Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku (49996 Views)

Power Is Transient: Pictures Of Ex-Senate President, Ahmad Lawan In The Senate / Tinubu Wins At Machina’s Polling Unit As Lawan Loses In Machina Ward To PDP / APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu Loses Polling Unit To Labour Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by iwaeda: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2023
Senate President Ahmad Lawan loses polling unit to Atiku Abubakar.

From PU 01B, Katuzu Primary School, Gashua, Yobe:
PDP: 186
APC: 107
NNPP: 41
Labour: 01

After failing to deliver for Bola Tinubu, Mr Lawan won in his own senatorial race with 301 votes.

https://twitter.com/GazetteNGR/status/1629534102977142786?t=b4KkEaMnhVjq67wQWpWKwg&s=19

The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, won the polling unit of the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan.

Ahmad Lawan cast his votes at the Katuzu Primary School polling unit 001B., Gashua in Yobe State in the morning.

While the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu got 107 votes, Atiku won with 186.

For Senatorial, APC Lawan, got 114 votes while the PDP senatorial candidate got 219, the New Nigeria’s People Party got 11 votes, African Democratic Congress got a vote and five votes were recorded as invalid.

Earlier, the Senate president after casting his vote on Saturday, expressed confidence that the Presidential candidate of his party, Tinubu will win the election.

Lawan said the amendment of the Electoral Act by the ninth National Assembly which gave the Independent National Electoral Commission sufficient latitude to introduce more technology in the electoral process made the 2023 polls very significant.

Speaking to journalists after he voted at his Katuzu ward polling unit in his home town, Gashua in Yobe State, Lawan said, “Today’s elections are very significant for so many reasons but one of the major reasons is what the ninth National Assembly has done – to produce an amendment of the Electoral Act that gives INEC sufficient latitude to introduce more technology for the election process.

“It didn’t take me more than a minute to go through the BVAS accreditation process. It didn’t take me more than a minute to cast my vote. This is very important for our democracy in Nigeria because the process cuts out any tendency for compromise, for fraud, for multiple voting and so many other things.”

“And I believe that this process will produce leaders that the voters would have decided to have to lead them, ” he added.

Lawan added, “Let me also at this point, I’m not campaigning, but I want to commend our people, our citizens especially my Senatorial District, they have shown love, they have shown sacrifice, uncommon love for me particularly and I cannot thank them enough.

“This election, for me, will be the fifth election consecutively into the Senate by the grace of God and I am very confident we will win this election.”

“Here, the President will win, the Senatorial candidate, that’s me, will win, the member of the House of Representatives by the grace of God will also win,” Lawan boasted.

The Senate President further stated that they were going to continue to work with the President by the time Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu becomes the President.

“He will inherit the ninth National Assembly. He will work with us for at least two weeks because our tenure ends on the 11th of June, 2023, ” he added.

https://punchng.com/2023-elections-pdp-floors-apc-at-lawans-polling-unit/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by olgaa14: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2023
Tinubu has been scammed by the north

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Sonnobax15(m): 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2023
grin
E be like say the silence for north wan loud pass the noise for south now oh shocked

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Mufasa27(m): 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2023
Atiku is gonna win this election silently mark my words

57 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by unclejb2(m): 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2023
Tinubu is going on permanent retirement next week

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by chamboi1: 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2023
Mufasa27:
this is what am scared of.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by iwaeda: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2023
Nlfpmod, Mynd44. grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Giovanniautos: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2023
Mufasa27:

Very sure

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2023
Obidense should be pre ejaculating

Lawan a whole Senate president lost to atiku

Gombe gov the same thing

Apc govs have been silent since, atiku winning states that PDP never won since 1999.

No be the splitting of winning up north be dey give obidense confident?

NC like Nassarawa, Niger also in bag for atiku waiting other NC states

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by FreeStuffsNG: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2023
olgaa14:
Tinubu has been scammed by the north
That is Manchina dealing with Lawan.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2023
unclejb2:
Tinubu is going on permanent retirement next week
tinubu is already out of this race

I don't know what he wants to hear when northern govs are lossing their unit

Now lawan own confirmed

We still thank him for splitting SW votes Sha

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by WonderManly(m): 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2023
Great 👍 one

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

lol

How can machina be dealing with lawan by dealing with tinubu

Why he no deal with am for lawan own Senate race

It's clear the north took a coordinated decision on tinubu

14 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2023
Before today apc people where saying obi is only working against atiku in south.

As north don stand up for atiku it's obvious it's tinubu that is working against obi in the south

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Jagabanfromcali: 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2023
The senate president campaigned stealthly for atiku , all of them are closet PDP memeber , the city boy have been played

26 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Xscape1993(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2023
Evil party and evil candidate......the founder of agberos in Nigeria, the drug landlord of Africa and the murderer of Funso Williams will never win this election.....

11 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by iwaeda: 7:13pm On Feb 25, 2023
PDP, power to the people. grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by kponkedenge(m): 7:14pm On Feb 25, 2023
It's obvious Tinubu is out of this election already.

This election is between Obi and Atiku.

Obi clears the whole SE, SS and places like Lagos, Abuja, Benue.

Atiku clears the North apart from Kano which goes to Kwankwaso.

Then what next?

24 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by 2mch(m): 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2023
Legitisreal:
Before today apc people where saying obi is only working against atiku in south.

As north don stand up for atiku it's obvious it's tinubu that is working against obi in the south
Those people would have voted PDP. But PDP and LP split votes this time. Pay attention.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2023
2mch:

Those people would have voted PDP. But PDP and LP split votes this time. Pay attention.
yes

That's why the north sheilded atiku to cover those votes

At the end people expected a split of states won up north, but north is giving only atiku

So tinubu has lost out and ended up playing spoiler to the south

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2023
kponkedenge:
It's obvious Tinubu is out of this election already.

This election is between Obi and Atiku.

Obi clears the whole SE, SS and places like Lagos, Abuja, Benue.

Atiku clears the North apart from Kano which goes to Kwankwaso.

Then what next?
mind you, the second place of atiku in Kano would still fetch him around 900k votes to cancel obi votes in lagos

Obi haven't cleared Lagos finish o, don't be deceived, it's usually 45% 55% with slight edge for tinubu

So it's obi Lagos stronghold vs not too a stronghold of atiku in Kano cancelled out

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by 2mch(m): 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2023
Legitisreal:
yes

That's why the north sheilded atiku to cover those votes

At the end people expected a split of states won up north, but north is giving only atiku

So tinubu has lost out and ended up playing spoiler to the south
North is not giving only Atiku. They are splitting too with Kwakwanso. Tinubu is going well there and in NC too. Keep calm.

6 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by iwaeda: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2023
Legitisreal:
mind you, the second place of atiku in Kano would still fetch him around 900k votes which has cancelled a state like enugu

Atiku is President-Elect. grin grin grin angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Kukutenla: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Na only this unverified result from "ungrateful" Buhari's PU you just carry for head dey hawk since morning

5 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by AtikuOkowa: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2023
2mch:

North is not giving only Atiku. They are splitting too with Kwakwanso. Tinubu is going well there and in NC too. Keep calm.

which kwankwaso?

Kwankwaso is blessing to Atiku

He only defeated Tinubu in Kano

we love it.

Obi and Tinubu are cancelling themselves.

what a bless and luck and victory to Atiku?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2023
2mch:

lol

No be the results where lawan and govs can't deliver for tinubu in north

Kwanwanso is only winning in Kano, katsina etc are not splitting at all, check the pattern if you add nnpp with apc together PDP is still miles ahead

So that's not how to split, tinubu is only winning Kogi and maybe kwara where PDP is really pulling a 45% run there

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by 2mch(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

which kwankwaso?

we love it.

Ok.
Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Almiron: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2023
Atiku is definitely winning this election.

My President

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by Legitisreal: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2023
AtikuOkowa:

which kwankwaso?

we love it.

apart from Kano as homeson

I didn't expect kwanwanso to be getting low two digit numbers he is getting when atiku is counting in 100's per unit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by FarahAideed: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2023
Legitisreal:
lol

How can machina be dealing with lawan by dealing with tinubu

Why he no deal with am for lawan own Senate race

It's clear the north took a coordinated decision on tinubu

Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by iwaeda: 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2023
Punchng.com is very comprehensive.Atiku is elected grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku by TRUMPwedsBUHARI: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2023
iwaeda, use Punch title. It sounds better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Agents Give Lagos Residents N1,500, N2,000 To Vote For Sanwo-Olu - FIJ (Pix) / Photos From Renewed Hope Concert For Tinubu/shettima In Abuja. / Peter Obi's Supporters Mount Huge Campaign Billboard In Sokoto State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.