Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) (9758 Views)

How Many Souls Escaped The 'Hell' Fire Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Except God Intervenes, Nigeria Not Better Than Sodom And Gomorrah - CAN / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2023
Maynmann:

How is naming a trail imposing a christian name on an islamic country?
Where is the evidence since na

We've have enough of this already. Paul's presence in Turkey is recognized by the Turkish. Whether they be bloggers or writers.

Give us the same quality of evidence for Spain.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

We've have enough of this already. Paul's presence in Turkey is recognized by the Turkish. Whether they be bloggers or writers.

Where is his presence recognized by the “Turkish”?
Bloggers or writers don’t create history, they work on references, and those tourism site got theirs from Book of Acts, they are not historians.

“All those cities mentioned on those sites have no biblical reference.” bwahhahahahah cheesy

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Freedom2023(m): 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

A mere writer such as Kate Clow cannot just wake up and impose a Christian name on an islamic Country unopposed except there's too much evidence to justify the action.

Thank you very much for giving me false hope. I leave you to God Almighty. I should have known immediately you asked about my church. No true christian will ask that before helping out. It's quite disappointing. May God help us
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by MisterBanny(m): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

U no get work I swear. Fake people everywhere
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
Maynmann:

Where is his presence recognized by the “Turkish”?
Bloggers or writers don’t create history, they work on references, and those tourism site got theirs from Acts, they are not historians.

“All those cities mentioned on those sites have no biblical reference.” bwahhahahahah cheesy

Give us your own Spanish proof.

Bloggers and writers don't create history but they can make reference to history from anywhere as long as it is generally accepted to be true.

Give us your reference for Spain. The Turkish talk is just a distraction.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

Bloggers and writers don't create history but they can make reference to history from anywhere as long as it is generally accepted to be true.

Give us your reference for Spain. The Turkish talk is just a distraction.
Using book of acts written by an UNKNOWN AUTHOR is not a reference of history.

Give us references of King Nero beheading Paul. The spanish talk is just a distraction.

1 Like

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
MisterBanny:

U no get work I swear. Fake people everywhere

Your church members already knew who you are. You've just shown me your personality today simply because I made a promise and I'm yet to deliver. Did I even tell you I'm sending you something today? Did I give you any definite promise?

You started trailing me with two monikers since then. Pleading with one and bashing me with the other. What sort of personality is that?

Please stop mentioning me. If you do, I'll ignore you.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

Even Paul home country doesn’t have proof that paul a nobody existed 6000 years ago.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
Maynmann:

Even Paul home country doesn’t have proof that paul a nobody existed 6000 years ago.

But you said Paul went to Spain. Is that not laughable?
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

But you said Paul went to Spain. Is that not laughable?
Many ancient christian writers said it.
Don’t you like “writers and bloggers” as your sources of history again?

“Clement of Rome, a co-worker with Paul, who is mentioned in Philippians 4:3: “Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.” Apparently Clement, Paul’s co-laborer, became the Bishop of Rome (88-99) and is one of the earliest Apostolic Church Fathers (men who had personally known one of the Twelve Apostles or Paul) whose writings survive.

In Clement’s letter I Clement 5:5-7 (c. 70’s just c. 40 years after the Resurrection and c. 20 years after Paul wrote Romans) Bishop Clement writes:

“Because of jealousy and strife, Paul, by his example, pointed out the way to the prize for patient endurance. After he had been seven times in chains, had been driven into exile, had been stoned and had preached in the East and in the West, he won the genuine glory for his faith, having taught righteousness to the whole world and having reached the farthest limits of the West. (‘to terma tes duseos’) Finally, when he had given his testimony before the rulers, he thus departed from the world and went to the holy place, having become an outstanding example of patient endurance.”
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2023
Maynmann:

Many ancient christian writers said it.
Don’t you like “writers and bloggers” as your sources of history again?

“Clement of Rome, a co-worker with Paul, who is mentioned in Philippians 4:3: “Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.” Apparently Clement, Paul’s co-laborer, became the Bishop of Rome (88-99) and is one of the earliest Apostolic Church Fathers (men who had personally known one of the Twelve Apostles or Paul) whose writings survive.

In Clement’s letter I Clement 5:5-7 (c. 70’s just c. 40 years after the Resurrection and c. 20 years after Paul wrote Romans) Bishop Clement writes:

“Because of jealousy and strife, Paul, by his example, pointed out the way to the prize for patient endurance. After he had been seven times in chains, had been driven into exile, had been stoned and had preached in the East and in the West, he won the genuine glory for his faith, having taught righteousness to the whole world and having reached the farthest limits of the West. (‘to terma tes duseos’) Finally, when he had given his testimony before the rulers, he thus departed from the world and went to the holy place, having become an outstanding example of patient endurance.”

I said bring evidence from Spain. That's not too much to ask.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

I said bring evidence from Spain. That's not too much to ask.

Bring evidence that paul was an important person in history that will make countries to have his record.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
Maynmann:

Bring evidence that paul was an important person in history that will make countries to have his record.

Spain is a Christian country for crying out loud.

Paul is an important personality in christiendom. If Paul was in Spain, Spain would have references.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

Spain is a Christian country for crying out loud.

Paul is an important personality in christiendom. If Paul was in Spain, Spain would have references.
What has spain been a christian country got to do with anything for crying out loud?

Where is turkey reference of paul?

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 12:05am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

What has spain been a christian country got to do with anything for crying out loud?

Where is turkey reference of paul?

Smiling.

You have no evidence for your claims of Paul in Spain. Let's allow the matter to rest.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 12:06am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

Smiling.

You have no evidence for your claims of Paul in Spain. Let's allow the matter to rest.
You have no evidence that paul was beheaded by King Nero.
Let's allow the matter to rest.

Romans 15:23-24.

23 But now that there is no more place for me to work in these regions, and since I have been longing for many years to visit you, 24 I plan to do so when I go to Spain.

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 12:09am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

You have no evidence that paul was beheaded by King Nero.
Let's allow the matter to rest.

Smiling. That one is indisputable. I gave you evidence from both Wikipedia and Encyclopedia Britannica.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

Smiling. That one is indisputable. I gave you evidence from both Wikipedia and Encyclopedia Britannica.
same one that said UNKNOWN?
And which Wikipedia did you post bwahahaha cheesy
Be reading it before posting ehn

Paul only spent 2/3 years in roman prison, it has no connection with Nero and he was released.

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 12:25am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

same one that said UNKNOWN?

Paul only spent 2/3 years in roman prison, it has no connection with Nero and he was released.

Who said unknown? The details of his death was unknown. Not the actual death, nor the actual existence of the personality called Paul. Why are you emphasising one word?

This is what Britannica said:

"The exact details of St. Paul’s death are unknown, but tradition holds that he was beheaded in Rome and thus died as a martyr for his faith. His death was perhaps part of the executions of Christians ordered by the Roman emperor Nero following the great fire in the city in 64 CE. It is known that St. Paul was imprisoned in Rome and wrote several of his epistles (letters) during his captivity there."

Take note of the bolded.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 12:27am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

Who said unknown? The details of his death was unknown. Not the actual death, nor the actual existence of the personality called Paul. Why are you emphasising one word?

This is what Britannica said:

"The exact details of St. Paul’s death are unknown, but tradition holds that he was beheaded in Rome and thus died as a martyr for his faith. His death was perhaps part of the executions of Christians ordered by the Roman emperor Nero following the great fire in the city in 64 CE. It is known that St. Paul was imprisoned in Rome and wrote several of his epistles (letters) during his captivity there."

Take note of the bolded.

Saint paul was imprisoned by who?
When was he released?

If his details of death are UNKNOWN, how did you know he died by hanging?

Your bolded only talked about his arrest which was in what century?
What century did rome burn?
What century did paul die?

“It is known that St. Paul was imprisoned in Rome and wrote several of his epistles (letters) during his captivity there."
What had this got to do with hanging, nero and paul death?”

If you know paul died by hanging from Nero, then which details again is UNKNOWN?

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 12:45am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

Saint paul was imprisoned by who?
When was he released?

If his details of death are UNKNOWN, how did you know he died by hanging?

Your bolded only talked about his arrest which was in what century?
What century did rome burn?
What century did paul die?

“It is known that St. Paul was imprisoned in Rome and wrote several of his epistles (letters) during his captivity there."
What had this got to do with hanging, nero and paul death?”

If you know paul died by hanging from Nero, then which details again is UNKNOWN?

The screenshot plainly told you that Nero was responsible for persecution of Christians after a fire outbreak. If Paul was imprisoned at that time on the basis of the fire accusation, who killed Paul? Paul was actually beheaded by Nero around AD 57.

Read the following link and observe an excerpt from the Roman Historian Tacitus.
https://insight.org/resources/article-library/individual/historical-background-of-paul-s-final-imprisonment
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 12:49am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

The screenshot plainly told you that Nero was responsible for persecution of Christians after a fire outbreak. If Paul was imprisoned at that time on the basis of the fire accusation, who killed Paul? Paul was actually beheaded by Nero around AD 57.

Which screenshot?

Fire of Rome was when?
When did paul die?
When was paul imprisoned? cheesy

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 12:51am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

https://insight.org/resources/article-library/individual/historical-background-of-paul-s-final-imprisonment

Are you even reading your own links cheesy
Paul died in AD 57 on the basis of fire accusation abi grin at the same time, paul death details are unknown

Bwahahahaha

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 1:06am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

Are you even reading your own links cheesy
Paul died in AD 57 on the basis of fire accusation abi grin at the same time, paul death details are unknown

Bwahahahaha

Wikipedia said the detais are unknown even though we have the details. I just don't want to bother you with Christian history.

Read from the link below:

https://drivethruhistory.com/the-execution-of-paul/
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 1:08am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

Wikipedia said the detais are unknown even though we have the details. I just don't want to bother you with Christian history.

Read from the link below:

https://drivethruhistory.com/the-execution-of-paul/
Where did Wikipedia say his death are unknown?

Are you reading your own link?

Paul has gone to spain now abi cheesy

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 1:11am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

Where did Wikipedia say his death are unknown?

Are you reading your own link?

Paul has gone to spain now abi cheesy

I meant Britannica. Not Wikipedia. At least you knew what you read.

I never said Paul went to Spain. We're only currently concerned about how Paul died.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 1:12am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

I meant Britannica. Not Wikipedia. At least you knew what you read.

I never said Paul went to Spain. We're only currently concerned about how Paul died.
Your link said paul was in spain. Read your own link.
You too read
https://johnsonspain.tripod.com/id69.html

You already said, Paul died in AD 57 on the basis of fire accusation na grin

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 1:17am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

Your link said paul was in spain.
You too read

Why do you like distractions? Can't you focus on the current issue being discussed when you read an article?

Did I say there are no insinuations that Paul went to Spain? I mentioned that there are suggestions that he did but there's no evidence. That's where I actually started from. You shouldn't even look at distractions like this while ignoring the current matter being discussed.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 1:21am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

Why do you like distractions? Can't you focus on the current issue being discussed when you read an article?

Did I say there are no insinuations that Paul went to Spain? I mentioned that there are suggestions that he did but there's no evidence. That's where I actually started from. You shouldn't even look at distractions like this while ignoring the current matter being discussed.
Why do you like cherry picking things that suits you?
The link you want to use as “evidence” mentioned paul went to spain, he referenced clement.

There are “evidences” that he went to spain.

“early documents, such as the letter written by Clement of Rome to the church in Corinth in 69 A.D. indicate that Paul did in fact reach Spain.
In his letter, Clement states that "Paul also obtained the reward of patient endurance, after being thrown into jail seven times, compelled to flee, and stoned. After preaching both in the east and west, he gained the illustrious reputation due to his faith, having taught righteousness to the whole world, and come to the extreme limit of the west, and suffered martyrdom under the prefects."(5) The expression "extreme limit of the west" was commonly understood to be Hispania or what is now the kingdom of Spain.(6) Other independent witnesses are found in Cyril of Jerusalem who writes, " --one,
who from Jerusalem, and even unto Il1yricum, fully preached the Gospel, andinstructed even imperial Rome, and carried the earnestness of his preaching asfar as Spain, undergoing conflicts innumerable, and performing Signs andwonders"(7) Chrysostom also writes about Paul stating, "For after he had been
in Rome, he returned to Spain, but whether he came thence again into these'parts, we know not.".

Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by FxMasterz: 1:32am On Jun 19, 2023
Maynmann:

Why do you like cherry picking things that suits you?

There are “evidences” that he went to spain.

“early documents, such as the letter written by Clement of Rome to the church in Corinth in 69 A.D. indicate that Paul did in fact reach Spain.
In his letter, Clement states that "Paul also obtained the reward of patient endurance, after being thrown into jail seven times, compelled to flee, and stoned. After preaching both in the east and west, he gained the illustrious reputation due to his faith, having taught righteousness to the whole world, and come to the extreme limit of the west, and suffered martyrdom under the prefects."(5) The expression "extreme limit of the west" was commonly understood to be Hispania or what is now the kingdom of Spain.(6) Other independent witnesses are found in Cyril of Jerusalem who writes, " --one,
who from Jerusalem, and even unto Il1yricum, fully preached the Gospel, andinstructed even imperial Rome, and carried the earnestness of his preaching asfar as Spain, undergoing conflicts innumerable, and performing Signs andwonders"(7) Chrysostom also writes about Paul stating, "For after he had been
in Rome, he returned to Spain, but whether he came thence again into these'parts, we know not.".

Let's leave that aside. There are many articles for and against the Paul in Spain position. You and I would quote articles to no end.

I'll return to the basis of this argument. Do you now believe that Christianity isn't a Romsm invention? All the details you're bringing out about Paul practically disprove your claims.
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 1:35am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

Let's leave that aside. There are many articles for and against the Paul in Spain position. You and I would quote articles to no end.
Quote articles against spain, I’m sure those article writers will have references.

“ In Tarragona (Barcelona) there is a monument to Paul, and the tradition that he preached there. Also, at the other extreme of Spain in the village of Ecija (Seville) there is a monument marking the place where Paul supposedly preached.
Paul is still the Patron Saint of Ecija and for years baptisms were donename of the Father, the Son and the Apostle Paul. One plausible route For Paul's visit would be to enter Spain at Tarragona (Tarraco), passing down the coast to Cadiz and then back through Sevilla, Ecija, Cordoba,, Mérida, Zaragoza and leaving again from the port of Ampuias (Emporias ) on the coast between Barcelona and the French border. It should be remembered that travel between Spain and Italy was a common occurrence and what happened in one country did not escape the notice of the other.
The evidence is strongly in favor of Paul having visited Spain. However that alone would not have been sufficient to evangelize Spain to the extent we
see at such an early date. There had to have been others that did the bulk of the the work. Who these were makes for interesting conjectures. Spain was very closely linked to Rome and maybe some of the converted Pretorium guards that were with Paul in Rome were sent to Spain where they testified to others.”
Re: Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) by Maynmann: 1:36am On Jun 19, 2023
FxMasterz:

I'll return to the basis of this argument. Do you now believe that Christianity isn't a Romsm invention? All the details you're bringing out about Paul practically disprove your claims.
I don’t “believe”, I know that Chrestainity is a Roman propaganda.

Yes and the details that Paul died in AD 57 on the basis of fire accusation approves your claim.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Islamic Prayer / Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 Edition / Do You Believe In Angels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.