Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) (81015 Views)

Ado Ekiti Is Underrated / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Aniaino2341: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
aysnoopy:

Translation and teaching... I have started tho.. in 🇧🇯 already
Can I know y u want to learn French?
I also wish to learn
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by cybernaut(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2023
[quote author=Aniaino2341 post=125219793][/quote] which college are you learning it and how much is the learning course. Once more congrats for your determination to leave naija
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by aysnoopy(m): 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2023
[quote author=Aniaino2341 post=125219793][/quote]

Can we contact each other
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by jackson44(m): 5:20am On Aug 20, 2023
Aniaino2341:

I M in benin and it's very possible

Does Benin republic banks cards ,work with international shopping platforms? E.g Ebay,Amazon and Alibaba and co.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by leoA1: 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2023
Aniaino2341:

I M in benin and it's very possible
Can i have a one on one discussion with you please, my whatsapp number (08104879541)
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Panthomy: 7:36am On Aug 29, 2023
jackson44:

Does Benin republic banks cards ,work with international shopping platforms? E.g Ebay,Amazon and Alibaba and co.
use chippercash or eversend

However for cheap dollar check out use PayPal.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by dreaonit: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2023
Please how can I send money to Cotonou from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by jackson44(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Panthomy:
use chippercash or eversend

However for cheap dollar check out use PayPal.

Thanks bro.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by babakb: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
I WILL BE 40 NEXT YEAR, I AM PLANNING TO COME TO BENIN, NEXT YEAR, I NEED AN ADVISE ON HOW TO GET A GOOD FRENCH SCHOOL WERE I CAN LEARN, IMPROVE MY SPOKEN FRENCH WITHIN ONE YEAR, AND AT THE SAME TIME, SET ASIDE A LITTLE BUSINESS THAT COULD BE GENERATING ME AN INCOME WHILE I AM STUDYING,

MY QUESTION HERE IS, I HAVE A BUGETTING OF WITHIN N800 - N1M FOR THIS, WILL THIS AMOUNT BE ENOUGH FOR ME TO ACHIEVE THIS THERE, WHILE I ALSO ENGAGE MY SELF IN OTHER SIDE HUSTLE? ,

I've not been to Cotonou before but I have some information from those who have been there.

1M is not enough for a year, you need a minimum of 2M, this will cover your accommodation cost, feeding and transportation costs.
You can enroll into Institute Francais du Benin.

You can only consider a budget of 1M if you have someone that will accommodate you for free for the whole of the year.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by mercy87(f): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Who is interested, let's tour benin Republic together?

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by mercy87(f): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pandagirl:
Hello guys, I recently heard about Cotonou and I'm eager to go for a mini vacation there in July.
My budget is not much, say 50k. I would like to know:
If it's possible to get a shortlet (not hotel o) for like 3 nights and what it might likely cost me and my partner?
If it will be relatively cheaper to cook our meals from foodstuffs bought at the market?
If there is a way to not use my Nigerian passport at the border?

I'm open to suggestions on all the listed for that budget (no insults please).
Coming from Lagos.

Thank you in advance.

Did you finally go?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by mercy87(f): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Countersam:

I grew up in Cotonou and I must confess you have known a whole lot in a short while. Patrice Talon is the President to remember over here.

I am in Cotonou if you want to hook up...

Hi Sam, I want to be in Cotonou by Sept. Coming from lagos. I will need help please as per first time traveller
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Countersam(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
mercy87:

Hi Sam, I want to be in Cotonou by Sept. Coming from lagos. I will need help please as per first time traveller

It's alright. WhatsApp 08054389119 or +22999033359
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Zebulun1: 12:35am On Oct 03, 2023
Please i want to get a residence permit in Benin republic before December who can put me through abeg 🙏
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by capricornlady: 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
mercy87:

Hi, did you still go? how was your experience? Plan to visit soon too
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by stagger: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
Starboytwo:
How many people are in bene republic again?

If Nigeria was just like eg Ebonyi, small, maybe 5 million people, it will be very easy to govern.

Don’t be comparing 5million people to 250 million people. Over 300 ethnic groups. Over 500 languages. Oboy, incomparable.

This kind of argument grieves me to no end.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Etoodike: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2023
Gate2:

Funny enough, The ivory coast you talked about is mainly dependent on agriculture. Their roads àre so sweet and their police and immigration are very good too. Many African countries have left us behind when it comes to good life and good governance.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by bet9ja(m): 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2023
mercy87:
Who is interested, let's tour benin Republic together?

I have a plan to visit this month end during my 2 weeks leave.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Nas1: 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
Op, please how is fuel business still going over there?, I mean I want to be buying fuel from Nigeria and sell on the street as they use to do there on norms, hope it's still allowed and I think those stupid customs will not be disturbing again since subsidy has been removed
I'm just thinking of taking advantage of the little difference in our currency to make myself money small small maybe I can make it from there cos this Nigeria do not favour me at all
Any advice on this please
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Bossbaby01: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Pls how much is a bag of orange there. Because I supply pls can I have ur watsapp number plsssssss
Gatess:

Food is relatively cheap bro. At least some bags of foreign rice is below 20k cefa. 1kilo of garri is about 250-300 cefa. Tomato of 500 cefa can last u for a day for a family of four.
Fish is cheaper here.
Fruits like pineapple is extremely cheap, even orange
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Anonimoux: 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
Starboytwo:
How many people are in bene republic again?
If Nigeria was just like eg Ebonyi, small, maybe 5 million people, it will be very easy to govern.
Don’t be comparing 5million people to 250 million people. Over 300 ethnic groups. Over 500 languages. Oboy, incomparable.
The United States of America have a population of 330 Million People, with a GDP of $25 Trillion, what's your point exactly?

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Anonimoux: 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2023
Gate2:

I guess china, India and USA would have been a shit hole if population hinders development. If u are talking in terms of crime, I will agree with bro. Instead of u to blame the corrupt leaders, u are bringing population into this. It's well
Some black people reason and think like fooools. That's why it's futile to be engaging them in meaningful discussions, spit.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by hunee: 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
Please anyone here can update us on the current exchange rate for caf to naira?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by AfahaAbia(m): 11:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
capricornlady:
Hi, did you still go? how was your experience? Plan to visit soon too

When do u plan coming? I have a comfortable 2 bedroom apartment in Cotonou.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by odinga1of: 4:40am On Dec 10, 2023
Dshocker:

You forgot to mention that 98% of their citizens practice voodoo.

You can't use and dump their girls anyhow, else you go hear am, unless say the girl no report you give her family.

As i am typing this right now, a guy from my village is still running mad, after he deceived one of their girls with love and impregnated her, at the end he dumped her, sometime around year 2003 till date.

Oga come Delta State here, deceive girls, impregnate dem n run to Lag or Abuja and see what we happen to u.

How can u deceive a girl n impregnate her and run?

In Terry's G voice "U go run mad"
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by jackson44(m): 9:08am On Jan 03
I need help getting contact of a freight and forwarder from china to benin republic .
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by 3shadi: 3:41pm On Jan 03
Gatess:
THE UNDERRATED COTONOU

Since I was born till date, we Nigerians have always looked down on a lot of neighboring countries like Cameroon, Togo, Benin Republic etc.
Well, you are not to be blamed if you are among those who look down on some of these countries, even when we have not had an opportunity to cross border.
Bro I schooled in Benin, that place is a complete mess nothing is cheap there, have you looked at the exchange rate lately Even if you buy a bag of rice for 20k cfa and you convert that money to Naira it’s about 40k Naira, please if you don’t have money don’t near that place please, Benin is a nice place if you’ve made money and your going there to spend it, girls there do hookup and the guys do yahoo, in terms of electricity the have 247 light and water but then, it’s not just worth it plus the scorching sun there Omoh

Well I was one of those people who actually looked down on most of these countries until I had an opportunity to sail round west Africa and the narratives changed.

Meanwhile I was completely marvelled the first time I visited Cotonou, the business hub of Benin Republic about 4 years ago when Patrice Talon newly took office
Two years after I re-visited, after touring round other west African countries. I spent 3 days here and without a waste of time, I concluded to relocate down to this place based on the level of development I saw, the security, serenity etc.

Finally I am now living here and I have no regret so far.

I will say this country is blessed with the best president who is working tirelessly to improve the living conditions of his beloved citizens and I am glad hearing citizens saying positive things about the president.

Things You Don't Know About Benin Republic...

*They have currently have one of the best roads/road network in west Africa
* The maintain law and order
* Security is good
* Security personnels are friendly and don't intimidate anyone. If caught intimidating you, he or she will severely be punished
" If you are caught in a robbery attack which involves gun, forget it, u are gun forever.
* Electricity is 247. No low voltage or unecessarily interruptions.
* Steady clean water supply by the government at an affordable rate
* 247 transport system cos of good security
* Night life is topnotch.. in fact their balling na night with street light almost every nook and cranny of the city.
* Amazing beaches with super duper fun.
* Nice Bilingual schools for your kids
*Stress free movement without traffic jam.
* Policemen scattered at every nook and cranny of the town to maintain law and order and not for stop and search.
* Drugs are only bought or sold at a registered pharmacies and not from quacks or roadside vendors
* Foreigners almost have same right with citizen and can't be treated anyhow
*Women are like egg here. Any maltreatment or mistreatment, you will face the law.
*Public school, go to sch by 7:30am and return home for break by 12noon and return back to school by 3pm to dismiss between 6-7pm Monday- Friday
* You can choose to relocate from your rented apartment after a month or two cos of the privilege of monthly payment plan
* Their money now more valuable than naira in black market
*This is the only safe transit route coming from other African countries to Nigeria. Of course you should know how that helps an economy.
*Internet is steady and fast but a bit expensive
*Pepper body no common here like naija
* ETC

Business Opportunities
From My Findings So Far...

*Tailoring is a place to explore especially when you sew English wears and Nigerian attires
* Sales of any kind of electronics which you can bring from Nigeria and Togo cos they are cheaper over there and expensive here.
* Sales of second hand phones and laptops, not forgetting their accessories too. Very lucrative
* Nigerian foods are in high demand especially areas where Nigerians live more. U go sell tire
* Sales of sewing machines(more of manual)and it's accessories are in high demand cos this is their major skill work with hairdressing.
* Phone and laptop repairs needs serious attention here cos most of the engineers are not competent enough
* Sales of motor parts/bike parts. Both are very good biz here too.
* Bilingual schools are still in high demand in some places including teachers.
* Transportation biz- As a naija man, u will do better plying from border to town, if you are a smart. As an okada rider, concentrate around Tokpa, Misebo and Beach, you will be fine too.
Those who are into okirika(2nd clothes, shoes & bags), it's still very profitable till date but you must have a good contact for you not to be cheated.
Etc

Let me drop my pen here for now. I will be sharing some photos of the places I have been to like the beaches etc . So stay tuned as we will be dropping more information to give you a comprehensive info about the country generally.

3 Likes

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by MrNovo: 12:18am On Jan 04
hunee:
Please anyone here can update us on the current exchange rate for caf to naira?
N1000 = 490 CFA
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by MrNovo: 12:30am On Jan 04
Nas1:
Op, please how is fuel business still going over there?, I mean I want to be buying fuel from Nigeria and sell on the street as they use to do there on norms, hope it's still allowed and I think those stupid customs will not be disturbing again since subsidy has been removed
I'm just thinking of taking advantage of the little difference in our currency to make myself money small small maybe I can make it from there cos this Nigeria do not favour me at all
Any advice on this please
Every 100ft you walk there is a fuel stand. Mostly done by ladies while the men handle the cross border smuggling on motorcycles. Competition is steep but everyone gets to make sales because demand is just too much considering that the town never sleeps.
Where I see huge potentials is in the Gas refill business. It would never be as competitive as the petrol biz considering the skill set needed to handle refilling
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by MrNovo: 12:35am On Jan 04
Zebulun1:
Please i want to get a residence permit in Benin republic before December who can put me through abeg 🙏
Very possible. If you haven't gotten it.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by MrNovo: 12:44am On Jan 04
dreaonit:
Please how can I send money to Cotonou from Nigeria?
You can easily do this via binance P2P ( you pay USDT and they send XOF to the receivers Momo account) OR alternative you can also use an exchanger who you send Naira to his bank account and they credit the Momo account you provide.
If using an Exchanger you can agree to use any reputable Escrow on Nairaland.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 4:11pm On Jan 05
Sorry guys for the long silence here. So many things happened but am fully back. So for those with questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to drop it here and I will definitely attend to them all. Happy New year guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Which European Country Can I Travel To With 3m? / The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.