Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,985 members, 7,835,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Nipsey Hussle: Court Sentences Killer, Eric Holder Jr, To 60 Years In Prison - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nipsey Hussle: Court Sentences Killer, Eric Holder Jr, To 60 Years In Prison (18917 Views)

Egyptian Court Sentences 22 Jihadists To Death By Hanging / British Crew Of Yacht Feared For Their Lives As 30 Killer Whales Attacked Them / Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nipsey Hussle: Court Sentences Killer, Eric Holder Jr, To 60 Years In Prison by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
AlphaTaikun:

Nipsey was an Ethiopian-American rapper.

Sir, where have you been? I was worrying, hoping you didn’t get abducted by a gang of slay queens!
Re: Nipsey Hussle: Court Sentences Killer, Eric Holder Jr, To 60 Years In Prison by TheCongo2: 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
AlphaTaikun:

Nipsey was an Ethiopian-American rapper.

His father was an Eritrean and his mother American.

1 Like

Re: Nipsey Hussle: Court Sentences Killer, Eric Holder Jr, To 60 Years In Prison by Lunja: 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHpurR_YvsU

1stGenAmerican:

Sir, where have you been? I was worrying, hoping you didn’t get abducted by a gang of slay queens!
Re: Nipsey Hussle: Court Sentences Killer, Eric Holder Jr, To 60 Years In Prison by AlphaTaikun: 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
TheCongo2:

His father was an Eritrean and his mother American.
Absolutely @TheCongo, thanks for pointing the unintended error out. Eritrea and Ethiopia both sound alike in my head. grin

Nipsey's father was of Eritrean descent just like the hugely popular American comedienne Tiffany Haddish's father who was also an Eritrean [of Jewish roots] and she has an African-American mother.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nipsey Hussle: Court Sentences Killer, Eric Holder Jr, To 60 Years In Prison by AlphaTaikun: 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Dayum! We're in a new month already.

grin... "Abducted by a gang of slay queens"... that cracked me up @1stGenAmerican.
You know what? "I took some time off for some capacity building programs, and I was busy pushing money around as usual." grin
I had convos with you in January though with my other older NL user name... Remember? *smirk*

So, how have you been? I trust you're good.

By the way, Nipsey Hussle was an Eritrean-American and NOT an Ethiopean-American like I stated in my post that you quoted above.
The error was unintended though since both countries sound alike in my head. Ethiopia and Erithrea used to be one country before they split into separate countries after a Civil War a few decades ago, but they share almost similar cultures. Tiffany Haddish's father is also of Eritrean descent who got married to an African-American woman.

You were partly right to have told that guy that Nipsey Hussle as an "African" and not a Black-American because Ethiopeans and Erithreans don't regard themselves as "Black" but of a mixed Semitic stock. The perception of NOT being "Black" is deeply ingrained in them right on the East side of the African continent where they come from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fu Zhenghua: China Ex-justice Minister Jailed For Life Over $16m Bribe / Kemi Badenoch Appointed Secretary Of State For International Trade / Republican Lawmakers March To Senate Floor To Protest Pelosi’s Mask Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.