Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat (330 Views)

Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager / Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros / Chelsea Boss Exposes Secret Lesson He Learnt From EPL After Trashing Huddersfied (2) (3) (4)

Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:18am On Feb 25, 2023
Warning: This article references issues readers may find upsetting

Chelsea boss Graham Potter says he and his family have received anonymous death threats following the club's poor run of form

The Blues have won just two of their past 14 games in all competitions and lost to Premier League strugglers Southampton on Saturday.

Chelsea say they are offering their full support to Potter and his family.

"I've had some not particularly nice emails come through, that want me to die," Potter said.

"That's obviously not pleasant to receive."

The former Brighton boss said the anonymous emails had also referenced threats against his children.

Under Potter, who was appointed in September following the sacking of Thomas Tuchel, Chelsea have won just nine of their 25 games.

"You could ask my family how life has been for me and for them. It's been not pleasant at all," Potter added.

"If you go to work and somebody's swearing abuse at you, it's not going to be pleasant.

"You can answer it two ways. I could say I don't care, but you know I'm lying. Everyone cares what people think, because we're hardwired to be socially connected."

Chelsea say they are offering Potter and his family whatever support they need but that it is a personal matter.

The Blues are currently 10th in the league, 11 points off the Champions League places.

Speaking before Sunday's Premier League game against Tottenham, Potter said: "With the results as they are, you accept criticism.

"That's not to say it's easy at all. Your family life suffers, your mental health suffers, your personality - it is hard."

Potter acknowledged that fans were "entitled to be angry" with recent results, but he said he would not be undone by the abuse.

"Life is tough for lots of people," he said.

"You ask me is it hard, I say yes it is hard. You suffer. You get upset. When you're in private, you show real emotion with your family.

"But the world is tough. We're going through an energy crisis, a cost of living crisis. People are striking every other week. No one wants to hear about the poor old Premier League manager."

Spurs assistant manager Cristian Stellini, who remains in charge on Sunday as boss Antonio Conte continues to recover from gallbladder surgery, believes Potter is a "great manager".

"I studied Potter since I arrived here because he was a manager that was at Brighton last season and I followed Brighton a lot," Stellini said.

"It surprised me the way they play, the way they changed system many times and the way they were good to challenge with Potter."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64766580

Mukina2.
Dominique.
Mynd44

Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:19am On Feb 25, 2023
Nothing will happen to your family Harry Potter.
But, we need to go in a new direction.
It's obvious we do.....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by gaby(m): 4:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Harry Potter...Lampard ProMax

Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by michlins(m): 4:32am On Feb 25, 2023
They're already messing with this man psychologically and it's affecting performance on the pitch

Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by Malory: 4:35am On Feb 25, 2023
That useless man should better leave Chelsea for his own good.

Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by bigdammyj: 4:51am On Feb 25, 2023
Noted.
Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by Theboy21: 5:08am On Feb 25, 2023
cheesy cheesy What does he expect from a club full of Agberos cheesy cheesy

Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by galaxy2020(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2023
He should get out ASAP....

Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by Nobody: 5:30am On Feb 25, 2023
APC supporters
Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 25, 2023
Yeye man you made look like kids in front of man u i cant talk again without them saying something upsetting because of that i don't go to watch ball in view center i hide in my house watch alone which its not fun to me 😠😡😡 you and cheese owner na scam!! Vote peter obi today
Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by Frank25: 6:33am On Feb 25, 2023
ogbeni go and vote out buhari and install obi for better nigeria
Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by immanuelsize: 6:40am On Feb 25, 2023
Lol.... Anybody that is not happy with the current position of chelsea isn't a good football fan. You can't give what you don't have. Chelsea don't have what it takes to even make it to seventh position this season in other to play conference league next season. RedDevils 4 life. Our first trophy of the season is coming home on sunday.
.as e dey pain dem, e dey sweat us, as e dey sweat us, e dey pain dem.
Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by immanuelsize: 6:43am On Feb 25, 2023
[quote author=Bonesbreaker post=121208973]Yeye man you made look like kids in front of man u i cant talk again without them saying something upsetting because of that i don't go to watch ball in view center i hide in my house watch alone which its not fun to me
lols... pele
Re: Graham Potter: Chelsea Boss Says His Family Have Received Anonymous Death Threat by NLPoliceWoman: 7:15am On Feb 25, 2023
Frank25:
ogbeni go and vote out buhari and install obi for better nigeria
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 1.

1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic

See The Position Cr7 Took At The Just Concluded Best Award / Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season! / Victor Osimhen And Mario Balotelli Share A Moment After Napoli’s Scudetto Win