Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election (35738 Views)

29-Year-Old Akarachi Amadi Wins Imo House Of Reps Election / INEC Removes Imo PDP Candidate, Agulanna, From House Of Reps Election List / JUST IN: Presidential, Senatorial Result Sheets For Kwara Found In FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by yemzone(m): 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2023
My Review of the Presidential/Senatorial and House of Reps Election

It is no doubt that, to a large extent, in many polling units, election was conducted peacefully. In my polling unit (PU), it was peaceful as well, left for quarrels in the queue. I feel INEC should be commended for this. The introduction of Bimodal Voters Accreditation System (BVAS) has really made voting so easy and rigging difficult. However, there are few lapses I feel INEC should work on.

INEC should employ more ad-hoc/permanent staff for its job. It is sad that despite INEC being visibly understaffed, they deliberately decided not to select some personnel for the job. These reasons are best known to them. I can say that I have friends who took part in the three-day training and were not selected, and there were polling units that lacked polling officials.

For instance in my unit, we didn't see our Assistant Presiding Officer (APO III). We called this guy, at first his number didn't go through, later it rang unpicked. Assistant Presiding Officer II (APO II) and I alongside Presiding Officer (PO) did a tedious work that would have been easier if APO III were around. APO III should be the queue controller.

It wasn't easy controlling these people mehn. At some point, I was mildly intimidated when I said elderly people should be attended to first. E be like say I dey follow INEC training gbagba.

Come and see how everyone dey claim old. But I overcame the intimidation. Thank goodness, one of the youth leaders coordinated the crowd. There was no Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) as well and Registration Area Technology (RATECH). None of them strolled our Polling Unit and even the ones nearest to us.

At some point, we needed them to be present when we wanted to count votes. We had to proceed when people's grievances were getting to our ears. I also had an issue with the BVAS: I mistakenly exported accredited data before the end of accreditation. Omo, come and see sweat for my body. Thank God for bad network, the kind beating wey I go chop ehn 😂

Another area I want INEC to look into is the issue of logistics in terms of transportation. Our team came to the polling unit past 9. The earlier the poll starts, the better, especially for polling units with many registered voters.

Lastly, the issue of security should not be taken lightly. Let me tell you, forget all the promises by the FG that there would be a tight security at PU. In my PU, only one police officer manned more than two polling units. If it was a violent-prone area, you know what could have happened.

How did election go in your area?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Abfinest007(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2023
Ur observation is very very correct I witnessed same thing

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by yemzone(m): 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2023
Abfinest007:
Ur observation is very very correct I witnessed same thing
That's it o, no lies.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by yemzone(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2023
yemzone:

It is no doubt that, to a large extent, in many polling units, election was conducted peacefully. In my polling unit (PU), it was peaceful as well, left for quarrels in the queue. I feel INEC should be commended for this. The introduction of Bimodal Voters Accreditation System (BVAS) has really made voting so easy and rigging difficult. However, there are few lapses I feel INEC should work on.

INEC should employ more ad-hoc/permanent staff for its job. It is sad that despite INEC being visibly understaffed, they deliberately decided not to select some personnel for the job. These reasons are best known to them. I can say that I have friends who took part in the three-day training and were not selected, and there were polling units that lacked polling officials. For instance in my unit, we didn't see our Assistant Presiding Officer (APO III). We called this guy, at first his number didn't go through, later it rang unpicked. Assistant Presiding Officer II (APO II) and I alongside Presiding Officer (PO) did a tedious work that would have been easier if APO III were around. APO III should be the queue controller. It wasn't easy controlling these people mehn. At some point, I was mildly intimidated when I said elderly people should be attended to first. E be like say I dey follow INEC training gbagba. Come and see how everyone dey claim old. But I overcame the intimidation. Thank goodness, one of the youth leaders coordinated the crowd. There was no Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) as well and Registration Area Technology (RATECH). None of them strolled our Polling Unit and even the ones nearest to us. At some point, we needed them to be present when we wanted to count votes. We had to proceed when people's grievances were getting to our ears. I also had an issue with the BVAS: I mistakenly exported accredited data before the end of accreditation. Omo, come and see sweat for my body. Thank God for bad network, the kind beating wey I go chop ehn 😂

Another area I want INEC to look into is the issue of logistics in terms of transportation. Our team came to the polling unit past 9. The earlier the poll starts, the better, especially for polling units with many registered voters.

Lastly, the issue of security should not be taken lightly. Let me tell you, forget all the promises by the FG that there would be a tight security at PU. In my PU, only one police officer manned more than two polling units. If it was a violent-prone area, you know what could have happened.

Seun OAM4J Mynd44 nlfpmod please frontpage. Thank you.

I almost missed this, although it's personal. I noticed the cuteness of the young police woman who manned our PU. This lady bam, from her head to her boot. Nice backside and body structure. I wonder why such a pretty lady joined the Police. 💁I dey target her finger if she put ring. Will it make sense if I had collected her number? Would she arrest me? Insult me? 🤔

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Vyzz: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2023
yemzone:

I almost missed this, although it's personal. I noticed the cuteness of the young police woman who manned our PU. This lady bam, from her head to her boot. Nice backside and body structure. I wonder why such a pretty lady joined the Police. 💁I dey target her finger if she put ring. Will it make sense if I had collected her number? Would she arrest me? Insult me? 🤔

Is she as pretty as you said. The arrest could be worth it..

Vote Peter Obi all the way...

Papa, mama and pikin.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by saphiere(f): 9:25am On Feb 26, 2023
yemzone:

INEC should employ more ad-hoc/permanent staff for its job. It is sad that despite INEC being visibly understaffed, they deliberately decided not to select some personnel for the job. These reasons are best known to them. I can say that I have friends who took part in the three-day training and were not selected, and there were polling units that lacked polling officials.

For instance in my unit, we didn't see our Assistant Presiding Officer (APO III). We called this guy, at first his number didn't go through, later it rang unpicked. Assistant Presiding Officer II (APO II) and I alongside Presiding Officer (PO) did a tedious work that would have been easier if APO III were around. APO III should be the queue controller.

It wasn't easy controlling these people mehn. At some point, I was mildly intimidated when I said elderly people should be attended to first. E be like say I dey follow INEC training gbagba.

Come and see how everyone dey claim old. But I overcame the intimidation. Thank goodness, one of the youth leaders coordinated the crowd. There was no Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) as well and Registration Area Technology (RATECH). None of them strolled our Polling Unit and even the ones nearest to us.

At some point, we needed them to be present when we wanted to count votes. We had to proceed when people's grievances were getting to our ears. I also had an issue with the BVAS: I mistakenly exported accredited data before the end of accreditation. Omo, come and see sweat for my body. Thank God for bad network, the kind beating wey I go chop ehn 😂

Please why's everybody not posting results of presidential candidate Mrs Princess Chichi?
Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Thundafireseun: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2023
angry
angry
All I know is that Urchins will cry blood sooner than later

11 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by leisuretym: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2023
Just announce this result make everybody rest!

Remember say old men follow contest before dem develop high blood 🩸 pressure

10 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2023
See in this election if Buhari refuse to conduct free and fair election, he has tarnished his image forever

The impunity, raping of democracy in broad day light will not be tolerated

1. How can INEC officials be telling us that they are looking for CODES placed in their care to upload results and this situation is peculiar to the polling units where Labour Party is winning undecided

2. INEC officials are not even using the BVAs, can any result sheet tip-ex be considered legal

3. See minors voting in the north and hear unreasonable excuses from security agents

4. INEC started planning immediately after the last election and there was no INEC officials in some polling units

Don't set Nigeria on fire!!! The irregularities is just too much!!!

This guy below altered results and refused to use the BVA to enter the results

18 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by SleekyP(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2023
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by planetE(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2023
With what I have seen with my eyes , Nigeria can't be great. My brother if you have money, don't spend ahm lavishly start processing your documents. Japa to a working country is the only hope. When the time of another election comes, you can come back to Nigeria and vote for the right candidate.

How on earth will people be voting for Atiku and Tinubu. Well, suffer no dey tire Nigerians.

Seeing Peter Obi as a perfect candidate, Senseless voters allowed their religious and tribal sentiments prevailed over their sense of reasoning.

Shabii una dey complain say rice nah #40k, una go buy ahm #100k

The ability to adapt to severe hardship, suffering and abject poverty is naturally gifted to many Nigerians

I never believed in Japa before but now, na to join the crew

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by drizslim(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2023
Our labour will never go in vain

15 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by princeade86(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2023
Hmmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 26, 2023
Most results where not transmitted immediately.

They waited till midnight to manipulate party figures.

wike and his boys in Rivers

Tinubu and his gangs in Lagos

29 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Dshocker(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2023
Ok
Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by SmartPolician: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2023
I voted in a community school on the island part of Lagos. I wanted Banky W to win badly but I noticed that many voters were voting for Labour Party all through, even when they don't know who other contestants are.

The primary school had 4 units (I don't know if that's what they call a ward). When the results of all 3 were declared, Labour Party won. APC thugs started destroying people's windscreens. Thank God for the quick intervention of the military that stopped the madness. Soldiers came in a truckload of armed men. Labour Party won all 4 and we left the school at 2am.

By and large, the elections were peaceful. Kudos to INEC, those corps members who worked into the night, the local community that provided a generator for light, charging BVAS and phones. More importantly, thank you to policemen and the military personnel. Only God knows what would have happened if armed soldiers hadn't arrived at the scene. How can I forget to appreciate the enlightened Yorubas who voted for Labour Party? You guys are our heroes!

Last unit results: The biggest of all 4 which explained why voting dragged into the night. About 1000 voters used two BVAS machines.

Unit 008

PDP: 16
APC:168
LP: 747

Picture: when voting ended, we patiently waited as they sorted the results at 11pm.

33 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Nwadu: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2023
Oga right now keep your view... Na results we wan hear right now..

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Irloran: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2023
yemzone:

I have lost hope in this country call Nigeria . A friend of my in USA was right he said the problem of this country is INEC and Military . They always use military or INEC to rig the election

18 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Teetee777: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2023
Campaign crowd different from an election crowd. Yesterday's election cleared to me that nobody knows the labor party in the north except Apc, PDP, and nnpp. The results from the north favored Tinubu except Kano that Nnpp lead

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Moh247: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2023
Hmmn

Under staffing
Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by SPRINCE001: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2023
We don't care for now

If it's not about LP winning

3 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by madapcmod: 9:28am On Feb 26, 2023
Security of the polling units were none existent.

Cancellation of votes where there is violence should be revisited. Re-run should be the right and just solution with effective policing.

Politicians are utilizing this loophole to disrupt election in their perceived weak areas so their opponent's votes won't count. This is very unfair law

PVC should be linked to BVN same way our passports are linked to BVN, this will reduce the rate of child votes in the North which is rampant.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Goodlady(f): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2023
Only one corper in my polling units. Before it's two. And BIVAS worked well too.
Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2023
I recommend dat all our elections henceforth shld be held at INEC LGA offices wit tight security, and should be a 1 week exercise continuous thing.

Who ever wants to vote shld sacrifice transport fare money and go there and vote.
Party agents would be at d centers 4 credibility.

This is d best option am offering and I pray d authorities look into this.
cool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by Nwadu: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2023
saphiere:
Please why's everybody not posting results of presidential candidate Mrs Princess Chichi?

She no come

1 Like

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by SimplyAJ(m): 9:29am On Feb 26, 2023
LP for the win cool

I heard Tilumbu lost Iragbiji to LP grin grin

8 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by venabili: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2023
yemzone:

No harm in trying. Now thats something u'll always wonder " what if..."

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by ecolime(m): 9:30am On Feb 26, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
Most results where not transmitted immediately.

They waited till midnight to interchange party figures.

wike and his boys in Rivers

Tinubu and his gangs in Lagos
Sad
Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by amstardi: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2023
Current INEC chairman is an over hyped professor .
He knows next to nothing ..

sack and arrest him; he is a present danger to our nascent democracy ..

16 Likes

Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by id4sho(m): 9:30am On Feb 26, 2023
undecided
Re: My Review Of The Presidential/senatorial And House Of Reps Election by amstardi: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2023
The BVAS was a scam afteralll.

Rigging is going on smoothly and massively ..unckecked .

Soldiers and policemen are also involved .
Sight River State and gbagada and Ojo Lagos

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Nelson Braimbraifa As NDDC Acting MD / Protesting Lagos Driver Sets Self Ablaze, Dies Over Impounded Bus / Photos Of Bukola Saraki With David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.