Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday (35175 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Got Scammed, 100k Discovered He's A Nigerian / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Kobicove(m): 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry for your loss.

Don't be so trusting of Nigerians especially when money is concerned...I learnt this the very hard way!

6 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Idoko619(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
SHARPNESS IS NOT ABOUT STEALING FROM OTHERS BY TRICKS.IT WONT LAST AND LAST LAST YOU FACE THE PAINFUL CONSEQUENCES angryso don't try to glamorize evil,that what vote buying does too ,yu are killing a nation by selling votes to evil leadership that suffers citizens later angrywear good character always

Sure you understand what he meant at all?
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Segzy19: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
Now you have learned the hard way because you refused to learn from the experience of others.

In trade, you don't let emotions controls you.

You never knew this person before...
You met him for the first time in his car..
You even entered his car. What if you were kidnapped through chloroform or some other means?

He did a transfer of 100k to you and you allowed him go 'based on trust' like you said in your story..
You trusted an unknown person with your 100k despite all the scam stories we have been hearing all over Facebook, Instagram, twitter and even on this nairaland?

You were too eager to sell off the item that you allowed yourself to be swindled.
This is Nigeria o, and people will always be who they are ..

Now you are wiser ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
Learn to be smart and wise.

Bro
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Idoko619(m): 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
FuckYourFather:
Mugu must fall for guyman to chop, a fool will always learn a lesson.

you won't be the first neither will you be the last.
imagine you even entered their car to show them the watch, if I was the man i would just zoom off collect ya watch also collect your banking details and your phone.
Thereby gaining 3 instead of one.

The part where he entered the car just off me.
Even if you just return from heaven, you should've heard things dont work so in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Samade7: 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
So sorry bro........Just leave the God-forsaken animal.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Segzy19: 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
Na so dem dey behave nau...

All these Gen z children. They don't learn...
BASED ON TRUST oshi

He even had the gut to come and report his stupidity here online...

Again, he deleted the guy's phone number instead of sharing it here so that he can be avoided or even traced at a later time...

Wealthyonos:

The only only unwise person I see in this story is you..

You're talking about trust in the Nigeria of today as if you're new in this life. Read this your story to a 15yrs old and get a judgement for it. Sorry for your loss, unfortunately, you will still repeat the mistake another time BASE ON TRUST

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Christistruth00: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
Funny enough, while we were packed in front of shoprite, an army guy and police man stationed there looked at the car and said you guys look like bad people. The guy at the front said they are not, that they are just trying to close a deal.

That was the first sign, I could remember someone saying these force men are very spiritual and can easily detect evil when they see it. I waved it off with the taught that the force men might be looking for bribe.

There was something off about these guys. They didn't really look like people who could buy that watch. I said you don't judge people wealth by appearance.

The guy should be around 40-45, and he said he wanted to buy the watch for his son. I was wondering why get a watch for a small child. Perhaps, he married very early was my taught.

Anyways, it's past tense.

Because of the recent cash scarcity, transfer and POS is now the order of the day, so you all be very careful.

Beg the shoprite People

See if they can use their CCTV to pick the Car number that they met you in

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by YeyeGbami: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Amen!!

You still dey trust black man, e b lyke say you be white man. Trust nobody, you go wait for alert next time and don’t enter strangers vehicle for any reason.

What happen to asking him to step down and chill at eatery or park around.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2023
Why would you allow him go somebody you met online..
Why delet his number atleast post it here and let people give him uber treatment unless he is not going to use that line again ..
No picture,no ID nothing to trace sorry for your loss but it can be avoided bro

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by bluefilm: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

He told me thank you and left, and that was the end.

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.

Are you sure you are not the one who is useless?

How can a grown ass man be scammed of 100k just like that in these days of rampant scams?

It doesn't just make any sense to me.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Mrkumareze(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ahmed0336:
100%✓

I don't know why some people behaves this way.
Yesterday my wife bought some groceries and made transfer only to realize the money later reversed.
Now she is on her way back to the shop to pay the man his money.

There's no harm in being good, let the bad ones change their ways.

OP, don't worry, that's some of the sh*t life sometimes throws at us

Bank wahala has given room to all this sh*t.. my woman made a transaction of 10800 first week of this month. The money was debited. Upto this moment, the recipient haven't gotten the credit.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by livenija: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.
he no hard, go back to ur recycle bin retrieve the number save am again.

Or go jiji collect d number.

After like a month contact with random number use female try see which kind buinesss he dey do n tell her to talk more on that n meet for deal

9 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by lordmeks: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
Next time don’t trust people too quickly, the world is evil nowadays

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by motionarena: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Sorry bro.
But I see you were intimidated by the men thus allowing dem to leave without u confirming d payment.

You should have made it clear from d onset that u would not leave without confirming the payment especially when u suspected they were suspicious

This period many thieves will take advantage of the banks apps failures so do not lose guard

6 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Slynation(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Number 1 rule of selling items online is "don't be desperate to sell your products" there will always be another customers...

How I do my things is that we will meet in a very popular eatery, because people tends to put on there best behaviour in an eatery (don't worry about food and drinks, I will pay)

If you tell me you are in haste and let's conclude the deal, then I tell you my product is not for you, that you should reschedule another date for our transaction when you are free and this has save me a whole lot...I have never been scammed in my life apart from when my trust wallet account was hacked...!!

You took a very big risk by even entering the car to conclude a transaction process, what if they pulled a pistol on you!! Your matter self weak me o

9 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Reelmii: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The successful scammer usually looks wealthy, handsome and gentle. He can also flow very well. This already puts you off guard
exactly,,, and all na packaging and borrow pose....that car may not even ne his own....and those boys are his partners in crime

This is very common in lekki....

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Kasdat5(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
Post his number(s) let's disturb the rest of his lie for him ..

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Olodo24: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
Funny enough, while we were packed in front of shoprite, an army guy and police man stationed there looked at the car and said you guys look like bad people. The guy at the front said they are not, that they are just trying to close a deal.

That was the first sign, I could remember someone saying these force men are very spiritual and can easily detect evil when they see it. I waved it off with the taught that the force men might be looking for bribe.

There was something off about these guys. They didn't really look like people who could buy that watch. I said you don't judge people wealth by appearance.

The guy should be around 40-45, and he said he wanted to buy the watch for his son. I was wondering why get a watch for a small child. Perhaps, he married very early was my taught.

Anyways, it's past tense.

Because of the recent cash scarcity, transfer and POS is now the order of the day, so you all be very careful.
You're too soft to be a Nigerian in Nigeria. Seeing three other guys in the car was the number one red flag, but you ignored it because you think everyone is honest like you are. You should see a credit alert before letting a client go. That's the rule.

Anyway, this is one of the consequences of this nonsense cashless policy they imposed on us overnight

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by truthbetold22: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

I am sorry but you are very foolish. A scam that is over 5 years old in Nigeria is still taking people like you everyday. Firstly, there is no "I thought he was a gentleman" in business. Secondly, ALL you had to do was log in your bank app and check your transactions and it will be there if it was sent. Worse case, 30 minutes after.

What kinda young person still waits for text message alert like an illiterate? You can do a transfer by 9AM and a text alert wouldn't come till midnight or even the next day because texts are dependent on alot of variables.

Enug said, a fool and his money are easily parted.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Engineer036: 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2023
[quote author=Ahmed0336 post=121183742] 1
I don't know why some people behaves this way.
Yesterday my wife bought some groceries and made transfer only to realize the money later reversed.
Now she is on her way back to the shop to pay the man his money.

There's no harm in being good, let the bad ones change their ways.

Same thing happened to my yesterday
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by insightful01(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry for your case, you do transaction of. 100k , without having a Mobile bank app. Don't rely on credit or debit alert. Constantly make use of your mobile app.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by CodeTemplar: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

The jiji platform should have a chat function to be used to contact sellers. That will keep record of who is initiating what with who. Probably with a jiji wallet that will be funded and used to settle such transactions outside the interbanking payment system.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by satelliteDISH(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Thank you for this thread.

I am also in to this amazon associates marketing.

Please what mistake did you do in 2020, that made them to close your account. I want to learn and avoid it too. Thanks
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by PlanktonX: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2023
FuckYourFather:
Mugu must fall for guyman to chop, a fool will always learn a lesson.

you won't be the first neither will you be the last.
imagine you even entered their car to show them the watch, if I was the man i would just zoom off collect ya watch also collect your banking details and your phone.
Thereby gaining 3 instead of one.

So to you now the guy is a.mumu and the other is smart
Congratulations.

When I say, that people are massively been marked in this year 2023, people are still doubting. Okay let the fraudster continue being smart by steal from others.

This year 2023 will pay everyone in their own coin. That's guaranteed.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Pipefitter: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Sorry about that
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
cunny88:
You shouldn't av deleted his details, you should av pasted it here so others don't fall a victim. A rogue like dat deserves public humiliation
Na the business....
I have 10 sims and more self.
So placing the number has no meaning, he will switch to another number.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by afbstrategies: 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

I didn't see it as risk. It was 3.3pm and we were right in front of shoprite with lots of people around including security officials.
You should be thankful to God that you’re alive. Even if you’re inside a Nigerian police compound, don’t do any transaction inside a vehicle with unknown people.

Count your blessings, while dealing with your loss.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Grupo(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Sorry for your experience bro.

I remember when someone here on nairaland scammed me of $144 Payoneer funds. It was a sad experience.

Something you wrote caught my attention. About Amazon associates.

Please, how did you create the account? I tried to create an account sometime but my Nigerian phone number wasn't supported to receive OTP. Please do you know a way to overcome this? I'm assuming you are talking about Amazon affiliate program.

Also, how do you send traffic to your offers? Is it possible for me to pm you just to get a few ideas? If you wouldn't mind.

Sorry again for your experience.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by deltateam: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

He used psychology on you. He came with 3 guys as an intimidation. He even asked you to enter into the car to disarm any resistance you'll have made.

Be wise next time.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Thats the reason why many people have trust issues.

I have been dumped too, by closeby friends.....but I can't help but still trust them anyway.

There are things I trust in the hands of strangers, even things concerning my life......like traveling at the dead of the night with total strangers. Sometimes in vehicles with only men looking somehow.

I leave my phones with strangers, hoping that they will return it to me.

Sometimes I have taken risk like the one u did, several times. It's worrisome, but one thing I believe is that, so long as ur hand is clean and u don't engage in duping others, posterity will bring people that will treat u that same way.

Most times I commit it to God. Just a small short prayer like "oh God, my phone is in your hand. May it not be stolen" " God please don't let me meet wicked people.....or let this people not be unkind to me" etc.

And most times I make such prayer, I hardly lose anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine / Driver Diverts His Employer’s N23m Truck Of Milk / 120 Kilos Of Cocaine Wash Up On Australian Beaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.