: 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
You're not predictable, you're here today, you're there tomorrow.

Meanwhile,
Tinubu is contesting

I’m a politcian bro.. I hold no grudges .. just politics

How the weather over there ..

Kebbi is crazy as Fvck today..
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by OsunOriginal: 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
Penguin2:

And what happened to all the attempts? Failure.... Whoever associates with failures will also fail
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
Parachoko:

Stop deceiving yourself. That have always your narratives. 'Oh the buhari hates Ibos and will not hand over to an Ibo man, he will prefer we yorubas', you monkeys would say and masturbaste.

Now e don dey clear for ya eyes, buhari bloc votes in the wind, with Thiefnubuu sure of only minority votes from Yoruba muslims and kanuri Muslims. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Penguin2: 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

Igbos could see from a mile away that Buhari would be a disastrous leader, and wanted nothing to do with him

Time has since proved Igbos right

And we warned the rest of Nigeria and even the world, of the disaster that Buhari portended but we were called wailing wailers.

Now na dem dey wail.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Ttalk: 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Penguin2:

You doubt my claim? In 2003, the first time Buhari contested an election, he went for an alliance with the Igbos by choosing an Igbo running mate. But the Igbos didn’t look at him twice.

Still convinced of his choice of alliance with the Igbos, Buhari ignored his rejection by the Igbos in 2003 and went for another Igbo running mate in 2007 but was rejected again.

That was when frustration drove him to look toward the Yoruba in 2011 and 2015.

But isn’t it obvious from the foregoing that Buhari originally preferred an alliance with the Igbos but was just rejected by the Igbos which makes nonsense the claim that Buhari would not want to hand power to an Igbo man?

Hope you are still going to keep to this opinion after Obi is roundly defeated.

Your points cracked me up really and it reminds me of the python dance, IPOB declaration as a terrorist, the 5% people, and the dot in the circle statement.

Your points here suggest you as a conquered slave that is bound to worship his master.

O ma se o
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by BossGerald: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
Dotherightthing:

And now your enemy grin
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Parachoko: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Stop deceiving yourself. That have always your narratives. 'Oh the buhari hates Ibos and will not hand over to an Ibo man, he will prefer we yorubas', you monkeys would say and masturbaste.

Now e don dey clear for ya eyes, buhari bloc votes in the wind, with Thiefnubuu sure of only minority votes from Yoruba muslims and kanuri Muslims. grin
Can you show evidence Tinubu supporters said Buhari hate Igbos?
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:03pm On Feb 21, 2023
Parachoko:

It's either you just joined the agbado crew after turning 18 few months ago or you are just being conveniently daft.
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Parachoko: 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

It's either you just joined the agbado crew after turning 18 few months ago or you are just being conveniently daft.
You talk too much

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by amuwo1980: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
Lol , go somewhere else , I tot we are dot in a circle
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Parachoko:
You talk too much

A lousy agbero can't be judge on whose name should on the list of noisemakers. grin

Go and do your research on the question asked, start your references from 2015. Mugu!

grin
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by ThatFairGuy1: 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ok o.

It's cool here actually, the heat as reduced to bearer minimal unlike past week
Asgard13:

I’m a politcian bro.. I hold no grudges .. just politics

How the weather over there ..

Kebbi is crazy as Fvck today..

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Asgard13: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Ok o.

It's cool here actually, the heat as reduced to bearer minimal unlike past week

Ok..

Have fun.. Asiwaju in Lagos .. sure Owambe loading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Penguin2: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
Asgard13:

And till today, Chuba Okadigbo is still Buhari’s favorite Nigerian.

Reason he has not allowed his widow rest since he came to power.

Buhari keeps appointing the old woman from one position to another.

The truth is that Buhari always wanted friendship with the Igbos but the Igbos never wanted him which is why he now seems to have deep seated animosity towards the Igbos.
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Penguin2: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
Asgard13:

Ok..

Have fun.. Asiwaju in Lagos .. sure Owambe loading

Lagos is as calm as a graveyard bro.

Nobody knows that anything is going on here.

It will be a miracle if Tinubu wins Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by Owoino: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Who cares about Yeeeeeebos?
They are irrelevant in Nigeria politics and in Nigeria in general.
Re: Do You Know That Buhari Has Always Preferred An Alliance With Igbos? by orisa37: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2023
So you are his PRO NOW.
BUHARI IS FAKE.
BUHARI IS A COUP PLOT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Candidate Vs Yoruba Candidate, Yet You Claim You Defeated Igbo. / Ooni Of Ife's Ojaja Park Phase 1 (city Of Luxury) / 52 Biafra Agitators Remanded For Attempting To Hoist Flag In Enugu Gov't House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.