Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

How I Was Scammed Last Week - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed Last Week (1430 Views)

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed Last Week by jinka(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2023
Last week, two persons came to my shop and bought goods worth 25k, because of the scarcity of naira, he said he will transfer the money to me, and showed me the debit alert in his phone, I never received the alert. Waited for some minutes and he dropped his phone number (09041106480) and name (Ibrahim) that I should call him if the money doesn't enter my account in 1hr time, been aware of the network delays most times so I allowed them to go with the goods.
After about 3hrs I didn't receive the alert I dialed the phone number and it rang but didn't pick, after some hrs, I dial the number again and it says switched off till this moment.
I searched the phone number on Truecaller and I saw a name "Abdulsamad Olamide", I messaged the number on whatsapp but didn't deliver. There is a young boy's picture on the whatsapp DP. I searched the name on Facebook, it's thesame picture on whatsapp DP that is on Facebook too. I messaged on Facebook but didn't deliver.
That was when it became clear to me that this man might have possibly scammed me.
Pls nairalanders, I need your help on how I can be able to track this man down, or possibly the young boy on Facebook and whatsapp dp, so I can recover my money

Admins pls move to the front page, I hope to get help
Thank you

1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by Nwodosis(m): 9:14am On Feb 22, 2023
But is the picture that of the idiot?
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by jinka(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2023
Nwodosis:
But is the picture that of the idiot?

That's the picture I saw on the whatsapp dp and also same picture on Facebook
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by WHUNMMI(m): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2023
So sorry about your situation, it is rather unfortunate.

Permit me to ask if you tried dialing the number to confirm its authenticity while he was in your office.

This is a surefire step not to miss next time.

I do not have a way out for you currently, but felt this could help going forward.

I pray God will fill you back in folds.
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by ValCon888: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2023
You should never ever have allowed a stranger go with your goods without confirming the credit alert on your bank app.
You made a rookie mistake. Sorry for your loss.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by amstardi: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2023
Next time make sure they use the carbon app to transfer to you .. you get alert in max 3min

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by intruder15(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2023
jinka:

Last week, two persons came to my shop and bought goods worth 25k, because of the scarcity of naira, he said he will transfer the money to me, and showed me the debit alert in his phone, I never received the alert. Waited for some minutes and he dropped his phone number (09041106480) and name (Ibrahim) that I should call him if the money doesn't enter my account in 1hr time, been aware of the network delays most times so I allowed them to go with the goods.
After about 3hrs I didn't receive the alert I dialed the phone number and it rang but didn't pick, after some hrs, I dial the number again and it says switched off till this moment.
I searched the phone number on Truecaller and I saw a name "Abdulsamad Olamide", I messaged the number on whatsapp but didn't deliver. There is a young boy's picture on the whatsapp DP. I searched the name on Facebook, it's thesame picture on whatsapp DP that is on Facebook too. I messaged on Facebook but didn't deliver.
That was when it became clear to me that this man might have possibly scammed me.
Pls nairalanders, I need your help on how I can be able to track this man down, or possibly the young boy on Facebook and whatsapp dp, so I can recover my money

Thank you

You are a shop owner. Meaning you will easily get access to POS from banks or fintechs.

Stick to POS only. If possible, have 2. That way you are good to go. Will recommend Fintech to curb chargeback debits due to no response from your bank.

Transfers are more prone to fraud than POS transactions

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by Greatzeus(m): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2023
jinka:

Thank you
Was the person you sold goods to,the same person on the Whatsapp or Facebook pictures? Why do you need to track the person who's picture appears on the Facebook? Shouldn't common sense tell you it's fake pictures?
How can a scammer give you a WhatsApp number and use his real picture as DP?
No wonder you were scammed so easily,geez

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by ceeceeuwa: 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
jinka:

Thank you
How can you allow a total stranger to make away with your goods when you haven't received the alert? There is even a new format now. You will receive the alert,but after some minutes the message will be wiped off from your phone. I don't know how these guys do it,but they will meet their Waterloo soon!"
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by dochenaj: 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
How will you sell something to someone without seeing the alert on your end and the customer is not a regular.

Nigerians are naturally deceitful. It takes the grace of God to see a Nigerian that is honest and trustworthy.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by fergieboy: 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2023
You all complaining about selling without seeing alert

Are you guys not seeing the situation in the country with bank bad network and cash scarcity

A situation you will transfer money and the person will receive the money in 3 days time

Lately for my area na transfer almost everybody they do

Some market women had to liaise with pos operators to collect money if not na transfer thins

You just transfer to them and you show them your debit alert and drop your phone number that’s all

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2023
Next time tell them to use pos in your area to debits their card and the pos operator to credit you later,since you don't have pos machine
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by jinka(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
cry
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by princepeter566: 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nigeria has finally happened to you
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by Gben5: 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
amstardi:
Next time make sure they use the carbon app to transfer to you .. you get alert in max 3min
carbon ko carbon ni
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by Luiz122: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nah u Bleep up bro u suppose have like palmpay or kuda thwt one will be easier he no say u be jjc that man don outsmart you
jinka:

Thank you
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by Luiz122: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
Not necessarily carbon self those Bank app make sense opay and kuda
amstardi:
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by BXNX: 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
Next time bro, use your bank app to checkmate..

Why

Some fraudster use apps that penetrates into the database and Extracts your balance and then top it up with the visual transfer..

Sorry for your loss
Re: How I Was Scammed Last Week by DonPADRO(m): 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
jinka:

That's the picture I saw on the whatsapp dp and also same picture on Facebook

You need to go on your knees and pray for sense

(1) (Reply)

Why and who Killed Moshood Abiola? / Three Of The Five Suspects In The Absu Gang Rape Have Been Arrested ! / Woman Pours Hot Water On 6-year Old Niece's PRIVATE PART...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.