Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest (58926 Views)

'We Flogged Them', Governor Ahmadu Fintiri Says As He Congratulates Atiku (Vid) / Atiku Welcomes Wike Camp's Peace Overtures / Wike Congratulates Atiku, Walks Out Of Venue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Lanrelagboi: 12:09am On May 29, 2022
National Leader of All Progressives Congress and frontline presidential aspirant, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has congratulated former Vice President Atiku Abubakar for emerging as the flag bearer of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, following the primary conducted at the Moshood Abiola Stadium in Abuja on Saturday.

Tinubu commended Atiku for his patriotism and commitment to Nigeria's progress.

Tinubu also congratulated the other contestants for the orderly and peaceful way they conducted themselves and for pledging to rally round the winner, in the true spirit of democratic sportsmanship.

He expected the former Vice-president , who was also the 2019 presidential candidate of the PDP, to be his worthy opponent, by the Grace of God and the support of APC delegates, in the coming 2023 President election.

The APC National Leader said Atiku’s victory didn't come as a surprise to Nigerians because of his vast experience as a statesman and veteran of many presidential contests from 1993.

While welcoming the PDP candidate to the race, Tinubu added that the coming election should be about issues that will improve the quality of life of Nigerians; bring peace, progress, political stability and solve myriad of sociopolitical challenges and insecurity currently facing the country.

"I welcome the victory of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the just concluded primary. I look forward to squaring up with him as a worthy opponent in the coming election. I have known the former Vice President as a formidable politician and a patriot who believes in the unity and progress of our dear country.

“ As we move further into the election season, I charge the PDP presidential candidate and all political actors across Party lines that we should make this election season one that is devoid of bitterness, rancour and strife.

“We should make our campaigns peaceful and issue based. Election season should be a festival of ideas that will uplift our country and improve the living condition of all our people.

“Unfortunately for the PDP, its candidate will be burdened to explain why Nigerians should give it another opportunity, after squandering 16 years at the central government, without much to show”.

“Nigerians are yet to forget the national ruin and mismanagement of our country for 16 years by successive PDP administration and this bad memory will dog the campaign of the PDP Candidate”

“ Nevertheless, I once again congratulate our former Vice President for his victory in his party's primary.

Bayo Onanuga
Director, Media & Communication
Tinubu Campaign Organisation

https://lagostoday.com.ng/tinubu-congratulates-atiku-welcomes-former-vice-president-to-presidential-contest/

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by BowlingTall: 12:10am On May 29, 2022
Asiwaju, the Lion of Bourdillon , Jah bless the leader.

230 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by GoldCircle: 12:10am On May 29, 2022
Nonsense statement! See the lightning speed with which he issued his congratulatory message. I know his tactics, he’s trying play a smart one in case he doesn’t get the ticket in his party so he can use the same strategy he used with GEJ in 2011.

308 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Mynd44: 12:10am On May 29, 2022
See mind game ooo

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by hisexcellency34: 12:10am On May 29, 2022
Can Tinubu defeat Atiku in a presidential election?

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by DitariDisciple2: 12:11am On May 29, 2022
Tinubu is not contesting.
Its Atiku and GEJ.

196 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by aidameoryou: 12:12am On May 29, 2022
live CC anyone?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Sunofgod(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2022
Fulani vs ?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by islandsscotch8: 12:12am On May 29, 2022
Tinubu omo olodo ide . This is almost the 1000th thread opened about him on Nairaland this year alone. The only governor that consistently challenged the federal powers in his era as governor. The man who took the FG to court and made sure he created LCDAs to make government closer to people which is what many states copied now. A forward thinker

305 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Karlovych: 12:12am On May 29, 2022
embarassed Isn't it surprising that Atiku at 75 looks healthier than the cocaine gobbler at 70. It will never be well with all those supporting the sick vegetable and looking to vote for him

#Back to Iragbiji

158 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by RagaMufeen(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2022
ode
Nothing for your opolo eyes

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by PrincessofDSS(f): 12:12am On May 29, 2022
Tinubu right now grin grin grin grin grin I can understand the mind games tho….

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by FreeIgboho: 12:12am On May 29, 2022
The Tinubu himself!
Thief congratulating thief! grin

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by helinues: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Good friends

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Foreigna2: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
Tinubu is not contesting.
Its Atiku and GEJ.

Your Papa na delegate for APC?

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by phransix2: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Taaah get out

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by adolfHitler1934: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
You are releasing staments and congratulatory messages when you're not even sure if you'll emerge as APC candidate.
This your life ambition would lead you somewhere that may not bring you back if care is not taken. The desperation of this man is way too much.

North will be the last people to give Tinubu that ticket. Mark my words just like when I said it here months back that Atiku will win the PDP presidential ticket, Tinubu will loose this election and would move to another party...

Time, I mean few days from now Nigerians would decide whether to allow Tinubu, a sick old man or a more vibrant man to be president.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by DamianX: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
EE go shock brown teeth drug baron

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by foryourmind: 12:13am On May 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Throwback: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
The 2 candidates that this election have mostly been about.

Let's see what the outcome will be.

305 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Foreigna2: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
phransix2:
Taaah get out

No dey cry

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by sogodihno: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Tinubu the incoming president.

Me, my family and my community shall vote for you.

God bless the leader.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by ken6488(m): 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Mopolchi: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
As in

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Winters23: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
At this point I have no choice but to say Tinubu or GEJ is APC's best shot

Atiku is a mysterious character, like the proverbial cat with 9 lives, he never goes away!

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by DrAkpa(m): 12:13am On May 29, 2022
The Rat of bourdillon cunningly positioning himself for Atiku's government in 2023. grin grin

Afonjas are truly sophristicated

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by MrRhymes101(m): 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Birds of a feather

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Venerable612(m): 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Recycling the same old. I am scared for the future of our dear Country.

10 years ago, it would have been unimaginable to think that Exchange rate would be 600 Naira to 1 dollar

But here we re today. Atiku and Tinubu are part of the same system that brought the country into disrepute.

And of course we all know the solution to this mess. Separation/Restructuring/Self-determination of each region.

It’s unfortunate that neither Tinubu nor Atiku can bring this to reality.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by lathrowinger: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Shout out to our next president

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

BAT 2023

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by helinues: 12:13am On May 29, 2022
Mynd44:
See mind game ooo

They are good friends now

Was it not Tinubu that invited Atiku to Apc briefly?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by Foreigna2: 12:14am On May 29, 2022
FreeIgboho:
The Tinubu himself!

The UGM Casualty himself

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest by b3llo(m): 12:14am On May 29, 2022
Good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari & Zahra Ado Start Pre-Wedding Activities With Polo Tournament / Goodluck Jonathan Founded Niger-Delta Avengers – Ex-Militants' Leader, Akpodoro / Osun State Is Paying Full 18,000 Wage, But Anambra Can Not Pay Full 18,000 Wage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.