Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,094 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp (862 Views)

Abia Govt Seals Hotel Over Mysterious Death, Disappearance Of Customers / Army Accused Of Causing Disappearance Of Thousands In North-East (Video) / FRSC Official Batters His Wife Who Is A Road Safety Officer. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp by louso(m): 10:02am On Feb 25, 2023
I want to throw my observation and hear other views/opinions on this matter.

I was privy to go round Lagos Metropolis and I can say that I have not spotted One VIO/Road Safety Official unlike their normal systemic positioning on Lagos Roads.

We can allude this to protest going on here and there, in short ; volatility in the Society caused by CBN New Naira Design that led to shortage of cash and Banks' oppressive ways.

So my questions are, why did these Officials disappear from our roads? Are they there to help or increase people's hardship? If their staying on the road is legitimate and impactful; why didn't we see their brake light? Are they there for revenue only when the going is good...?

I personally engaged the Team when the Street Urchins tried to rob me around 7up/Motor ways just opposite of where they were stopping Vehicles. So WHAT IS SAFE ABOUT Federal Road Safety Corp? That their job is not only to stop vehicles or help out during traffic but to liaise with the Police to clear our Federal roads of Touts always taking advantage of Passengers in Go-slow(Traffic) and broken down vehicles on the road especially 3rd Mainland Bridge, Oworonshoki, Gbagada, Alapere etc

So why do we need Agencies that are suppressive? VIO have advanced their operations with technology in Lagos, so why are they still on the roads? The kind of Traffic they cause at times is needless. They are suppose to be sitting ducks waiting for Offenders when they come for renewals and Inspection of their Vehicles and work with Police to apprehend Offenders.

It is their lack of civility and I-catch-you mentality that have made these Agencies anti-people. Legitimacy and acceptance regardless of any situation should be accorded to any Government Agencies. I think it is time for a reformation. And re-orientation. We are tired of duplication of Offices: on the same road, you have Lastma, RRS, Regular Police, VIO, Road Safety Corp, CBDs, Touts(won por gan)/Armed Robbers and their aim is to sha collect the little the Masses are earning.

1 Like

Re: Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp by immortalcrown(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2023
Breeze don blow, fowl yash don show. grin
Re: Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp by olgaa14: 10:19am On Feb 25, 2023
They are all thieves,they don't care about what you go through they just wanna harvest you.
Re: Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp by simple250: 10:29am On Feb 25, 2023
My observation too

Main reason why Ambode chased them from lagos roads, they do the job of their pay master by frustrating road users

1 Like

Re: Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp by Obyangel: 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2023
OP, God bless you. Ambode chased the idiots out and they won election for the current governor, and came back to collect their own share of the winning.

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Disappearance Of Vio And Road Safety Corp by crestedaguiyi: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2023
They were asked to stop staying on a spot since December

They are only called when there is need to maintain Rd safety during occasional High traffic

(1) (Reply)

Husband ‘drugged Wife Nightly So 51 Men Could Rape Her Without Her Knowledge’ / How I escaped ritualists / Father Ties Daughter’s Leg With Wire - Leg Amputated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.