Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Wike Became A Coward [my Story] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Wike Became A Coward [my Story] (344 Views)

How Wike Insisted Godfatherism Would Fail In Rivers State (Throwback) / Presidential Ticket: How Wike May Scuttle PDP Govs’ Ghana Deal / Umahi: How Wike Masterminded Court Judgement Sacking Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Wike Became A Coward [my Story] by Ekemini11: 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
The first time I saw Wike was in 2014. He came to my school RSUST to campaign.
Amaechi has just reduced to school fees for non-indegines to the same amount as indigenes (24,000).
When Wike visited, he told us point blank that he will reverse the school fees.
I was shocked; how can you say such a thing during a campaign?

As you may have thought, I didn't vote for him. My preferred candidate for Rivers governor was Tonye princewill, who was coincidentally competing under Labour Party then. Wike won.

Another incident happened that made me like Wike as a person, despite the fact that he increased our school fees.
It was a Townhall Meeting of some sort in 2016. Rivers state students were complaining about their busary. Amaechi use to pay them about 10k annually, but they haven't received any from Wike.

So in the Townhall, this guy (a student) stands up and asks Wike why he hasn't paid their busary.
Wike just shrugs. He asks the boy if his parents are civil servants. He says 'yes.'

Wike then ask him to choose between his father's salary or the 10k busary.
That was when I saw Wike's honesty. It was amazing seeing a politician being so honest.

But that has changed now. The once courageous man has become a weakling hiding behind shadows.
What changed one may ask. The answer is simple. Wike was bold to us at RSUST because that was the truth and he believed it. He was bold to the student about his busary, because it was the truth.
But Wile knows his support for a Muslim Muslim ticket goes against the truth he preaches. So he has lost that boldness.

In essence, the truth make you bold. While living a lie makes you a weakling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Wike Became A Coward [my Story] by OmoFiditi: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2023
True talk. He can't campaign openly for muslim-muslim ticket after declaring Rivers a Christian state. People are simply laughing at his confusion.

2 Likes

Re: How Wike Became A Coward [my Story] by Lifeangel(m): 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
Wike lost his vision and strength when he lost the primary to Atiku Abubakar.Of a truth,power should move to southern Nigeria but political alliance matters more the personal vision and goals in life. Wike has forgotten that he can't cow river people to vote against the will so as to protect his political career while others lost theirs.
I suppose Wike needs to read and study books on power and to remain relevant in the corridor of power.
Lastly,Wike should have consulted political experts and analysts on decision-making before creating cracks on the political power that spoon-fed him.
What will be his take if the man he is aligning with couldn't win this election? If his enemy desires to fight back after winning the election? He could have behave wise and smart like governor Seyi Makinde who tpld his people to vote for "the unity of Nigeria."

1 Like

Re: How Wike Became A Coward [my Story] by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Correct wike mistake tomorrow

1 Like

Re: How Wike Became A Coward [my Story] by YungMillionaire: 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
Because Wike does not support Obingo, he is now a liar? Kwantinue

(1) (Reply)

Here Is Who I Think Will Win The Presidential Elections; And Why – By Mideno / Nigerian Youth No Dull Your Self You Can Vote Even If You Did Collect Your PVC / Tinubu Urchins, Why This Act Of Cowardice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.