Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. (1022 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by Justananonymous: 8:05am On Feb 22, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders.
For the sake of anonymity, I created a new account.
I'll shorten my story and ignore some part for the sake of not reading lengthy words.
Please i need your advice..

I'm 22years old (a guy), will be 23 in a few weeks.
I am a victim of sexual abuse, I felt my parent didn't do enough and I wasn't even able to associate well with my parents to telling them what happened.. especially my dad(well, I spoke out and we sorted it out) I got attached to my mom because we stayed mostly with her because my dad was transferred but whenever he comes back maybe for a visit or we visit him, he beats my mom till he got her eyes damaged now she uses glasses and facing the issue of cataracts. Sometimes I would ask my mom why she's still with him though.. But it's well.
I have never got to like my father, he never gives opportunity for one to speak up or be yourself and they tend to over control.
He has done well in the aspect of sponsoring my education but that doesn't still make me like him.
I'm in the university 300level, I'll be graduating next year. Most of the breaks, I don't like going home because it's never fun at all and they are only concerned about the words of people, which I don't care about...
Well, I've tried to like my father but I can't..
Then my mom uses this statement that really gets to me and annoys me “you will also have children and your children will bla bla, will you be happy”.. Most times I'm often repelled to listen to her and not create a scene.
Fast forward to this election break, they've been calling me to ask me to come home, to come help my parents and do this and that I said "NO" and my mom called and said a whole lot.. I have a sister and Aunty at home .. Well, I'm safe where I am..

Am I wrong in any way?
Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by ayoncox: 8:07am On Feb 22, 2023
Justananonymous:
I'll shorten my story and ignore some part for the sake of not reading lengthy words.

I am a victim of sexual abuse, I felt my parent didn't do enough and I wasn't even able to associate well with my parents to telling them what happened.. especially my dad(well, I spoke out and we sorted it out) I got attached to my mom because we stayed mostly with her because my dad was transferred but whenever he comes back maybe for a visit or we visit him, he beats my mom till he got her eyes damaged now she uses glasses and facing the issue of cataracts. Sometimes I would ask my mom why she's still with him though.. But it's well.
I have never got to like my father, he never gives opportunity for one to speak up or be yourself and they tend to over control.
He has done well in the aspect of sponsoring my education but that doesn't still make me like him.
I'm in the university 300level, I'll be graduating next year. Most of the breaks, I don't like going home because it's never fun at all and they are only concerned about the words of people, which I don't care about..
Then my mom uses this statement that really gets to me and annoys me “you will also have children and your children will bla bla, will you be happy”.. Most times I'm often repelled to listen to her and not create a scene.
Fast forward to this election break, they've been calling me to ask me to come home, to come help my parents and do this and that I said "NO" and my mom called and said a whole lot.. Well, I'm safe where I am..

Am I wrong in any way?

If you want to move forward in life, forgive your dad, forgive every other person that offended you. Leave the house and pursue your life purpose, push the energy into getting better, then you will be free

4 Likes

Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by meetme01: 8:09am On Feb 22, 2023
It's a hard one bro.

Very soon, you will graduate and start looking after yourself. That's when you can be a little bit far away from your parents.

For the sake of peace and love of your mother, kindly respect their wishes till you are done schooling.

Though, not easy but endurance will later lead to joy and victory.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by Pay4u: 8:11am On Feb 22, 2023
Ok
Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by Danielomisco(m): 8:31am On Feb 22, 2023
ayoncox:

If you want to move forward in life, forgive your dad, forgive every other person that offended you. Leave the house and pursue your life purpose, push the energy into getting better, then you will be free
true advice, forgive then then leave the house .op forgive him bt dt doesn't mean bin around him ...pursue life n hussle far!

1 Like

Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by phorget(m): 8:42am On Feb 22, 2023
For your sanity just stay put where you are but dont out rightly give them NO as your reason for not coming home, get a suitable excuse for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by Richy4(m): 10:47am On Feb 22, 2023
Family is everything to me but assuming I found myself in your shoes, I would reassure my parent that I am safe and will be safe during and after the election.

You are an adult, and there are times Adults make tough decisions that will favor themselves, but others involved might find distasteful... The idea is for you as an adult to stick to your guns and have words/ reason(s) to justify your actions. what counts is your happiness...

Putting up appearance so that people will see "how happy" your family are in the presence of strangers is a hogwash in my opinion. stay where you are for your sanity.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by frozen70(f): 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2023
Justananonymous:
Please i need your advice.

I'm in the university 300level, I'll be graduating next year. Most of the breaks, I don't like going home because it's never fun at all and they are only concerned about the words of people, which I don't care about..
Fast forward to this election break, they've been calling me to ask me to come home, to come help my parents and do this and that I said "NO" and my mom called and said a whole lot.. I have a sister and Aunty at home .. Well, I'm safe where I am..

Am I wrong in any way?

They want you to come home, but you feel happier in school

Just let them know that you will be safe throughout this election period

Meaning that you have to guard and guide yourself this period
Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2023
Dear Op

Please protect your sanity, stay away from whatever may bring out the worst in you until you are ready. Please don't hate your father, hate is a heavy burden that distract you from things that matter. Forgive, heal ,let it all go , live and be a new man. As for the words of your mother, If you don't become like your father, your kids will not run away from you. That's certain.

Please take your time to heal, relate with your father without hate but don't get dragged in any drama.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me If I'm Wrong On My Decision. by Lungdick: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2023
Wow! This is my story. It's just that i'm in 200lvl not 300lvl.

l don't think i can like my dad too. There's no intimate relationship between us. To be honest, he tries in our educational aspect but i still don't think i can like him.

i don't go home during holidays cos l don't want to and wish to see him. I don't think i can like him.

i'll follow the post and read useful comments as well

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Good Television? Please Advise. / "no Money No Conitnual Marriage" Girls And "use And Dump" Men / The Irreversible Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.