Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable (15049 Views)

PDP Zoning Battle Escalates: Wike, Emmanuel, Anyim Confront Atiku, Tambuwal / Buhari's Picture Doctored To Add Face Masks To Deceive Nigerians / 2019 Election: Presidency Reacts To Alleged Viral Audio Of Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Kwanza: 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
An audio of Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), plotting to rig the general election that is hours away has gone viral.

In the said recording, Ifeanyi Okowa, vice-presidential candidate of the PDP, and Aminu Tambuwal, governor of Sokoto and director-general of the party’s presidential campaign council, could also be heard.

“I think we should interface and not create suspicion,” Okowa allegedly said in the recording.

Then Tambuwal reportedly responded, saying: “Waziri Adamawa, I would not want to disappoint you and for me to accept to go into this, let us strategize and discuss the arrangements and how it can be achieved.”

On his part, Abubakar purportedly said: “Tambuwal, that is why we are meeting. Let us sit down and find any technology that will be used to make sure I emerge.”

The audio has since been shared on all social media platforms notably Twitter and WhatsApp.

Thousands of people appeared to have heard the recording going by view count on tweets shared by supporters of other political parties.

HOW AUTHENTIC IS THE RECORDING?

Checks by TheCable have found the recording to be deepfake.

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines deepfake as: “An image or recording that has been convincingly altered and manipulated to misrepresent someone as doing or saying something that was not actually done or said.”

It was found that clips from previously recorded speeches were cut and joined to create the recording of the said conversation.

Apart from the fact that the conversation was incoherent, the word “rig” mentioned in the audio was not the voice of any of the subjects in the audio that was dotted with unusual pauses and background noise differences.

Analyzing the audio with Deepware, an open-source investigation tool, we detected that the audio was been doctored, hence it is fake.

Further checks on the circulating audio revealed that it has been manipulated by over 90 percent.

VERDICT
The trending audio is fake. Various unrelated audio clips containing the voices of the main actors have been edited to mislead members of the public.

9 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
You de mind tulupoo urchins, fighting like mad man like their shaky shaky druggie master instructed to do

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by socialmediaman: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by AtikuOkowa: 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
Excellent one from the smart people

But is it to convince Obi supporters? They have locked and fixed mind. Nothing enter,nothing exit. So it is of no use. They nothing,yes nothing.

Is it to convince Druggies? These ones have heads,but dead heart. They are braindead,though they are rigid,they tend to shift goal.

Is it to fellow intelligent Nigerians? We know,we need not explaination...but we are ready to learn. So it is very important.

Deepfake is new word to my vocabulary.

12 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by seunlayi(m): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
We knew it was fake. Owo Tinubu, ẹsẹ Setima

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by AtikuOkowa: 3:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
ALCOHOLKILLS:
You de mind tulupoo urchins, fighting like mad man like their shaky shaky druggie master instructed to do

Alcohol kills,but they do not hear.

Their brains are dead

3 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by HenryThegreat1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
Very fake audio

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by WibusJaga: 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2023

Yes mentioning names in the audio sounded out of place,
But the best way to convince Nigerians that AI technology produced perfect voice matches of Atiku, Okowa & Tambuwal would be to also produce a similar perfect audio match of say Tinubu & Obi discussing.

Else, most Nigerians out there will remain convinced that the audio conversation was truly that of Atiku, Okowa & Tambuwal. cool

9 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Jostoman: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lagos Landlord poeple want to finish Atiku with fake news and propaganda, this is what they know how to do best

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Wawelexy(m): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
Just know that any news they are trying to fact check by all means are TRUE... Nigerians are wiser now....

Background noise in that clip was the same from beginning to end, and if the clips was cut and join as you claim, the interception from tambuwal's voice when okowa was still talking would have given them out, there's no editor worldwide that can blend a voice interception along side an ongoing speech without a cut or ditch, I know what I'm saying.... And for for their names that was being called, what do you expect in an official or formal meeting of high caliber like that, you don't expect them to address themselves informally. If most companies, whether big or small can keep it formal in a mere conference meeting, how much more that of a high-end critically desperate brainstorming of how an intending presidential aspirant would by all means rig and win an upcoming election?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by HardMirror(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
You dont even need to use software to verify. In the audio, they kept calling each other by their full names as if to help the listeners identify who is talking. Tambuwal calls atiku "your excellency" and not just call him by full name as if he is giving public address.

6 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Nbote(m): 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
There's no length this useless APC and it's agents won't go to discredit other candidates. They claim they are in the lead and the team to beat but yet na so them dey hyperventilate over other candidates
CoronaVirusRelo:
Atiku’s campaign team is trying to capitalize on status quo to get cheap publicity!

People don’t. Are of its true or not! What’s most important is that, Atiku’s defeat was already guaranteed before the fabrication

U no get shame?? See as spit jus dey comot from your mouth. There's no length u ppl aren't going to to sell propaganda and discredit other candidates

3 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by opalu: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hahaha
Both of them will stop each other so that Obi can win

2 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by DesChyko: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
It's no longer VOTE WISELY.

Some people's wisdom resulted in the past 8 years.

It's VOTE PETER OBI - BABA AHMED DATTI 2023.

6 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by MartinCorridon: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
grin

It's an Okoro behind it.

They are notorious for using hausa names and fake pictures to register on BBC Hausa.

Joblessness abounds in the region.

5 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by MrFreebies: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
shocked shocked

Time will tell!

I need 5 old inactive fiverr seller accounts.

Send me a message through my signature.
Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
Atiku’s campaign team is trying to capitalize on status quo to get cheap publicity!

People don’t.m care if its true or not! What’s most important is that, Atiku’s defeat was already guaranteed before the fabrication .

Whether it’s true or not, defeat is imminent

4 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Frayoworld(m): 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
This afternoon I was asking one my customers who z actually from Kastina who he be voting for in the presidential election tomorrow n he said fitter Obi (Peter Obi). I asked him y? And he said that both Atiku, Tinubu n Buhari are dsame. He went ahead to tell me how terrorist killed his family n loved ones numbering over one hundred person's in one day. I was eager to hear wat d government did concerning d ugly incident knowing fully well dat our President z from dat part of the country n young man tearfully said nothing was done. Dat Buhari and d governor did as if nothing happened. He sounded so angrily, l felt d emotion in his voice n body language. I managed to control my tears.
My advice z u dat want to vote for dat candidate of ur choice, z to think twice. Dat person (s) you want to vote for z he or she directly or indirectly involved in what d masses av been going through in this past 8yrs? Den consider how ur decision tomorrow at d polling unit will/may affect the future!!!
VOTE, NO VIOLENCE.
GOD BLESS YOU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by tsephanyah(f): 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
Urchins
Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
angry

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Hollyharjii: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
For every rumour, there's always an atom of truth, anyways that's none of my biz

On Obi Mandate I stand gidigba

2 Likes

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by thisisit: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
FACT CHECK IS FAKE

THE $500, 0000 USD ATIKU GAVE HON. CHIYERE OF RIVERS STATE, TO BRIBE INEC & CO, CORROBORATES THE AUDIO

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Dialpad: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
Audio is 100% real, they were busted last minute

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by FactBoyz: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
angry
Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by seguno2: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
ALCOHOLKILLS:

The drug dealer is too desperate to continue APC’s failure for no reason.

Kingsmeal:
The campaign spokesman said the candidate incidentally shared an address with notorious cocaine dealers in the 1990s.

Festus Keyamo, chief spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign council, has said Bola Tinubu, the party’s flag bearer, only shared a “block of flats” with notorious cocaine dealers in Chicago, pushing back after the release of court documents that suggested Mr Tinubu’s ties to illicit drug business and money laundering in the United States.

“What happened was that Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) went to open an account. The address which he used in opening the account was the address used by these people…(sic). I think some blocks of flats. Maybe, he happened to be in that block of flats too.

“So, they now link it that the other people they were investigating for narcotics are in the same address used by Asiwaju to open that account,” Mr Keyamo said on Wednesday on Channels Television programme to exonerate the former Lagos governor from the fresh controversies that had been trailing his involvement in drug peddling.

Peoples Gazette on Tuesday published certified copies of the 1993 case as recently released by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

The documents confirmed that the U.S. government had in July 1993 sought forfeiture of proceeds of narcotics Mr Tinubu was accused of laundering. The matter was resolved in a compromise between the Tinubus and the U.S. authorities, with the Tinubus being asked to keep the money in the Heritage Bank account while the $460,000 in the Citibank account was forfeited.

A federal judge subsequently dismissed the matter with prejudice on September 21, 1993, which effectively foreclosed the matter from being litigated again by all parties. It, however, remained unclear whether or not Nigerian authorities could still bring charges against Mr Tinubu over the same case in Nigerian courts.

https://gazettengr.com/tinubu-mistakenly-shared-flats-with-drug-lords-in-chicago-festus-keyamo%ef%bf%bc-2/
Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
Are you sure?
Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by Tribal: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
If you are not a Flani, then you are most likely to be an Ancestral Indigenous Nigerian. I want you, I and all of us that our Great Grand Fathers are Original Owners of Nigeria to ask ourselves one Question especially if you are supporting Wantiku: "Are you sure you are not under Fulani Witchcraft Bewitchment?!" Yes, I heard their Witchcraft Spell is very wicked and with what you saw them doing to your People and all indigenous Nigerians for the past 8 Years, why on Earth are you still frantically handing over your Neck to them when you know Cutting off your Heads to take over your FatherLands is their number 1 Priority.

The way some brainless Southerners are celebrating Buhari that is fiercely trying to frustrate emergence of Southerner as President is so laughable. How you blind yourself to see that he is trying his best to clear the way for Wantiku the most Corrupt of them all just because he is Flanis is bewildering.

Sincerely, I still don't understand how the Invaders manage to manipulate Southerners against Southerners even as their Secret Plan to Eternally Enslave has become so open and yet so audacious. Obi(very unlikely that they will swear him in even if he wins) or Tinubu MUST be next President of Nigeria. Anything other than that would mean that the Flanis are too desperate to force Wantiku on Nigerians. And just as Pa Adebanjo said, it would surely mean a Total End of the Entity called Nigeria. Indigenous Nigerians would Never submit their necks for another 8 Years of their Satanic Plan.

The 5 Couragous Southern Governors have been among the 5 most Brave and Wise Southern Leaders. They are only being shocked to see some incorrigibly myopic Southerners supporting Python that has Concluded to Consume them instead of the realistic Southerner for Presidency

Buhari's Betrayal of Tinubu has helped we Christians and all indigenous Nigerians to know that their Satanic Plan is that RUGA-Enforcement and large Scale Owo incident would soon be Resumed and activated back after February 25th if we are foolish enough to Suicidally vote in their Candidate. God can choose to use anybody for us! Self-destructive myopic Hate for Tinubu may still make some not to Thank God for Positioning him as the realistic Escape Route for that brutal Satanic Plan of our common Enemy.

Only self-deceiving ones still Pretend like they don't know that Fulanis are not Yorubas that Forgive easily. All intelligent Igbos knows that they can Never handover Power to Obi(January 15TH, 1966 is ever Fresh in memory). Only Yoruba President can do such just as the great Olusegun Obasanjo stylishly did by bringing Goodluck Azikwe Jonathan to Power. The TRUTH is that 80% of Real Southern Voters (Igbos, Yorubas, etc.) and most indigenous wise Northern Nigerians are all in full Support of Tinubu.

Good. But the 20% remaining should be helped to understand why Tinubu (not perfect at all, as "Nobody is Perfect!" Even you reading this now) is ALMIGHTY's Gift to save Original Indigenous Nigerians. If you know Tinubu very well, you will know that he is not a religious bigot and both Christians and Muslims shall be very free under him as President. He has chosen more Christians as Lagos Governors than Muslims, it is based on who can Perform and Develop Lagos more and not about Religion. That is a true Leader. Did you know that TINUBU PLAYED THE MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET TO SAVE ORIGINAL NIGERIANS? Diffusing and Dismantling the Wickedness planned to be unleashed by those that wanted to Enslave us on our FatherLand is Tinubu's number 1 Priority, and the Way he chose is the Only realistic Way to do it. Before you ague this, please read below first:

Let me unveil this: after long Political Brainstorming of the Great Political Genius and Miracle called Tinubu, he chose Shetima because he is a BokoHaram insider that knows how the Fulanis have moved Weapons into States and all the Forests of the Home Towns of Ancestral Owners of Nigerians.
Even though Shetima was initially a myopic Jihadist just like Afonja that Fulanis deceived, manipulated, and used to further their Satanic Aim of hijacking Nigeria Lands and Enslaving Original Nigerians, he later became Wise and realized that Fulanis Enslavement of even his very own Kanuri People(also Original Nigerians like Igbos and Yorubas) is the Primary aim of their establishing BokoHaram and ISWAP.

That they only disguised their Satanic Mission to use him and other Native Nigerians to slaughter their very own Brothers and Sisters till the whole land has been taken over. After which he Shetima and other original Nigerians used shall be brutally eliminated just as they did to Afonja and all his contemporary Hausa Traditional Leaders those days who helped them to Subdue their own Ancient Lands and People under the Fulanis.

Now as it stands after Tinubu (the Grand Commander of African Politics) has Wisely chose Shetima as VP, Shetima who has Massive loyal Original Ancestral Hausas in ISWAP and BokoHaram which Fulanis massively deployed in Nigerian Forests (without knowing that the Game would turn out against them as the Great Tinubu played it), has woken up his Mammoth Army to the Fulani Satanic Deception and Evil Agenda against Original Nigerians including his Kanuri People.

So, instead of them being used as puns to Suddenly pour out from Forests and massively kill Fellow Orginal Nigerians during this coming Election, he now as a Stakeholder in the Presidency has given Order to his fellow Massive Hausas in ISWAP and BokoHaram never to follow the Satanic Plan designed against his Fellow Orginal Nigerian Brothers and Sisters (Kanuris, Hausas, Yorubas, Igbos, Ijaws, Benin's, etc.)

With the above, we can all See the Unprecedented Wisdom which the GREAT CREATOR of Humanity gave to Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu to use to save all Original Nigerians and for Preservation of our Ancestral Home Lands. May HE give Tinubu Long Life as Nigerian President, more Wisdom and deeper Heart of Genuine Love for all Nigerians and to ensure Nigeria unitedly Fulfill her Glorious Destiny as the Pride of all Black People in the World!

*Before it becomes too late, Copy and Share everywhere on WhatsApp to wake up all Indigenous Nigerians!*
Written by OIANO: Organizaton of Indigenous Ancestral Nigeria Owners.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viral Audio Of Atiku, Tambuwal & Okowa Is Doctored - The Cable by jared007: 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
I don't think so. The issue is not the resemblance of their voices but the psychological emotion behind their voices.

These guys were into deep thoughts about winning the election. It didn't sound like they were acting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30 Suspected Boko-Haram Members Killed / Osoba: How Daniel, Amosun Traumatised Me For 16 Years / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From Saudi Arabia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.