Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday (35147 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by FuckYourFather(f): 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
PlanktonX:

So to you now the guy is a.mumu and the other is smart
Congratulations.

When I say, that people are massively been marked in this year 2023, people are still doubting. Okay let the fraudster continue being smart by steal from others.

This year 2023 will pay everyone in their own coin. That's guaranteed.

my bro wetin man go do now, i no believe say people wey mumu like this op still dey o, i swear.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by rickleye: 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ahmed0336:
100%✓

I don't know why some people behaves this way.
Yesterday my wife bought some groceries and made transfer only to realize the money later reversed.
Now she is on her way back to the shop to pay the man his money.

There's no harm in being good, let the bad ones change their ways.

OP, don't worry, that's some of the sh*t life sometimes throws at us

Blame Buhari and Emewhatever his name is. Putting untold burden on a fragile network. And you cant even withdraw cash . To do so you have to pay a heavy surcharge. Like what self inflicting gun shot wound is that. Just feel like crying . What terrible experience to continue living in. Yet we moove !!!
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Teeroyzimma: 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Bank transfers are pretty bad right now because of the cashless policy no doubt but you just trusting a guy you just met online with that kind of cash is so wrong. If he was one of your old customers I would said you did the right thing by trusting him but you don't know the guy from anywhere at all and that was the first time of doing business with him so what's up with that kind of sudden trust
the op is strange
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by frankputer: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2023
You can still retrieve the Phone number and report to Police or EFCC. He can be tracked.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by cunny88(m): 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Na the business....
I have 10 sims and more self.
So placing the number has no meaning, he will switch to another number.
No, he will cast dat line, his name and account number.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by MeineMutter: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
cunny88:
You shouldn't av deleted his details, you should av pasted it here so others don't fall a victim. A rogue like dat deserves public humiliation

The logs can still be seen to get the number back, since OP said he called the werey like 50 times.

Dem plenty for Abuja o. Sca.mmers and gigolos full Abj. They package wella and hi_t you.

One of them was promising he would do Poland visa for me that year ( very long time ago) and we agreed to meet at his office, when he was asking me to send deposit to a Poland bank account. He said his office was dusty and would need cleaning that he has been out of town for long.
Ok make we meet elsewhere, he suggested his mother-in-law’s house and I was fine with it. Na so I take send one of my younger bros wey be street too make im go tackle the werey and watch out for some clues I had given him.
Lo and behold, na one Aboki gate house the guy carry my brother go and was calling it his in-law’s house.
I told my brother, tell him to let you go inside. The werey say im no wan make im in-law see am. Haba. No be you suggest this place? You dey owe your in-law? So I controlled my brother to leave and go back and ask the Aboki later. When asked afterwards, the Aboki said the werey just beg am to stay there for a while say im dey expect a friend to meet him around that area that im nor know the werey.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by freemi(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

He told me thank you and left, and that was the end.

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.
same happened to me. Since then I don get strong mind. Sorry and move on better days ahead

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Doctortest: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2023
You weren’t scammed of 100k you were scammed of a galaxy watch wey u don rock tire if na direct cash the feeling go Dey different ‘ e Dey happen go and rest baba if I tell u money wey I lose last 2 weeks I just Dey reason which babe I nack wey give me bad luck ‘ ordinary watch u wan cry like small pikin
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by MilesLamar(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

Drop him number here

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by ProGSM(m): 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
You allowed him to scam you.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by captaininiobong(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
Pls bro what was the mistake you did on Amazon that led to closure of your account?
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by pendragonbladgo(m): 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
cunny88:
No, he will cast dat line, his name and account number.
Hmmm
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by dontrulee: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
Guy man, you loose guard.
Anyways, lessons learnt!
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Rinoxy: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
LogicBomb8:

I pray it all ends after the election bro
I pray so too.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Alcoron: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
FuckYourFather:
Mugu must fall for guyman to chop, a fool will always learn a lesson.

you won't be the first neither will you be the last.
imagine you even entered their car to show them the watch, if I was the man i would just zoom off collect ya watch also collect your banking details and your phone.
Thereby gaining 3 instead of one.
You are a criminal, a disgrace to the Nigerian society.

Imagine being bold in criminality.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by IdeasPro(m): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Any business person who knows his onions will.never trust the second party based on looks, gentleness, religion, etc on first or second meeting.

You EARN trust over time or when someone you trust recommend someone else. So, a true business man will never do anything in a hurry when thlngs do not tilt to his favour.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by FuckYourFather(f): 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Alcoron:
You are a criminal, a disgrace to the Nigerian society.
Imagine being bold in criminality.
you are a fool
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Amen!!
Well some banking apps do have challenges thisdays, perhaps you are not aware, but since he isn't picking your calls that is a red flag, but you too dey vex Sha, why delete his number, they are people that can track him down in Abuja .
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Olami6014(f): 1:27am On Feb 25, 2023
So sorry about that 🙄🙄
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Dmanky(m): 3:13am On Feb 25, 2023
skultrick:

A lesson hard learnt. I have come to realize in any venture in life be it business or whatever, trust is a very scarce currency, to survive you must be ruthless to a predetermined principle and that nobody is worthy of trust absolutely, with this mindset, you will always be sceptical and create a defensive mechanism.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by darediamond(m): 6:27am On Feb 25, 2023
skultrick:

Bro, you got scammed because of your wrong Mentality lack of personal predefined business dealings Rules in this wicked days!

You are not even security consious at all.

Who TRUST, GOOD LOOK HELP?

He asked you to come into his vehicle and you did? Haa, who does that in this era of WICKED RITUALIST and Ransom seekering Kidnappers?

I Dare Diamond Of Nigeria Myself and I.....!!!!

Hmmm, no bragging, no arrogance here Bros, I calmly would ask him to come out of his car to deal in the open and would instantly state the condition that his form of payment must meet before he can take my goods away. If he agrees, we deal., Otherwise, he remain in his car and or return back to his car.

Aso nla ko no Eyan Nla ke!

Eni ma da Aso fun eni, ti orun re ni ao wo which you place yourself under is an outdated proverb that subjects you to Inferiority Complex.

Be yourself always. Have Rules regardless whom you are dealing with.

Forget the appearance. Either Bad or Good. Business is Business.

Whether na Ogirika him put on or na Cha-cha, DM say FOLLOW WHO KNOW ROAD.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2023
skultrick:

I Don't Know I can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man like me will be so useless.

You get mind ooo you dey take risk ooo
You dey meet person for the very first time na inside him motor you dey enter transact business and you no even fear sef say he come along with two people what if they zoom the car immediately you enter na so we for here say you dun miss or they dun give you skullarship
Even if na my papa I dey do transaction with I must confirm before I discharge am... You sabi trust oo for this APC regime you go learn the hard way
You no see alert you dey freestyle the person na because you get too much money that is why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinasa Pauline Agbata: Killer of female UNIZIK student, arrested / Church Member Petitions Police Over Lagos Prophet Who Defrauded Her Of N5million / I Aborted 320 Pregnancies – Abigail, Self-confessed Human Trafficking Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.