Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? (547 Views)

Please Help Me Clarify: What Is Wrong With Imo State / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / What Is Wrong With Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? by gard9ner(m): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2023
So, last week I decided to trim my own hair at home, I did a good job but I couldn’t see the back of my head, that’s was when I called my female cousin who also lives with me to help me trim the back since I couldn’t get a good view even with a second mirror. She did and went her way.

Here’s the problem now, this morning I don’t know how my mom who is also currently staying with me got to find out, so she has accosted me and said things like it’s a taboo for a woman to cut a man’s hair, that it holds the man down.

My question now is how true is this? I’ve seen professional female barbers in malls, do they also bring bad luck to men they barb or is this just a superstition? I’ve never heard about this in my Igbo culture; I’m also wondering if it has any religious connotation based on the Samson and Delilah saga. I need this to get to the front page.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? by phorget(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2023
All nah wash!
African mentality in play.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? by Pauldollars(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2023
There are barbing saloons in Lagos, Abuja and other places around the World with female barbers.

What your mum is saying is native African tradition
Re: What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? by CrownOfClay724: 10:54am On Feb 22, 2023
I just had a haircut .
And na woman barb am.

Only bush people think in that line.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? by meobizy(f): 4:15am On Feb 23, 2023
Village people can be quick to show themselves. OP, you dey Sango-Ota. You will drag and claim it’s a lie. With time, you will reveal it.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? by gard9ner(m): 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2023
meobizy:
Village people can be quick to show themselves. OP, you dey Sango-Ota. You will drag and claim it’s a lie. With time, you will reveal it.
I hope your stupidity is weaning down. You see when you posted this on my topic, I decided not to respond but to monitor you for a while, but it’s obvious that you’re an uneducated child with a phone and you’re not worthy of my time.

it is evidenced in your posts and especially your topics, of which you always confess that you type rubbish, you deleted most of your senseless posts because nobody responded to them and you talk without thinking. Your attitude online tells a lot about you, you’ve basically spent an accumulated 8 months of your life on Nairaland on romance and diaries sections mainly, at the detriment of your eyesights; written over 30,000 thoughtless, immature and grossly-repulsive comments. What a life! Pitiful! I think you’re the one who also commented on my midlife crisis post and I rebuked you, be careful.

My dear we are not mates, you’re probably my son’s mate, be careful with yourself so you don’t end up in trouble beyond you, learn social manners and online etiquette, it will help you, stay away from strangers too. Cheers

Re: What Is Wrong With A Woman Cutting A Man’s Hair? by finallybusy: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
gard9ner:
So, last week I decided to trim my own hair at home, I did a good job but I couldn’t see the back of my head, that’s was when I called my female cousin who also lives with me to help me trim the back since I couldn’t get a good view even with a second mirror. She did and went her way.

Here’s the problem now, this morning I don’t know how my mom who is also currently staying with me got to find out, so she has accosted me and said things like it’s a taboo for a woman to cut a man’s hair, that it holds the man down.

My question now is how true is this? I’ve seen professional female barbers in malls, do they also bring bad luck to men they barb or is this just a superstition? I’ve never heard about this in my Igbo culture; I’m also wondering if it has any religious connotation based on the Samson and Delilah saga. I need this to get to the front page.
How old are you? Surely not up to fifty. No wonder you’re still immature. Tell me, what do they say about a fool at forty again?

(1) (Reply)

Extravangant Sacrifice / White Lies / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army Recruitments 71rri Let's Meet Here To Prepare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.