Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,283 members, 7,839,389 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election (45193 Views)

Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest / Did Lai Mohammed Say Adeboye, Kumuyi Will Be Prosecuted For Defying Twitter? / Nigerians Demand Arrest Of Agbazuere, Sacked Abia COS. Police Keep Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Felabrity: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
maasoap:

Their choice is Peter Obi after you claimed that they remain neutral grin grin grin
You guys should employ common sense when making comments now.
learn to comprehend, use your head
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by farem: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
Manna5050:
Daddy freeze was attacked by these pastors when he told us what tithe is all about, Kumuyi and Adeboye are not supposed to keep quiet when the Church of God is under attack, Jesus Christ never kept quiet, he went to the synagogue to destroy those using his Church for business.

Who are "these pastors", to start with?
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Ken4Christ: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
It's difficult to speak against a government you have visited in Aso Rock. We all know the aftermath of such visits.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Yves4real(f): 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
Aside from the aforementioned, who did the Catholic Bishop of Nigeria openly endorse? At least, the Catholic Church has the largest congregation in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Wealthyonos(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Audio votes my friend.....go rest owner done lose, common logo owner nor get , grassroots owner nor day...how u won take win

You nor reason wetin you dey talk at all. Anybody wey win go rule me and you. Which of the candidates know say me and you dey exist? If we make good/bad choice tomorrow, na all of us go enjoy/suffer am. Nothing like 'una don lose' you hear?😂😂 grin
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
skukimania:

Remi Tinubu is a Deaconess in RCCG.

Why did they close the political section of the church dey just open before the primary? They taught Osibanjo will be picked since Buhari was finishing as a Muslim and Tinubu is a Muslim.

They never recover from the shock till now

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by aydelicious: 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
searchservice:
okay noted

for your web design Whatsapp: 081-2027-3305
Ok
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by placeofallure(f): 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
Clevite:
These people called Obidients are more touchy and aggressive now that the fate of Peter Obi their candidate is getting closer to be determined at the poll. They seem to have seen defeat staring them in the face. Now they are looking for just anyone to transfer their aggressions to. They see any pastor that does not join the craze of pulpits endorsements they have been vigorously seeking for Peter Obi as enemies. They are just going for any Pastors that cross their mind to cancel them out.

I don't like to speak against men of God, just because I rever the name of God that they're called with, but that is how one nonsense alleged pastor from Ghana o, not Naija, was talking rubbish and asking people to vote for Obi. What does he know about us here? Who's he to determine who to support and who not to support?

Religious bodies, traditional institutions (Obas, Chiefs, Emirs) and the rest of them are supposed to be apolitical. You don't show your preference in the public. I don't see anything wrong in what those clergymen have done. They did right by coming mum.

As for the Obi people, to cry and wail no dey tire them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by emonis88: 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
These one r afraid to endorse PO so that APC il not lockup their churches in Lagos, which is where they ve more congregation n so u should know what I mean.😎😎😎😎😎😁😁😁😁😁
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Alive2018: 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
Knowing human nature or heart of someone that is not born again. How can the church leader be silent and allow another evil heart/unregenerated heart to get elected and cause the church trouble again. Shocking to me.
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Ayiba0911: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2023
This stupid post would've made me withhold my vote had I made it to Nigeria. What a STUPID thing to say, are you kidding me? If you are been spoon fed to make decisions, do you think everyone is like you?
The youngest child in Kumuyi's Deeper Life knows what to do, and rightly do so. What do you think he has been teaching his congregation all these years? I have personally come across many Deeper Life students standing against exam malpractice, to tell you that they're morally sound more than you do. And you calling out someone who is older than your grandfather because he didn't tell you who to vote.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Encyclopedia1: 12:36am On Feb 25, 2023
Dem de see anything b4? Make dem talk this one wey look tight make dem miss Abi. Ohun won ti ha.
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by MrColdsweat: 12:53am On Feb 25, 2023
Validated:
Adeboye is busy releasing music
Adefarasin is speaking in parables
Olukoya is in his prayer room destroying demons stealing people's money

Whereas Islamic clerics are pushing for Islamic state Tomorrow, they will ask us to pray that God give Nigeria good leaders.

All na TRIBAL HYPOCRITES!

Do you blame the pastors or do you blame the foolish nigerians who believe prayers can solve economic problems?
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by IGBOSON1: 4:21am On Feb 25, 2023
livinbygrace:

Are they the only pastors in Nigeria and Which candidate Lazarus Mouka,Mike Okonkwo,Oritshejafor,Idahosa endorsed?
You guys will just come online and be spewing nonsense all because you have access to computer.
You better change your ways for you to do well in life.

Dude, read the topic of the thread.....that's what i was responding to. You can as well create a thread asking why the people you mentioned haven't endorsed anyone!

I feel the Nigerian Christian clergy are generally docile and quick to accept watery explanations for all the injustice their flock face in Nigeria! That being said, i also feel there's more emphasis on Yoruba Daddy GOs than their Igbo or Itshekiri counterparts because of the potential for them to shape political opinion amongst the Yoruba Christian electorate. It's their kinsman that presented a muslim-muslim presidential ticket....and it's also their kinsman that's running for office when the Yoruba have already had a go and ordinarily should be thinking of throwing their weight (like Afenifere hvae done) behind the candidate from the other major ethnic group in the south who's yet to produce a president/head-of-state for Nigeria for more than half a century.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by NaijaEcash(m): 9:11am On Feb 25, 2023
Ignorance is a very terrible thing. How do you expect a man with many children to fragment his family by taking side with one against the others? It makes no spiritual sense for a Pastor to endorse any political candidate. 100% of your congregation cannot agree with the ideology of a particular political party. So it is best to allow each member vote according to their conscience. This does not only apply to Pastors it applies to every leader. Allow your followers vote their conscience don't force them to vote your choice. That will negate the idea of democracy! You don't have to agree with me, but this is my response to OP. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2023
Obakoolex:
Christianity is different from Islam. We xtian are free to choose for ourselves just like you have to use your mouth to confess that you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour before you become born again.
But in Islam their imam is a small god that can tell his followers to do whatever and they must obey, sorry to say that's why we have terrorism more in Islam than other religions.

Now in a church congregation, we have people with different opinions about each candidate, so you don't expect the pastor to tell you whom to vote, he can only stylishly tell you who he's voting with tangible reasons, that's what a geniue MOG should do.

But in 2015 RCGG openly campaigned for APC. Was it because of osibanjo or what has changed ?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Obakoolex(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

But in 2015 RCGG openly campaigned for APC. Was it because of osibanjo or what has changed ?
Bring out proof that the leadership of RCCG especially pastor Adeboye where he openly campaigned for APC.
Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by Houseontherock1: 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2023
Are they expected to tell you who to vote for like a flock. I don't even expect my pastor to as much as suggest who I vote for

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election by XAUBulls: 8:24am On Feb 26, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Nnamdi Kanu Made INEC, Cabal, Buhari, Postpone Presidential Election - IPOB / We Know Those Who Burnt Igboho's House — Media Aide / Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.