Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros (23638 Views)

Nigerians React To Ighalo's Missed Chances During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game / Alvaro Morata Says He Would Sign A 10-year Contract With Chelsea / Epl:alvaro Morata Says England Life Is Stressful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by ogbiwa: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
Spain striker Alvaro Morata has told Spanish radio that he and his family have been abused during Euro 2020.

The 28-year-old Juventus player said he had received abuse on social media.

And he added that his wife and children were shouted at in the Spanish city of Seville.

"People have been saying 'I hope your children die'. I'd like people to put themselves in my shoes and think what it's like to get threats to my family," he told the Cadena Cope station.

"My wife and children have come to the stadium in Seville with Morata on the back of their shirts and people have been shouting at them.

"It's complicated. I understand people booing me for missing chances but there's a limit."

Morata, who is on loan at Juventus from Atletico Madrid, has missed a number of chances in the tournament, including a penalty in his side's 5-0 win over Slovakia on Wednesday.

He was booed by Spain fans in their pre-tournament friendly against Portugal and the pressure has grown after the scoreless draw with Sweden and the 1-1 draw against Poland, where he scored his side's goal but also missed a chance after strike partner Gerard Moreno's penalty hit the post.

Morata said he had a sleepless night after missing the penalty in the win against Slovakia, which set up a last-16 tie with Croatia on Monday, but does not regret taking the spot-kick.

He said that despite the abuse and criticism he has faced he feels a huge level of support from his team-mates, adding that former Spain goalkeeping Iker Casillas had called him to lift his spirits.

"I'm proud of the fact I picked up the ball [to take the penalty] after people booed me in the warm-up. A few years ago I would have been devastated but I'm really motivated. Whoever thinks the opposite doesn't know me," he said.

"It's hard to find a group like this especially in the difficult times. After a week like this I've been aware of how everyone looks at me but I look in their eyes and see they are supporting me."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57611389

7 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by dudusky007(m): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Even ayegbeni wen miss golden chance 4 touchline wen 4 take us go quarter final 4 world cup dem no threaten him family, na just group stage 4 euros dem dey worry ur own. Mtchew..wahala really be like police,u call am u pay..u no call am u pay

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Honesty111: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
cheesy
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by hybrid11(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
I thought things like these only happen in Africa? Well is a general disease
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by kenzysmith: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
When you want to play a quick corner but u see only morata there

267 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Karleb(m): 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Otar:
I actually feel for him. No player actually plans to miss chances. And yet they always suffer for it everytime. Meanwhile this morata guy, with all the complaints of how wasteful he is, yet dude has played for some of Europe's top top clubs. Chelsea, Real Madrid, Atleti, Juve. That's a career CV that many players would kill to have including the so called better players

That's the kind of success that's attached to a birthplace.

He's Spanish, most Spanish players play for big clubs.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by CelestineNelson: 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
When the Bible says: thou shall not murder, a lot people think about weapon forgetting that their mouth is powerful weapon of mass destruction, I hope he recovers early from this verbal abuse.. . it is always disastrous...

10 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Akpuobi1: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good for him. That's how he will go and miss the coming of Jesus

grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Fuckthamods: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Same way we treated ighalo during the last world cup..
But morata too dey miss sha grin that's the only aspect Messi is better than him

2 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by FalseProphet1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Morata will be fine, he should stop worrying himself, the fans are just frustrated that their team are performing below average. They're in the second round, I see him scoring more goals for Spain, I see the fans hailing him.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Kiddinpoh(m): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Morata A.K.A Mississippi

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by NwaNimo1(m): 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2021

12 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by praiseneo(m): 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lol the only player wey like fine boy for field
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by deeda00: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2021

11 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by BigDawsNet: 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
sorrry, chelsea pls resign morata embarassed
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Juanmike(m): 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
He deserves everything he is getting, I would stab and twist the knife.

1 Like

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oyinbo love football like die
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by chukwuibuipob: 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
sad
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Mallamjp(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Take heart. Family is above everything. dooo
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by NobleSeed(m): 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
watin happened to samuel et'o fit still repeat itself ooh..just saying shal.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by egenma(f): 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
This football thing is too much - many fans are too immature to actually be emotionally involved in this sport.
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Mangekyo: 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
angry
Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by rawpadgin(m): 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
I detest fanatics. How dare you start threatening his family? embarassed

But this guy dey miss goal sha! shocked missrata should get a personal coach that will help his finishing

Dude suppose dey act romantic comedy movies angry

7 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by chiiraq802(m): 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
kenzysmith:
When you want to play a quick corner but u see only morata there

4 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by Kilishihunter: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fuckthamods:
Same way we treated ighalo during the last world cup..
But morata too dey miss sha grin that's the only aspect Messi is better than him
Subject: Morata complaining of abuse, but you still had to bring Messi inside grin Rent Free

2 Likes

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by tutudesz: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Guy your own na small O!! Compare to watin yakubu aiyegbeni receive cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morata Says His Family Is Being Threatened Due To His Missed Chances At Euros by chrisxxx(m): 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Morata you would wish you were a Nigerian. We would have done I stand with Morata rally for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Usain "Lightning" Bolt Wins 100m Final / Asisat Oshoala Scored In Her Barcelona Debut This Afternoon. / Emeka Ezeugo Returns To Bangladesh 5 Years After His Gun Scandal & Arrest (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.