Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. (39043 Views)

Man Stabs Lover To Death In Broad Day Light In Ajegunle Lagos / Video Footage Captures Robbers Operating In Broad Day Light In Benin (Video) / 2 UNN Microbiology Students Raped In A Broad Day Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by geek4k(m): 1:01am On Feb 07, 2019
Hey guys!

This is quite a long read, yet an insightful piece. I have made it succinct as possible while making sure it engulfs wholly the key points. So make sure to grab a cup of popcorn or a bottle of water as you read through.

It all started on an early-sunny Saturday afternoon while I was walking my way home.

With a slight feeling of ecstasy depicted with a light-warm smile on my face, garnished by the symphonious rhythm of “Doing it wrong” by Drake wink YEH! I just withdrew little cash which I planned to give myself a little treat later that evening.

While I was still deliberating whether to have roasted fish or chicken with a chilled bottle of Origin “Brother please excuse me” so I heard as I turned behind to see who called my attention.

He was a black tall man in his late 30s. Please, I’m looking for so so… hotel, he said. Having been living in Kubwa, Abuja since the past 20years I’ve never heard such name as a hotel before. Sorry, sir I don’t know, maybe you should ask those people over there, I said pointing at a direction of seated people why I made haste to go.

Immediately some 2guys walked past us. He quickly threw the same question at them and one of them pointed at a direction he should follow to get to where he’s going to.

Quick note: It was at this point the play actually began, just to avoid confusion I’d assign quick names to the accomplices. x and y will be the two folks that walked past us while Mr. A will be the man who stopped me.

Mr A then thanked us gratefully for trying to help out. He made a fuss of the moment by saying to the x guy “You plan on travelling, make sure to pray about it”. He immediately turned to the y guy saying “You give your clothes out; your enemies are using it to plan against you”. He then turned to me. he said, “You walk barefooted, it’s too dangerous”. What tha..?!! I think his proverb to me translate how spiritually vulnerable I am. My mom had always said that too.

While we stood there astonished, I went totally numbed given what he just said. He introduced himself as a man of God… , gave me a scripture to read in the Bible (Psalm 23) as he did to x and y. He also said he works with Father Mbaka and that he came down to Abuja for a ministration assigned to him. He thanked us again, turned and crossed the main road and went towards where he was directed to.

Guy do you know this man? The y guy asked me. No, I don’t! he just stopped me as he did to y’al. “How he take know say I dey travel” – asked the x guy with confusion boldly written all over his face. I need to have his number, this man is no ordinary – said the y guy talking to his pal. They walked towards Mr. A. Just out of curiosity, I followed them.

We outwalked Mr. A, met him and politely asked for his number. He refused, saying he only minister to people when directed by his god, he doesn’t give out his personal number. He also said since we’ve made effort to meet him he was going to tell us more about the revelations he had about us.

At that moment in time, the whole experience seemed very light and somewhat significant moment of my life.

Mr. A started by asking our names, which we responded. Summarily, the way he talked, he made us felt comfy, easy to confined in and communicate with.

Mr. A went on preaching to us about forgiveness and helping the less fortunate. He talked about forgiveness for a while and made me promised him to help the less privileged. While all these were happening, we were walking down the road heading to the so-called hotel.

Metaphorically, Mr. A spat fire as he spoke. There was this aura of authority and confidence when he said things.

He further revealed to me that I’d have long been a graduate, that I was supposed to have gained a scholarship to school abroad over 6 years ago. He also said I was born to be a very successful person, well recognized and respected. Hearing that my heart beat in affirmation, I had already seen the writings on the wall. He asked about my current state, I answered with full honesty.

He continued by telling me about a mystery woman who has always been marking my footprint because she had issues with my mom and swore to her grave never to forgive her nor her children. which according to him is the reason I haven’t yet manifested.

He made me recite some prayers after him (actual prayers) to God that I’d forgive if he mentioned the name of the woman while he performed an actual trick on me which I was made to understand it was a miracle. The trick was my saliva appeared at the back of my hand while he made me put it on my palm. Sounds funny? He actually did it, it left me stunned.

He also made me rub the same saliva all over my palm and on my forehead.

Amidst all these, Mr. A seemed to be more interested in me as he always talked about the vision he had about me. “Maybe I’m just the most blessed” - I couldn’t help but had this thinking.

All these experiences took quite some time, because x, y guys and I took turns in his ministration.

At a point, he switched topic and started telling us about the number 666 and how the devil has come to destroy the world. He advised us to change any of our personal stuffs that have to do with number 6, be it our phone PW, debit card PW or anything. He made us wrote down our passwords including debit cards on a sheet of paper.

It was time to reveal the mystery woman to me who has been marking down my footprints, my heart beat skipped in dismay and outright anger filled my head.

We had to take turns in hearing the biggest revelation of our lives because we all had unknown evil persons working their a$se$ out day and night just to make sure we don’t attain any successful endeavor.

Mr. A told the x guy to move ahead of us while counting till the 7th electric pole at the right, he also asked him to drop everything behind not to cause himself any distraction and while he moves he shouldn’t look left, right or back. Lastly, he should pick sand from the 7th pole and wait for us there. The x nigga GAVE ME his phone, wallet and that piece of paper where he had written his passwords and took off without hesitation.

In the meantime, while x guy has gone, Mr. A told us about one Agnes and Mr. James and how Mr. James blinded x guy’s father, still the x guy still takes care of Mr. James children living with him. Mr. A told us to first ask the x guy if he recognizes any of them in his family.

As we approached x guy who by the already completed the mini-quest, Mr. A excused himself as we asked the x guy if he knows any of the names we were told to ask him. x guy confirmed all true and said Mr. James is his uncle while Agnes is his inlaw. He even went ahead and told us about Mr. James children that stay with him. we went ahead telling him how Mr. James blinded his father, this grown nigga almost burst out in tears in our presence, we consoled him.

Who really is this man? – I questioned myself in thought.

It got to my turn, I was given almost same instructions what differs was, I was asked to count up to the 11th pole. That’s was quite a sum sha for a nigga who hasn’t eaten. I gave y guy my stuffs to hold for me, Yeh everything including a face cap I was putting on – Just how I was advised by Mr. A to avoid any form of distractions.

I took off immediately like some space rocket was shoved in my as$. I jogged like I never did before and when I reached the 11th pole there was a mini bar just behind and people where cooling off the sunny afternoon with their chilled green bottle. It occurred to me how to pick up sands there without those people thinking I’m nut. I went to the pole picked the sand without giving a crap what they might think about me.

Moment of Truth

I was breathing like a 120-year-old man who was forced to run a 100-meter race while looking down the road to see if they’re catching up with me. I saw no trace of the 3 of them. Took the pain went back and forth from where I was asked to start counting the poles, baba! They've all disappeared.

I managed to use strangers phone to call my line claiming it fell out of me, it rang for a moment with no answer. It was later switched off
At that point their cunny little actions started adding up and I began to see the bigger picture. Our debit card’s password we wrote down, my two debit cards, my phone, my wallet I left behind. It all made sense. It all seemed I was in a hypnotic state with no way out.

The damage was brutal. I was totally crippled. Who would expect less?

All these happened to me in the blink of an eye, while I was thinking it to be one of the most significant moment of life, Lol it was truly the worst mehn.

Quick hint: always try not to put all your valuables in your wallet or bag, while they’re easy to access, they’re easier to get stolen or lost.

Spoiler Alert!

Obviously the bringing in of x and y guys into the picture was a planned work. That’s how they operate in groups. Just so you won’t see yourself doing weird things alone.

These scallywags usually aim at weekends, when most public offices are closed. just so to carry out their diabolic acts seamlessly. if it was on a working day I would’ve reported to the bank and get my account blocked ASAP.

There bought my attention right at the beginning by saying facts about me, they won’t ask you to follow them but you would most eventually out of curiosity and to get more insight.

They mostly aim at people coming out of an atm. Because of course you can’t just go an atm to stare at the machines. You just accessed your bank account that’s makes you a potential client.

The way he spoke in a calm tone, with confidence and authority, will make you to be able to confined in them. All these are just to buy your trust so when they ask you to do certain stuff you most likely won’t hesitate.

They’ll most likely perform a trick on you just as they did to me with my saliva. They do this just to make you see them as a somewhat anointed or superior person.

Be extremely careful when you talk to strangers in general.

Lastly, if any stranger asks you to count – READ MY LIPS – E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C P-O-L-E… Baba!! Run for your life oo, or better still scream so loud to draw attention and make the person explain himself. There’s no doubt he’s a scammer.
What isn’t clear to me was whether I was jazzed or not. If I wasn’t, what describes the unorthodox act of rubbing my saliva all over my hands and forehead?

I hope you read, learn and share my experience, you might just be saving someone’s fortune.

Stay blessed!

310 Likes 49 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Kenzico(m): 1:04am On Feb 07, 2019
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by ValCon888: 2:06am On Feb 07, 2019
Interesting

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:25am On Feb 07, 2019
like taking candy from a child... lol! with all due respect, how gullible must you be to fall for such a cheap nonsense scam?!

the minute that guy asked you to write you pin down, thats when you should have, AT LEAST, been suspicious that it was a scam.
RULE #1 NEVER EVER give your bank card/telephone pin to ANYONE!

212 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Kingpee2(m): 3:00am On Feb 07, 2019
Mr brown Jay,he wasn’t expecting it coming ,you’d fall for it if you have never been thru it,it is fair enough that he said it out to awaken others about it ,our first problem in Nigeria is religion ,Not God,at least you’re better off sharing it rather than keeping it to yourself ,I wonder how you must have felt the moment you discovered,by the way you didn’t tell us if they drained your account....

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Emescot(m): 3:24am On Feb 07, 2019
Lmao reminds me of when i was working at Anthony village Lagos, exactly like urs, difference is this one claimed to have come from Niger and he has a lot of imported things he came with, and the things were much, plus he needed someone he could trust, and somehow his spirit trusted me, he asked me if i could find him a place to stay in exchange for part of what he imported, still acting like he does not understand English well, that was how one mumu jumped in, saying he has been watching the man since and asked what is going on in yoruba language, i explained to him and that one started persuading me saying lets help him since he will reward us... All i said to him in yoruba was, lets use style and take him to that police station, they might help him there, that was how the whole thing ended, with the yoruba guy saying "file ko kora e lo jare, owun lomo - meaning leave him let him go, that's his concern. Now i want you to note that the reasons why i wasn't moved was,
1 I have heard such story from my next door neighbor who gave 419 guys all his brother's cash because they told her she would die if she told anyone and she was made to swear an oat, plus they used that spit on the palm magic with her too, and
2. I was in a hurry as i was running a difficult errand for my boss then so they were more like disturbing me.
3. I wasn't a very curious and greedy person too

Sorry you learnt the hard way

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by femi4: 6:27am On Feb 07, 2019
You mean you fell for this old school sh!t......anyway you no get Lagos street background

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:52am On Feb 07, 2019
your low level of spiruality caused you this pains...try to upgrade self in God and learn to pray for yourself

48 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2019
Kingpee2:
Mr brown Jay,he wasn’t expecting it coming ,you’d fall for it if you have never been thru it,it is fair enough that he said it out to awaken others about it ,our first problem in Nigeria is religion ,Not God,at least you’re better off sharing it rather than keeping it to yourself ,I wonder how you must have felt the moment you discovered,by the way you didn’t tell us if they drained your account....

sadly... i disagree with the above!!!! writing ALL your secret pin down on a piece of paper then giving it to a total stranger, along with all your bank cards AND phone?!?!?!?!?! bro, as polite as i wanna be, whoever does that is the DUMBEST person out there and no wonder they easily get scammed.

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by hahn(m): 9:02am On Feb 07, 2019
Lol.

They simply upgraded the old sailor job.

Oh and this proves how religion makes us dumb. All they needed was a "vision from god" and your mumu was activated.

Op you are hereby MUGU APPROVED

125 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Craigslists: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2019
Mugu fall Guyman chop grin

People always claim they are smart until they meet that amazing format that will sweep them off their feet.

Magas are born everyday. Same street different formats cool

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:43am On Feb 07, 2019
I have encountered them here in Abj more than 10 times.....I even made them to pay my T.P from garki market to area 3 to go and bring money for them.......hahahaha...me that was looking for money...

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by sukerefakere(m): 10:31am On Feb 07, 2019
How much was lost in this con?
Lalasticlala
Seun
Farano
Obinoscopy
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by kevoh(m): 10:56am On Feb 07, 2019
Just to clear the air, you don't need to wait till business/work days to block your account. You can call your bank's customer service right away to block it.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by KingDann: 11:28am On Feb 07, 2019
Y’al judging this nigga are such an ingrate. He obviously didn’t put this up to count his lost but to make awareness.

I’ve had similar experience and it’s not funny. I guess it’s just easier to judge, what does it take to do it anyway?

54 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by KingDann: 11:32am On Feb 07, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

sadly... i disagree with the above!!!! writing ALL your secret pin down on a piece of paper then giving it to a total stranger, along with all your bank cards AND phone?!?!?!?!?! bro, as polite as i wanna be, whoever does that is the DUMBEST person out there and no wonder they easily get scammed.

Maybe you're right. Maybe you should as well stick to the cause of the post, he only wrote about it to make you not to fall as he did. It takes nothing to be grateful atleast.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Valentinooo: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
It's very easy to commit crime in the name of religion than any other thing. Just tell the person "God told me to" and his/her mumu button will be activated

Cc: lalasticlala

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by faithfull18(f): 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
I almost fell for some thing similar in December. They really appealed to the emotional side of me.

He told me he was a foreigner from one African country and he came in with goods to sell but he doesn't understand our currency and the equivalent of the value of the goods in naira.

As someone who doesn't like people being cheated, he begged me to assist with money collection. Initially, when he first approached me , he told me he was looking for an address, which I told him I didn't know. I advised him to call his contact person, he said his phone was dead. I told him to ask others.

I was already going my way, when a man he approached asked me in Yoruba what Mr. A was saying like he didn't understand English. I told him what he told me, only for Mr. B to start encouraging me to help him, that he would assist also.

He kept pushing to follow Mr. A to ask him questions. In my mind, I was already telling myself if it involved going into an enclosed/hidden place, I wouldn't follow them.

I was even joking around with Mr. B not knowing he was a part of the plan. Mr A mentioned his goods were somewhere along Luth road, I knew if anything happened to me on that road, I was on my own. So, I insisted we trekked.

He kept saying he didn't have money in Naira and he didn't know if the bike men would accept dollars.

The fact that I was on my way back home from work and I was tired was my saving grace. It occurred to me and I was thinking how come I was the only one the guy saw to contact for help if he came down all the way from Surulere to Yaba and he couldn't get anybody.

By this time, it was getting dark, I was tired. I just told both of them to get someone else to help that I wasn't willing to help out again.

That was how I escaped oh. Offering help now can be scary because it's getting difficult differentiating the genuine from fake.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Factgist: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
Chai..

Top 10 Safest Countries Should World War III Break Out
https://www./2019/02/10-safest-countries-should-world-war.html?m=1

6 Chilling Stories Of Famous People Who Mocked God And Died
https://www./2018/12/6-chilling-stories-of-famous-people-who.html

Top Ten Places Where Human Cannibalism Is Still Practiced
https://www./2018/12/top-ten-places-where-human-cannibalism.html

Slay Queen Professes Love For Yahoo Boys- Flaunts Cash
https://www./2019/02/slay-queen-professes-love-for-yahoo.html

5Photos To Test Your IQ
https://www./2019/01/top-five-photos-to-test.html
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by davillian(m): 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
My aggressiveness towards strangers is second to none.
I no de even turn back or answer anybody once I'm coming from the ATM or bank.
For this Lagos way we de so my 6th sense is always into play I suspect everything especially at night.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by toluxa1(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
Reading..
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by noble71(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin thanks op for sharing. But you fall mugu no be small cheesy
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by chloride6: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
Don't sweat it dude..

No be ordinary mouth them take follow you talk..

grin

17 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by loadedvibes: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
Op.. you didn't mention how much they got from you . And who where the niggas were they afonjas or Igbos ?
Re: How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. by Lexusgs430: 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
This nah very old format.... Happened to me at ojuelegba almost 30 years ago........

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Bolt Driver In Rivers, Steal His Car / Son Cuts Off Mother’s Hands With Machete In Ogun / Their Bullets Couldn’t Penetrate My Body - Oba Adebayo Fatoba On How He Escaped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.