Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Daniel 1:14 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daniel 1:14 (122 Views)

Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 / Bishop Daniel Obinim Trying To Fly Like A Bird On Air (Video) / Was Jesus Black? Looking At Revelation 1:14-15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daniel 1:14 by PCHC(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2023
DANIEL 1:14

"So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days." [Daniel 1:14 AKJV]

The guard agreed to the proposal they made and tested them for ten days. [Daniel 1:14 FBV]

In this Bible verse above, a Consent was granted on terms and condition: the agreement of the security manager to the matter was acquired with ten days trying times (ten days probation). The man could not invest his agreement or trust in the proposal of Daniel and his three brethren, until he could test/prove his own security in the agreement or trust in them.

He's the security manager in charge over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, to secure them. There may be something to learn from him about a form of security that involves proving or trying those he was securing, especially if it's required to trust them as secured enough in their own Choices outside the box. Generally:

Security involves "Proving or Proofing." In security terms, when an object is proof to a subject, it is not just about evidence but basically about resistance/hardness to the subject. So the object becomes "Subject-Proof" means the object is resistant to the Subject or would not allow the subject to go/pass through it. E.g.

***Water-proof — means the object is resistant to the passage of water as it's subject. ***Wind-proof — means the object is resistant to the passage of wind as it's subject. ***Fire-proof — means the object is resistant to the passage of fire as it's subject. ***Heat-proof (Insulator) — means the object is resistant to the passage of heat as it's subject. ***Burglary-proof — means the object is resistant to the passage of Burglary as it's subject. ***Bullet-proof — means the object is resistant to the passage of Bullet as it's subject. Etc. So "Proving" or "Proofing" is a basic act in "Security Guarantee."

In the Bible verse above, the Security/Resource manager over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, agreed or consented to prove them for 10 Days probational days, to establish their bodily strength and resistance in living just on vegetables and water.

The idea is to ensure that not what goes into the men came out of the men. If Vegetables and water go into the men and then stronger, cleaner, fatter and healthier, effects come out of the men, then the men are "Leanness-Proof." You may recall the seven fatted cows and the seven lean cows in Pharaoh's dream. Though the seven fatted cows fed only on grass (Vegetables) like Daniel and his three friends, yet those seven fatted cows were "Leanness-Proof." But on the other hand, the seven lean cows swallowed or ate richer meat in the presence of the king (Pharaoh) as if eating the king's food, and yet they remained as lean as they were despite all the fatted cows and meat they fed on. However:

This is not just about being "Lean-Proof" but about being "Defiled-Proof" to what comes or goes into your body. It is written,

[Mark 7:15‭-‬16 NKJV] — There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!”

[Hebrews 12:15 BSB'19] — "Be careful that no one falls short of the grace of God, so that no root of bitterness will spring up to cause trouble and defile many."

If someone slaps me, and I slap back, that means slab passed through my defensive and came out of me after going into me: that means I am not "Slap-proof." If I am abused, reviled, cheated, robbed, offended, tempted, etc, and I allow it pass through me to give out or output similar evil things that was done or imputed into me, that means I am not "Proof" to those evil things because there are leakages through which those evil deeds would also get out from me to hurt other people or even to revenge those who hurt me. Hence, do not return evil for evil to show you are "Proved, Proof or Proofing" as much as lies in you or as much as your capacity can endure. As it is written,

[Romans 12:17-18] — "Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men."

Look, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, were tried "10 Days" to test their "Proof." Your "Proof" in the "10 Days Trial" will be your faithful even in the face of the first death so that you may overcome the second death. As it is written,

[Revelation 2:10‭-‬11 NKJV] — Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.” ’

www.peterch.com

Re: Daniel 1:14 by PCHC(m): 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2023
¹

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 71. / Don't Grow Weary In Doing Good / Loving Even Your Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.