Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,987 members, 7,866,714 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:03 AM

Graveyard Headstone Memorial Costs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Graveyard Headstone Memorial Costs (343 Views)

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Commemorates 440 Women Killed By Their Husband 2018 / Most Expensive Toothpick In The World Costs N180k For Only One,but It’s 18k Gold / Drama At Graveyard, As Woman Undresses (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Graveyard Headstone Memorial Costs by jackaustin631: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
Help and advice needed with the cost of a churchyard memorials for my parents grave .

I have been looking locally at granite type headstones, and very taken aback by the cost of buying one ,the engraving, and erection.

Not much change out of £ 1000 for a decent engraved headstone as far as I can tell.

I have tried prices from two local ( Northumberland ) stone masons but their prices are very similar.

I lost both my parents in a space of year,which was stressful and traumatic enough. I am still shell shocked by the events.
However on top of I have had to deal with large legals bills due to no wills for Granite And Stone Memorials, nearly losing the house to pay for nursing home fees, big funeral expenses , and the over budgeted cost of renovating the family home that was left to me.

All of this has cleaned me out financially , and now I am trying to find money to give them a decent memorial at their last resting place together.

I feel depressed and embarrassed that I cannot find any more funds to get the headstone erected and close the last chapter of a nightmare time for me.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas about getting down the potentially large headstone bill ?
Saving money locally ?
Can you buy a headstone on the internet ?
have other people found themselves in a similar situation or have my circumstances compound the issue ?

Any help or advice welcomed.
Re: Graveyard Headstone Memorial Costs by Wealthyonos(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
Kai, I feel your pain. Pls take heart bro
Re: Graveyard Headstone Memorial Costs by Creamypie(m): 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
jackaustin631:
Help and advice needed with the cost of a churchyard memorials for my parents grave .

I have been looking locally at granite type headstones, and very taken aback by the cost of buying one ,the engraving, and erection.

Not much change out of £ 1000 for a decent engraved headstone as far as I can tell.

I have tried prices from two local ( Northumberland ) stone masons but their prices are very similar.

I lost both my parents in a space of year,which was stressful and traumatic enough. I am still shell shocked by the events.
However on top of I have had to deal with large legals bills due to no wills for Granite And Stone Memorials, nearly losing the house to pay for nursing home fees, big funeral expenses , and the over budgeted cost of renovating the family home that was left to me.

All of this has cleaned me out financially , and now I am trying to find money to give them a decent memorial at their last resting place together.

I feel depressed and embarrassed that I cannot find any more funds to get the headstone erected and close the last chapter of a nightmare time for me.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas about getting down the potentially large headstone bill ?
Saving money locally ?
Can you buy a headstone on the internet ?
have other people found themselves in a similar situation or have my circumstances compound the issue ?

Any help or advice welcomed.
am so sorry reading some of the circumstances u faced within this period.but pls never forget bible teaches that resurrection if all righteous ones will take place when the soon to come kingdom of God is restored,,, very soon sir.

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Experienced graphic designer / Busty Lady Openly Records Her Full Naƙked Mood On Her Family's Leisure Balcony / For Sale: Brand New Saleh 7-in-1-blender (german Design). Asking Price:100k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.