Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It (1257 Views)

How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? / Change Of Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It by afrobaby(f): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2011
Hi all, I recently got married and need to do a change of name, please, how do I go about it, and what are the things needed
thanks
Re: Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It by Tgirl4real(f): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2011
Congrats!

I don't know if it's in all cases o.

But for me, I got an affidavit with my marriage certificate as evidence.
Secondly, u do a newspaper publication that your name has changed from so so so to so so so.

I guess that's all they ask for ( Marriage certificate and newspaper publication).
Re: Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2011
Marriage Certificate

Court Affidavit for change of name

then walk straight to any PUNCH office,the cost is like 5000 naira maybe more or less

i hope that help
Re: Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It by afrobaby(f): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2011
thx tgirl and oyinbo, I sent someone to daily trust newspaper and this was exactly what they asked, please do u have an idea of the cost of getting an affidavit and can I just walk into any Local government for it, thx
Re: Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It by Iranoladun(f): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2011
Depending on your location, you can make an affidavit at any of the High courts. It shouldn't cost you more than N1,000

(1) (Reply)

It Seems It Is Becoming A Norm For Most Especially Married Men Cheating / Kidnapped A Day To His Wedding, Rescuedby Police On Day He Was To Be Killed / Her Fiancee Was The R.apist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.