Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development (349 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem / How They Stand In The Race For Senate: Apc 61 Pdp 33 Ypp 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by donbrowser(m): 7:11am On Feb 24, 2023
Link to previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/7582830/atiku-vs-tinubu-vs-obi

This thread is a counter thread against the purpoted lies by Ochejoseph, every sane person would know the thread was riddled on the benchmark of lies, falsehood and deceit.

Here's my opinion which I believe is honest!

Education:
Atiku has no landmark achievement in Education, same as his PDP-Lite counter part Peter Obi. Tinubu was the first governor in Nigeria to return schools to their owners such as missionaries, he built 4 millennium schools. He was the first governor since 1999 to provide free education for all, paid for Waec and Neco fees, gave the teachers enough incentives. Unlike Peter Obi who bought laptops for students and left them to their faith, Tinubu trained their teachers in ICT and also ensured adequate provision of ICT facilities, laboraties even for special schools.

It is quite funny and really irritating to read from Ochejoseph that Atiku's private university is an achievement in education. I'm not surprised because many youths today are also supporting Peter Obi who didn't build a single school as a governor.

A comprehensive list of Tinubu's achievements in Education can be found here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6959386/list-tinubu-achievements-education-when

Another falsehood being echoed by Ochejoseph is the uncertainty of Tinubu's certificate, while I will admit that Atiku has a MSc but here's a submission and confession of Ochejoseph's party member who wasted $4,000 on his findings about Tinubu's certificate genuity https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/11/19/tinubu-graduated-from-chicago-state-university-i-wasted-4000-to-investigate-him-omokri/

However he also failed to talk about Peter Obi who presented GCE to INEC
https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/gce-paper-qualifications-not-true-measure-of-wisdom-obis-aide/y9cwfy3

Job Creation: I was literally expecting Ochejoseph to mention how Atiku created jobs to impact the life of common men but he further buttressed on what we've known Atiku Abubakar for which is enriching himself and his friends, Ochejoseph had the audacity to mention Atiku's private business and Obi's Next supermarket as job creation qualifications for presidential candidates. Pathetic!

He said Tinubu is the worst when it comes to job creation but this news site https://allafrica.com/stories/200002280256.html dating back to year 2000 shows that Tinubu is an employer of labour by employing 10,000 people in 10 months.
He was able to create agencies that employed people from all over the country, these agencies include LASTMA, LAGBUS, LASEWA etc and many other PPP initiatives that created so many jobs for Lagosians. These include Lekki Free Trade Zone, Eko Atlantic, Lagos State Security Trust Fund, Lekki Infrastructure Company, Enron Power Project, LSPDC, Lekki Concession Company.

Tinubu was the only candidate in the recent debate held by NESG with clear goals on job creation where he stated that one of his strategies is to give tax incentives to companies e.g. If you employ 300 poeple as a company, you get tax incentives to offset the burden of their wages. No other candidate mentioned something related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlnv_hqafZU

Power Generation: Ochejoseph briefly hung his jacket of lies here while admitting Tinubu is the only governor in Nigeria to ever generate electricity but I guess Ochejoseph was reminded by an external body he's heading towards marketing Tinubu rather than stating the achievement of Atiku in electricity. Is Ochejoseph trying to shy away from the $16 billion dollars wasted by Obasanjo and Atiku yet we still have epileptic power in the country, he also forgot to mention that the PDP-Lite candidate went to Egypt to study a project that has begun implementation in Nigeria.

Do they deserve your votes?

Health Care:
Ochejoseph could barely list two achievements of Atiku Abubakar in the health sector, he vaguely, mischievously and shamelessly mentioned a private project that generates money into the coffers of Atiku and his cronies. This is another rigid confirmation that Atiku is a selfish leader and will not withhold any step in enriching himself at every given chance. His recent statement in an interview with BBC where he was affirmative about going out of the country to receive treatments, Atiku stated that he will either fly out of the country to receive treatments of import doctors whichever is cheaper for the country, he is never ready to change the narrative of a poor system, he only cares about himself. Atiku had the audacity to say “Should I die?” in the interview here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awvzRQUt-8I You can start watching from 3:18 and get the shocker of your life!
Tinubu on the other hand had massive achievements in health, Older Lagosians will never forget the popular “jigi bola” programme which was designed to provide free eye care services for the old, he initiated the idea of having a health centre in every LCDA, Tinubu created first of its kind marine rescue, drug quality control laboratory, Pre hospital ambulance service accessed from the 123 emergency hot lines (LASAMBUS) among others and there was never a time doctors went on 13 months strike. Thank you!

Security:

Ochejoseph focused his strength more on attacking Peter Obi here stating the Ezu River Masscare among others, it’s family business and I don’t pokenose. However, he failed to mention that Tinubu created RRS in Lagos state to fight insecurity and till date, that has been the best police sect in the country. When Tinubu came on board, he subdued the operation flush and brought a better innovative to handle insecurity in the country.

Preparedness: OcheJoseph has a short memory and should be reminded that Tinubu has on 3 notable occasions won new converts for himself, first was when he presented his manifesto which many have rated as the best, second was his interview with the BBC and the third was the last debate held. OcheJoseph claims Peter Obi is more prepared than Tinubu, I will disagree because Obi was never seen in any political affairs, he never contributed ideas, opinions or the likes to issues of corona virus, endsars etc which he could have used as an avenue to propel himself, he was busy with his containers. If he was also prepared like OcheJoseph claimed, he would have solved the problem of party primaries before it began rather than chicken out to Labour Party and expect to be president in just 8 months.

Tinubu has prepared himself for presidency by creating a framework for Lagos, putting square pegs in square holes, formed a merger and waited for the right time to strike. If Ochejoseph is still mad at the “Emi Lokan” crooner then he should head to Ogun state and ask one of the delegates to explain what Tinubu actually meant. Tinubu is the only candidate that has been the whole 36 states and FCT two times in just 1 year to share his ideas, plans and woo more supporters.

Conclusion:
As you head to the polls this Saturday, vote for competence, track records and someone that has an eye for spotting talents. Someone that will assemble a good team irrespective of your religion or tribe and that person is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by copyrites: 7:14am On Feb 24, 2023
National development 👇👇👇👇

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by donbrowser(m): 7:14am On Feb 24, 2023
Mynd44 Seun
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by shigishege: 7:40am On Feb 24, 2023
Front page ASAP.
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by brain54(m): 7:41am On Feb 24, 2023
I would not have wasted time to vote/support a younger tinubu…

The man is a visionary achiever. A good leader and an outstanding performer in government. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. His track records are there. He also has his bad sides as a human who is never perfect.

No doubt he would have been the most qualified to lead this country due to his antecedents 10 years ago.

But this is 2023 and health issues and age are huge huddles that I doubt tinubu will be able to stand the rigors as president. Presidency no be beans and we need someone as fit as a fiddle and the most alert mentally. Tinubu hasn’t shown he is still mentally and physically capable enough as seen in some of his campaign mishaps.

Even buhari and el Rufia have admitted the toll it took on them and how they would have performed much better in governance if they were much younger.

Obi had an average performance as governor of Anambra. Nothing spectacularly great. But he brings something different from what the other front line candidates are bringing to the table. Which is genuine change and a different approach from how things have been done in the past. Let’s try a new template. See how it works for us as a people.

In local parlance we say I get am before no be property. Tinubu as outstanding a leader he was years ago ain’t the same tinubu of today.

Only the best is good enough for Nigeria.

Let’s vote wisely!
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by Mindlog: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2023
Has Lagos State not been providing free education in primary and secondary schools before 1999?
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by Almaigaa: 7:44am On Feb 24, 2023
donbrowser:
Link to previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/7582830/atiku-vs-tinubu-vs-obi

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Aba made analysis from an Igbo man. I knew one Igbo man will come up with their version of how the candidates stand. See as he just focus on praising Peter Obi cause na Igbo he be grin grin grin

Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by Davies25: 7:51am On Feb 24, 2023
May Nigeria win.
May the South win.
Vote Obi/Tinubu
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by scholarsfunding: 7:54am On Feb 24, 2023
Vote Peter Gregory Obi
Vote LP
Vote Labour Party

Hit like if your PVC is for Obi
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2023
grin NAME one thing Tinubu, started and finished in his 8yrs none, giving one governor cumulative achievements running into a century, nothing but lunacy.

Atiku is best
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by Exclusive101: 8:20am On Feb 24, 2023
If many Igbo admitted what you explained in your comment early in the race maybe just maybe I would have considered Peter Obi but they rather expose their hate that Tinubu will be a worse president than Buhari how can any living soul claim Tinubu will be a worse president to Buhari with his antecedent in Econony Education Internal Generated Revenue Security Civil Service Waste Management Transportation Investment drive Housing etc

The list is endless and you have to be hate filled PDP supporters and Igbo for you to rate Tinubu achievement in governance poorly. Like I said if Tinubu does not clinch it Obi should have it it is Atiku that must never ever get it no matter what. I rather rapture happen than Atiku become president after Buhari 8 years.

brain54:
I would not have wasted time to vote/support a younger tinubu…

The man is a visionary achiever. A good leader and an outstanding performer in government. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. His track records are there. He also has his bad sides as a human who is never perfect.

No doubt he would have been the most qualified to lead this country due to his antecedents 10 years ago.

But this is 2023 and health issues and age are huge huddles that I doubt tinubu will be able to stand the rigors as president. Presidency no be beans and we need someone as fit as a fiddle and the most alert mentally. Tinubu hasn’t shown he is still mentally and physically capable enough as seen in some of his campaign mishaps.

Even buhari and el Rufia have admitted the toll it took on them and how they would have performed much better in governance if they were much younger.

Obi had an average performance as governor of Anambra. Nothing spectacularly great. But he brings something different from what the other front line candidates are bringing to the table. Which is genuine change and a different approach from how things have been done in the past. Let’s try a new template. See how it works for us as a people.

In local parlance we say I get am before no be property. Tinubu as outstanding a leader he was years ago ain’t the same tinubu of today.

Only the best is good enough for Nigeria.

Let’s vote wisely!

Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by aylive02(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2023
From the 10k Tinubu employed, 9899 are urchins and agbero
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by brain54(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2023
Exclusive101:
If many Igbo admitted what you explained in your comment early in the race maybe just maybe I would have considered Peter Obi but they rather expose their hate that Tinubu will be a worse president than Buhari how can any living soul claim Tinubu will be a worse president to Buhari with his antecedent in Econony Education Internal Generated Revenue Security Civil Service Waste Management Transportation Investment drive Housing etc

The list is endless and you have to be hate filled PDP supporters and Igbo for you to rate Tinubu achievement in governance poorly. Like I said if Tinubu does not clinch it Obi should have it it is Atiku that must never ever get it no matter what. I rather rapture happen than Atiku become president after Buhari 8 years.

My brother…

Tomorrow is Election Day. If you are voting go ahead and cast your vote. But my advice is leave sentiments at home when going to cast your vote.

Vote the best man for the job. Another 4/8 years of bad leadership na all of us go feel am not only a section of the country. The way all Nigerians felt the effects of buhari’s leadership.

Let’s not bite our nose to spite our face. If Nigeria is great and working na all of us go enjoy am. Including our children and children’s children who would have a better country to inherit and live in.

Let’s use our head… sentiments aside!
Re: Counter Thread: Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development by Exclusive101: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
You can slander him but Bola Tinubu investment in Econet is not next to nothing. It is Peter obi investment in brewery that is next to nothing. Nigerians vote wisely don't go n vote a former governor

1. Who can not pay WAEC fee
2. Increased tuition by over 300%
3. Watch doctor n lecturer go on year long strike
4. Was caught red handed looting 250 million naira to his warehouse.
5. Looted to build himself malls in Abuja n PH
6. Looted million of dollars into his daughter Gabrielle Pandora account.
7. Turn Anambra into a Killin den where citizen are beheaded every Monday Dora Akuyuli's husband head comes to mind.

I wisely chose to vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu so he can bring transformation he engineered in Lagos to the Federal. Make Peter Obi no bring all the rubbish in Anambra to the Federal.

brain54:

My brother…

Tomorrow is Election Day. If you are voting go ahead and cast your vote. But my advice is leave sentiments at home when going to cast your vote.

Vote the best man for the job. Another 4/8 years of bad leadership na all of us go feel am not only a section of the country. The way all Nigerians felt the effects of buhari’s leadership.

Let’s not bite our nose to spite our face. If Nigeria is great and working na all of us go enjoy am. Including our children and children’s children who would have a better country to inherit and live in.

Let’s use our head… sentiments aside!

(1) (Reply)

Failure To Transmit Results From Polling Units Makes The Results Unacceptable / Elections: The Stages Of Grief: Accepting The Unacceptable LP/PDP / This Election Made Me So Proud Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.