Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) (81142 Views)

Ado Ekiti Is Underrated / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Kirigidi(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
AccessME:
u meant to say good leadership
Yrs, thanks for the correction
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by veneza(f): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
Just arrived
So I finally read to the last page
Operator thumbs up what a nice topic and eye-opener

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Lovelydaisies: 3:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
The OP stated the truth. I lived there from 2016-2020 and taught in a bilingual school, after my diploma in the French language. I still miss the life there, especially the night life. cheesy

I hope to go back with my family. Cost of living/rent might be high but security, amenities and infrastructure dey. Just have the money.

Their people too can be friendly to foreigners especially Nigerians. I keep contact till this day with most of them, not just to keep my French knowledge going, but, who knows, in case I find myself back there or I need anything from them.

6 Likes

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Kaysalas(m): 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
Gatess:
THE UNDERRATED COTONOU

Since I
* Security generally.
Apprenez vous Français ?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by softsoul22(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Noted
Countersam:

WhatsApp 08062512778
Call +22999033359
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

How is house affordable please? Self con is about 3-40k cefas monthly.... The strong point for Benin is light and organisation.. But things are a bit high especially when you staying in Cotonou or Abomey

40k cefa is like 480k yearly

That is around 360k naira yearly
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by franchasofficia: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
Gatess:

I see china trucks and I believe it will sell well cos of the busy nature of their ports and remember this is a transit route too. So the parts will sell too cos motor parts are imported from naija.
As for tech companies, there are according to a discussion I had with someone last month and being here for such makes it whole lot easier
Okay thanks
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Meedon: 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Elsueno:

bros, they do Woh, rigging can only work if there a semblance of support.. Imagine having a candidate where youths not only massively vote for in d south but the whole country..How can they rig d election..look out how sanwolu is currently begging for a chance & his supporters using tribal manipulation in order to coarse voters...You can't rig if d overwhelming majority refuse u

This is another angle.
Chai

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by babyfaceafrica: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Okonandmary:

40k cefa is like 480k yearly

That is around 360k naira yearly

Yes, is that cheap? You will get same rate in ikorodu, Agege, abule egba area na
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Afolue(m): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2023
May Asiwaju a.k.a Messi help us achieve this.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

How is house affordable please? Self con is about 3-40k cefas monthly.... The strong point for Benin is light and organisation.. But things are a bit high especially when you staying in Cotonou or Abomey

Sorry where do u currently live in naija. A good room and parlour at Lagos island like surulere goes for how much per annum? How much does that go for places like Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Asaba etc. And I said depend on location and standard of house.

*I mean mainland
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by jrobbins: 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
Gatess:

If u are coming from lag, u can manage between 150k to 200k

Nice. I'd love to visit when I take my leave at the office.

I would save your username and probably mention you turn if I have any enquiries. Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by babyfaceafrica: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
Gatess:

Sorry where do u currently live in naija. A good room and parlour at Lagos island like surulere goes for how much per annum? How much does that go for places like Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Asaba etc. And I said depend on location and standard of house.

*I mean mainland

Self con in abule egba /agege is 300-400 yearly. Lagos Island and surulere are expensive due to its proximity to lekki and environs.

Rent in Agbowo/Ojo as at 2020 was 120k....

I understand the location and standard of house though, you have a point.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Hassanmaye(m): 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Starboytwo:
How many people are in bene republic again?

If Nigeria was just like eg Ebonyi, small, maybe 5 million people, it will be very easy to govern.

Don’t be comparing 5million people to 250 million people. Over 300 ethnic groups. Over 500 languages. Oboy, incomparable.
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Euphoria19: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
nwauwa:
thank you. am changing about 700k cefa to cover my hotel and food bills for the duration my stay

Oh okay, I went with my sister, we didn't change enough money at the border cause we assumed we didn't need that much, we changed 100k and ran out in 2 days, so make sure you keep miscellaneous, you will enjoy your stay in cotonou, so many nice places to visit if you know your way around

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by nwauwa(m): 10:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
Euphoria19:

Oh okay, I went with my sister, we didn't change enough money at the border cause we assumed we didn't need that much, we changed 100k and ran out in 2 days, so make sure you keep miscellaneous, you will enjoy your stay in cotonou, so many nice places to visit if you know your way around
am going to Togo not Cotonou

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Euphoria19: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
nwauwa:
am going to Togo not Cotonou

I see, okay maybe when you go, you give us update of how that side is

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by ghettochild(m): 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
Larryndelaw:
You never commot for,naija, you are looking for another country passport. Stop speaking bad abt your own country. Nigeria is not that bad. Lots of people are still making it in Nigeria. Go and research about how many people.has their own house in Nigeria last year. Stop waiting for that Scammer called OBI.

Shut up fool. Am in SA

3 Likes

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by negro77: 12:33am On Mar 07, 2023
ghettochild:

Shut up fool. Am in SA
Lmao
This your response harsh man grin

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by negro77: 12:43am On Mar 07, 2023
AbleBouncer:

You are so right bro. I left naija for niger republic since last year, can you believe people don't know what is generator here, light dey steady and their money is more valuable than naira. Their highest currency is 10k
Just 1 leaf o. Come see technology
Bro can we possibly WhatsApp?

3 Likes

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 1:35am On Mar 07, 2023
For those into some skill works like Motor Mechanics, tailoring, hairdressings, etc u may not be able to operate here legally without being in their various unions and getting their diploma certificate which probably comes from the government via ur boss. This permits u to operate legally here but when gotten and u package ur biz a little, u will get influx of apprentice coming to learn from u wit good pay as reg fee.

They really pay attention to their skill jobs which is nice.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 2:01am On Mar 07, 2023
I have gotten some DM on studying here which motivated me in making some more research on studies. Pls before applying for admission here, verify the accreditation of the school first.
I am still trying to get list of most recognized universities to attend. Once done, I will share it here. Those who wanna upgrade their HND cert to Bsc, which u can use for some programs in overseas, I will have some infos for u soon.
The fact is that it's easier to gain admission here with lesser years to spend in school but Nigerian certificates are more recognized internationally.
For now, I can't dish out some infoS on schooling here until it is completely verified but hearing some good updates.
For those interested in anything studies, pls be patient and I advise u can even come down yourself to get first hand info. I can always guide u or connect u to reliable people who can guide u through. Best of luck
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gerrard59(m): 5:55am On Mar 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

She has always told us that Nigeria no be am. That the country can never get better. This was when I was in primary school o. So no be today. She has been preaching it as she is well travelled. Then, she would say "Nigerians don't know how to enjoy life", "even with money, you cannot enjoy life in Nigeria", And this is a woman who has money o.

Yes, regional government is the best. Let Abuja be weakened, and various states/regions elect leaders that can cater to their needs based on their cultural norms and beliefs. Use their natural resources for themselves, and contribute something to Abuja. Similar to the UK, and a little like the US. That is the only way Nigeria (various constituents) can develop and prosper. The elections in 2015 and a little bit of 2011 taught me lessons that the country is not united, and last I checked, divisive countries never prosper in the long run. Even when they do, they are not safe as prosperous homogenous countries.

I don't plan building/buying a house in Nigeria as we have properties already. I rather do Namibia than Benin Republic. I forsee Nigeria fighting another civil war. The case of residents in Ogun fleeing to Benin because of Fulani herdsmen and those in the North East to Cameroon or those in Western Cameroon fleeing to Uyo/Calabar are enough deterrent. I dread countries that have weak immigration policies towards Nigerians. The fewer Nigerias are there, the better.

Based on the tribal slurs, videos and pictures I have read online, it is only a matter of time before Nigeria descends into another civil war. I would be here to remind you people when it happens.

As for Igbos investing outside the south east and south, sorry would be your name. The seizure of properties would be terrible than the first civil war. Invest outside Nigeria. The earlier you know this, the better.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Wande22(m): 7:24am On Mar 07, 2023
since13o:

How did your brother get the passport. Does he have any link?
He hasn't got the passport yet
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by ghettochild(m): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2023
negro77:
Lmao
This your response harsh man grin
Read his response as well. It surely deserves the harshness
Since when is it a crime to acquire a citizenship or passport of another country.
The fool been think say na everybody dey less privilege like he is.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by mymadam(m): 10:16am On Mar 07, 2023
@Gatess, good thread this. Please is recharge card PRINTING (yes, printing), a profitable business in Cotonou nowadays? Or is the GSM business different to Nigeria's? Thank you 🙏🏽
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
mymadam:
@Gatess, good thread this. Please is recharge card PRINTING (yes, printing), a profitable business in Cotonou nowadays? Or is the GSM business different to Nigeria's? Thank you 🙏🏽

No recharge card printing here. Everything is done electronically.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by pansophist(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
caprini1:
Ivory coast has serious armed robbery problems,after their little civil war.

I'm not saying it's heaven. I'm saying it better. And with common sense, it's safe. Very safe. You can walk freely at night no problem.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by pansophist(m): 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
AngelicBeing:
You are correct, l enjoyed all my stay / business trip etc in Cotonou / lvory coast, Ghana / Mali, Gambia / Burkina Faso before l travel to The West for studies, I agree with all the Op posted, Benin Republic and lvory coast are good places to live and enjoy quality life, Nigeria is just a joke of a country sad

Nigeria is like America. The average citizens may be rich, but the quality of their life is very poor. Because no matter how rich a person is , your wealth can't change the strength of your passport.

It can't suddenly make the streets and road look like wakanda, and an angry soldier can slap you. Then you see how useles money becomes in the face of existential problems.

For me, what qualifiea a good country is peace, safety, security, stable electricity, passable infrastructure, and less corruption. Ivory Coast and lots of ecowas country score high.

Naija really cast. I mean, just give the basics, make e be say na to develop remain. But no. The country still punish citizens in spite of their suffering. Na wa

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Which European Country Can I Travel To With 3m? / 2 Corpers Die In Road Accident Along Ajeokuta-Lokoja Expressway (Disturbing Pix) / Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.