Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Who Do You See When You Picture Your Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Do You See When You Picture Your Marriage? (356 Views)

Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / Inviting Your Parents Into Your Marriage Affairs, Good Or Bad? (Photo) / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You See When You Picture Your Marriage? by JONSYN7154: 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2023
WHO DO YOU SEE WHEN YOU PICTURE YOUR MARRIAGE?

Some of you are already convinced that you are going to marry a wife beater or a person who would take advantage of you or even someone that would be awesome but eventually lose his/her senses as soon as you enter your matrimonial home, that's why some of these discussions we have flying around social media abound. That's why you are already rehearsing for those moments when your spouse is going to cheat. You have already fought with him/her in your mind countless times, even though you haven't found a husband/wife yet. You have already made a million rules, typed, printed, laminated and hung on your wall. Rules founded by fear, rules created to keep you and make you feel safe. You have strategized and re-strategized. You have covered every loophole and have already ensured that you won't end up with the shorter end of the stick, in the event that things go south and you get seperated. You have prepared for divorce and have your mental bags packed, waiting for that moment. You have trained yourself on how to walk out of the door and pictured yourself slamming it shut with a determined expression on your face. You have prepared for every eventuality, you say it is because your spouse might try to cheat you in the future. Your leg is half way out of a marriage that hasn't even started yet, but you don't know it.

Consciously or unconsciously, you are already scared of a husband/wife you haven't met. You have read numerous stories in the news and social media, and have pictured those things happening to you. You have read influencers lay down their millions of rules and have allowed woke people define for you what a good marriage should entail. You have sought wisdom on how to deal with issues like a boss and stocked up ammunition for the future.

I have this one question for you. When you picture the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with( that's if you even still look at marriage as a lifelong commitment), who exactly do you see? Because the way some of you are going about this marriage thing, it looks like you are going to get married to a sworn enemy or rival. It makes me wonder who you see yourself ending up with.

Do you see a person that will love you today and treat you like scum tomorrow because, you know, people change?

Do you see a demon that would hoodwink you into falling in love with him/her only to leave you hanging? Or do you doubt your judgement so much that you believe that that your angel would suddenly bare his/her fangs when you say I do? Let me ask you this, do people actually become evil overnight? One more question, deep down do you still believe that marriages can work? If your answer to this last question is no, then this isn't for you.

I'm not sure who I'll end up with yet. But one thing I know is that, when I picture the person that I'll marry, I don't picture us fighting over who will cook food for the house or not. I picture a partner and a friend. One that I will go out of my way to make comfortable and would also do same for me. I don't picture a competitor, I picture a companion. I feel a warm glow in my chest when I think of this person. I do not picture us squabbling over phone passwords, side chicks and what-not. Call me idealistic and naive and you may be right. But let's be real, this is marriage we are talking about, a lifelong commitment. Maybe we would do all these in the future, maybe I'm wrong, though I seriously hope not. Notwithstanding, I look to the future filled with hope and positive thoughts. I picture a loving marriage, surely not a competition or a war zone. At the very least, I should be able to enter filled with as much light as I can, for we might need it in later days.

Honestly, I can't really say that I know who I will marry yet, but I can surely say that I know who I won't marry. Marriage is one of the most sacred bonds one can ever enter into, going into it filled with doubt and negative emotions only strips it of it's sacredness and infuses bad energy into it.

Personally, I believe that the reason why there are many failed marriages is because many people have allowed society and the things happening around them define what marriage is. God instituted marriage when he created man and planted his purpose in it. We have to retrace our steps and stop all these calculations and permutations because, truth be told, they can't really help us. Have a redefinition of what love is and what marriage is according to godly standards or keep being scared and building walls around you to keep you safe.

I picture hallways filled with laughter when I see my marriage. I picture a home saturated with God's love. I picture a spouse whom I love and a relationship founded on our love for God and held together by mutual respect and understanding.

What or who exactly do you see when you picture your marriage?? Some of the things some of you are envisioning are really scary. That's what makes me ask; Who exactly are you planning on marrying??
Re: Who Do You See When You Picture Your Marriage? by Starz825(m): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
That's some nice piece
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Was The Nigerian Presidential Election R!gged??? | Citizens Speak Their Truth! / Someone Should Help Me Oo / Please read And Advice this Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.