Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) (81036 Views)

Ado Ekiti Is Underrated / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by jackson44(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06
Gatess:
Sorry guys for the long silence here. So many things happened but am fully back. So for those with questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to drop it here and I will definitely attend to them all. Happy New year guys

Can you help or link me with a reputable logistic company , that ship goods from china to republic of Benin?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Peledonomy: 9:31am On Jan 07
Gatess:
Sorry guys for the long silence here. So many things happened but am fully back. So for those with questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to drop it here and I will definitely attend to them all. Happy New year guys

How far teaching jobs here
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 4:53pm On Jan 08
Peledonomy:

How far teaching jobs here

Teaching jobs pays better here compare to what I know in naija and it depends on what you teach too. Home lessons here pays well too. A smart teacher will surely cash out at Benin republic
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 4:57pm On Jan 08
jackson44:

Can you help or link me with a reputable logistic company , that ship goods from china to republic of Benin?

I used to have one of that contacts until I lost my phone but I can check my conversation with someone on fb. Their prices are good. Going their axis to get back the number is my major challenge. Sorry about that but will check if I will see it
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 5:09pm On Jan 08
[quote author=Nas1 post=127233300]Op, please how is fuel business still going over there?, I mean I want to be buying fuel from Nigeria and sell on the street as they use to do there on norms, hope it's still allowed and I think those stupid customs will not be disturbing again since subsidy has been removed
I'm just thinking of taking advantage of the little difference in our currency to make myself money small small maybe I can make it from there cos this Nigeria do not favour me at all

Sorry this s coming a little bit late. Fuel biz is a dangerous biz but it pays. don't need to be buying it yourself. It's gonna be stressful. There are a lot of suppliers available and u can make up to 1k cefa after selling each gallon of 25litres. And u can sell up to 4 or more per day. It's fast selling and your location matters too
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 5:13pm On Jan 08
Bossbaby01:
Pls how much is a bag of orange there. Because I supply pls can I have ur watsapp number plsssssss

Orange is very cheap here so I don't think it will be a good business here.

Anyway here is my new WhatsApp contact +229 54213118
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 5:22pm On Jan 08
MrNovo:

N1000 = 490 CFA

Fluctuate though but those changing 490 are wicked. It fluctuates between 500-530 for #1000
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by jackson44(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08
Gatess:

I used to have one of that contacts until I lost my phone but I can check my conversation with someone on fb. Their prices are good. Going their axis to get back the number is my major challenge. Sorry about that but will check if I will see it

I will really appreciate this kind gesture sire. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Whitedove007: 7:35am On Jan 11
Please how can I open a bank account in UBA, buy a SIM card, and open a mobile wallet over there, without resident permit or passport?
Thanks.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by blackboifab: 5:49pm On Jan 11
room and palour self com is how much per month in cfa
And what about a single room self contained
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Cuteboi98(m): 8:39pm On Jan 11
@Gatess... thanks for the update so far,
Please i would like to ask if Benin Rep. Is a good place for a tailor (specialized on Suits and other Formal wears).. and how easy can one establish his business there (necessary documentation and cost implications) ?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:31pm On Jan 13
Whitedove007:
Please how can I open a bank account in UBA, buy a SIM card, and open a mobile wallet over there, without resident permit or passport?
Thanks.

Not possible from the best of my knowledge, it's not possible. U need some documents which may cost u some cash
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:35pm On Jan 13
blackboifab:
room and palour self com is how much per month in cfa
And what about a single room self contained

Depend on the area. The cheapest single self contain is 15k and some u can get for 20k or25k while a room and parlor goes between 25k to 40k depend on the area
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:39pm On Jan 13
Cuteboi98:
@Gatess... thanks for the update so far,
Please i would like to ask if Benin Rep. Is a good place for a tailor (specialized on Suits and other Formal wears).. and how easy can one establish his business there (necessary documentation and cost implications) ?

Sincerely if your main focus is on suits and cooperate wears, Cotonou main town should be your utmost consideration and that makes u have high budget. Tailoring work is lucrative and getting the right documentations to enable u function properly isn't wat I will discuss here for now... That doesn't mean u can't operate at all but....
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Whitedove007: 12:22pm On Jan 14
So, like how much will it cost me to get their national ID for this purpose?

Gatess:

Not possible from the best of my knowledge, it's not possible. U need some documents which may cost u some cash
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by blackboifab: 4:52pm On Jan 16
25k cfa is how much to naira
Give me the exchange rate and also cost of light and internet for a month
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by blackboifab: 5:06pm On Jan 16
Gatess:

Depend on the area. The cheapest single self contain is 15k and some u can get for 20k or25k while a room and parlor goes between 25k to 40k depend on the area
40k cfa is like 80knaira
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by blackboifab: 5:08pm On Jan 16
Gatess:

40k cfa is like 80knaira sorry if am wrong but I need clarification cos i think 1000naira= 500cfa
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Whitedove007: 6:05am On Jan 18
What is the current exchange rate now? And can you link me up with any good exchanger over there?

Or can I walk into a bank in Benin Republic to do Naira to XOF exchange?

Gatess:

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 3:32pm On Jan 20
Whitedove007:
What is the current exchange rate now? And can you link me up with any good exchanger over there?

Or can I walk into a bank in Benin Republic to do Naira to XOF exchange?

U can't do that in a bank and it's #1000 to 500 cefa when I changed last 4
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 3:32pm On Jan 20
blackboifab:
40k cfa is like 80knaira sorry if am wrong but I need clarification cos i think 1000naira= 500cfa

Yes sir
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 3:34pm On Jan 20
blackboifab:
25k cfa is how much to naira
Give me the exchange rate and also cost of light and internet for a month

Internet is quite expensive here. Unlimited u can get for 15500 cefa and light it's based on usage.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Whitedove007: 6:04pm On Jan 20
Okay thanks. Pls how much is transport from idiroko border to port novo?

And Please, what is the difference between the Idiroko border and the Owode border?

Gatess:

U can't do that in a bank and it's #1000 to 500 cefa when I changed last 4
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by badoutyn(m): 10:55am On Jan 24
Please what about Job opportunity compare to Nigeria, because the way things are going here in Nigeria,is better to find alternative.

Gatess:

Orange is very cheap here so I don't think it will be a good business here.

Anyway here is my new WhatsApp contact +229 54213118
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by iamclime(m): 10:54pm On Jan 24
pland:
I agree with virtually all the things you said about Benin Republic. I've been leaving and working here in Benin Republic for close to ten years now, and can say without mincing words that indeed Benin Republic, though a small country in terms of human population, is way ahead of my country, Nigeria, in the areas of constant and steady electricity supply, good roads, relative peace and security, law and order. And because the economic activities of Benin Republic is to a large extent dependant on the goods that comes from Nigeria, certain things are relatively expensive, e.g. transport fares, electronics, etc. To make matter even worse is the Naira depreciation against Fcfa for close to two years now. At the moment, the West African French currency, the Fcfa, has higher value than the Naira.

I believe with good leadership, Nigeria can indeed be a positive bellwether for the rest of African countries.

As an academic, one area that has seen much improvement over the years in Benin Republic is the higher institutions, especially, the University sector. When I first got into this country about ten years ago, I realized that the University sector, particularly, those being managed by Nigerians and a few Beninese who understands or speaks english language, was in need of some sort of professional and ethical facelift.
Hitherto, a couple of universities were unprofessional and unscrupulous in their academic activities; by the way, it's also synonymous to universities and other institutions of learning in Nigeria. But some of us stood up and fought against such abuse. And today, even though much still need to be done, a whole lot of sanity has been achieved due to government's intervention. To back this testimony, as a professional and principled person that I'm, I make bold to say that some of my students who graduated with degree certificates from Republic of Benin are working in CBN, DSS, NA, etc.; some have gone ahead to further their studies in Masters degree programs in some European countries with the B.Sc. degree certificates obtained from some credible universities in Benin Republic.

Although it is always tough to convince people that something good can come out of this so called smaller countries, I'm glad that some people seized the opportunity and dare to explore, today they are happy they did.

Take note; these so called "small countries" has made many Nigerians wealthy today. And it has also enabled lots of young "serious" Nigerians to achieve their educational dreams without experiencing any form of academic strike, cultism, insecurity or delay of admission due to JAMB frustration.

The much talk about "mushroom universities" in Benin Republic by some people in the past, is nothing worst than what is also tenable in Nigeria or in any other country. Alas, no country is immuned from having case(s) of unscrupulous institutions, the only thing is that the degree and hype may defer from one country to other.
So long as the degree program being pursue is accredited and the university is legitimate, irrespective of the country of study, small or big country, what matters most is for the individual in search of the degree certificate to be committed, serious and diligent with his or her studies. In the end, it's the stuff you're made of that will speak for you in the labour market, not the country.

Come to BENIN Republic for your University admission placement without JAMB. Mobilization for NYSC is guaranteed; very affordable fees, and instalments payment is allowed.
Graduation takes place just after 3 years of studies in Social Sciences, Arts and Management courses.
No academic disruption, and no strike all through study years.

You can apply for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
Apply for direct entry for a shorter duration of program with ND, NCE, IJMB or JUPEB result.
HND conversion program is available.

WhatsApp/Call: +229-9054-7568

I may contact you soon. I'm interested in the Benin academic system, as a matter of professional interest.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Mazifx: 2:54pm On Jan 25
Please how good is an Igbo/Nigeria restaurant business there?What's the cost of establishing a restaurant there?@Gates
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by tochez240: 12:27pm On Jan 26
Starboytwo:
How many people are in bene republic again?

If Nigeria was just like eg Ebonyi, small, maybe 5 million people, it will be very easy to govern.

Don’t be comparing 5million people to 250 million people. Over 300 ethnic groups. Over 500 languages. Oboy, incomparable.

You're just a slowpoke⚠️

Is Nigeria more populated than china,india or even Russia🙄

Yet these countries are world powers i tell you, even competing with America in all ramifications of life.

Our population is no excuse oga, we just have zombies in Nigeria with few human beings💯

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Starboytwo(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26
tochez240:

You're just a slowpoke⚠️

Is Nigeria more populated than china,india or even Russia🙄

Yet these countries are world powers i tell you, even competing with America in all ramifications of life.

Our population is no excuse oga, we just have zombies in Nigeria with few human beings💯
will something happen to you if you air ur opinion without abusing me??

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by ibinaboonline: 1:15pm On Jan 26
I know this is an old post but I still want to ask this question. I'm confused. I thought they say electronics like phones are cheap in Cotonou. So, how come it's now cheaper to buy them in Nigeria than Cotonou? I also heard that cars are cheaper in Cotonou. I'm talking about used electronics and used cars.
Zaksart:
There's so much opportunities in Benin republic and I'll be talking about one today. While growing up we understand that Cotonou is the harbor of good used cars, I even have some friends that got there own cars back then from there.

But one thing a lot of us doesn't know is that Benin republic has room for sales of electronics gadgets and appliance. You see Benin republic, Togo and Ghana is a place you can sell electronics at double or almost double the price you bought your electronics.

But today I'll be focusing on phone sales... This info is coming from an experience electronics and phone repairs engineer. Do you know that
used iphone6 that's been sold here at 35/40k goes for as much as 70/75k in Benin, Togo or Ghana... I even overhead a colleague telling me same old iphone6 goes for 100k in Ghana.

Last year I sold used uk iphone6 for 85k Cefa... That was even when naira has a lil bit of value, but now as you all must have heard Cefa is now superior than Naira in the black market.

I get my used phones or laptop directly from warehouse in Lagos immediately the goods are been offloaded and go to Benin republic to make sells... I am bringing this information here because I'll need a partner that's interested in investing and who's interested so in learning how or where to buy and sale too.

I have invested a lot in yam farming at the beginning of the year and currently short of cash, so for those of you interested in investing please buzz me on WhatsApp at +2349050380553 let's make some good cash.

As I am preparing to enter Benin for business this march... Buzz me let's share profits. Thanks.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Avoce17: 6:04pm On Feb 05
Any Nigerian citizens that wants to relocate in benin republic cotonou

Or need to do any business in cotonou benin republic

Everything you need or want like stay in the country or do the business would be secure provide in safety by mr Avoce

Just contact us through this number on Whatsapp +22990482317
By contacting mr Avoce you writes your name and then the reason you're chatting us so we will get in touch with you
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 11:56pm On Feb 16
Good day guys, I am thinking we create a WhatsApp group for those who are interested in relocating or doing business in Benin republic and some nearby African countries. Where we can get your questions answered not just by me but by some other experienced people. Meanwhile be careful before involving yourself with people. We may sound nice when talking but our hearts may not be so.
If you interested with the WhatsApp link, join via this WhatsApp link: https:///EbXnOIjD9kOFdJEsRwwLiG
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by RoadTraveller: 8:25am On Feb 17
Gatess:
Good day guys, I am thinking we create a WhatsApp group for those who are interested in relocating or doing business in Benin republic and some nearby African countries. Where we can get your questions answered not just by me but by some other experienced people. Meanwhile be careful before involving yourself with people. We may sound nice when talking but our hearts may not be so.
If you interested with the WhatsApp link, join via this WhatsApp link: https:///EbXnOIjD9kOFdJEsRwwLiG

Whatsapp link not working

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Which European Country Can I Travel To With 3m? / The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / 2 Corpers Die In Road Accident Along Ajeokuta-Lokoja Expressway (Disturbing Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.