Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins (933 Views)

What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? / Banji Akintoye: North To Continue To Rule Nigeria Regardless Of Who’s President / Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2023
Labour Party, LP, has called for the cancellation of the ongoing presidential election as the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, cannot upload results into its server from the polling units.

https://ait.live/labour-party-calls-for-cancellation-of-presidential-election/

Labour Party should stop overheating the polity. How free and fair do they want the election to be again?

Regardless of who wins, this election, to me, is one of the most free and fair elections ever in Nigeria's history. Those who lost should accept defeat in good faith and try again if necessary.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2023
Reality is beginning to dawn on them.

Nothing like manipulation. The election is free and fair, though not perfect. Anyone who wins deserves it. Buhari has tried. Kudos!
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2023
Mynd44, Nlfpmod
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by SmartPolician: 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2023
Actually, INEC is doing the opposite of what they promised us.

We were told that the results would be shared in real time and those corps members who coordinated the election did just that.

Why are Nigerians like this? I hope they are not somewhere manipulating the results!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 1:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
SmartPolician:
Actually, INEC is doing the opposite of what they promised us. Why are Nigerians like this? I hope they are not somewhere manipulating the results!

Brother, yes, the election is not perfect, even the US election isn't. But it's been free and fair. INEC and Buhari have tried. Anyone who wins truly merited it.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by benuejosh: 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2023
President in waiting.

Congratulations to us the silent Majority that made it happen.

The social media majority can try again with their president next time.

#AsiwajuisComing

Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by ObaOfYorubaLand: 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
Good
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by ObaOfYorubaLand: 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2023
PDP will.do.same.too
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by ObaOfYorubaLand: 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
Other parties should join in the call for cancellation of the election.....

Interim government loading....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Jorussia(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
Obi really tried in this election. I pray he stays in labour and give Nigerians a dependable third force in future polls.
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2023
ObaOfYorubaLand:
Other parties should join in the call for cancellation of the election.....

Interim government loading....

Why? Nobody will join you install anarchy in Nigeria.

The election is free and fair!
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:

https://ait.live/labour-party-calls-for-cancellation-of-presidential-election/

Labour Party should stop overheating the polity. How free and fair do they want the election to be again?

Regardless of who wins, this election, to me, is one of the most free and fair elections ever in Nigeria's history. Those who lost should accept defeat in good faith and try again if necessary.

What made it free and fair?
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thanksful:

What made it free and fair?

Everything! If it wasn't free and fair, unknown LP rep/sen candidates can never defeat incumbents in the South East. See how well PDP performed in SW, especially Ekiti and Oyo despite the crisis and despite being in the opposition.

APC, a ruling party scoring zeros in the South East.

My guy, let's be honest and call a spade a spade.
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:

Everything! If it wasn't free and fair, unknown LP rep/sen candidates can never defeat incumbents in the South East. See how well PDP performed in SW, especially Ekiti and Oyo despite the crisis and despite being in the opposition.

APC, a ruling party scoring zeros in the South East.

My guy, let's be honest and call a spade a spade.

This is what made it free and fair?

I guess the word has different meaning in your dictionary?

Some people self. I just wish nairaland wasn't anonymous. Omo! Some people go just dey too ashame of their friends mental capacity
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thanksful:

This is what made it free and fair?

I guess the word has different meaning in your dictionary?

Some people self. I just wish nairaland wasn't anonymous. Omo! Some people go just dey too ashame of their friends mental capacity

Oga, if it wasn't free and fair, there's no way the benefits I mentioned would have happened.
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:

Oga, if it wasn't free and fair, there's no way the benefits I mentioned would have happened.

The benefits you mentioned is that someone must vote APC or PDP because them tie him destiny to the two party?

I graduate can't think for himself on who to vote for because nah APC dey rule? No because PDP pays him salary?

I just dey shake my head
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by N3TRAL: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
Free and fair to the means that Labour party must score 25% in Ekiti, Osun , Borno, Kano, Yobe and win Kaduna grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
If election results are not manipulated, no senator, governor, house of representatives will return in south east.

Igbos are free thinkers
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2023
Free and fair election means people are allowed to vote their choice without intimidation and the results counted as such.

I don't know when the meaning changed
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thanksful:

The benefits you mentioned is that someone must vote APC or PDP because them tie him destiny to the two party?

I graduate can't think for himself on who to vote for because nah APC dey rule? No because PDP pays him salary?

I just dey shake my head

Oga, if the election wasn't free and fair, there's no way PDP would score 30% in a state like Ekiti, a stronghold of Tinubu. They would have manipulated or written results and give BAT 90% and everyone would believe because that's the projection. In fact, everyone is surprised. But it happened simply because the powers that be chose to be fair.

Same thing happened in Southeast. Power of incumbency couldn't save most of APC and PDP chieftains as they lost to LP candidates.

Yes, the election isn't perfect and can be improved. But to say it's not free and fair simply because your candidate lost means you're hypocritical.
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2023
N3TRAL:
Free and fair to the means that Labour party must score 25% in Ekiti, Osun , Borno, Kano, Yobe and win Kaduna grin

No mind them.
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:

Oga, if the election wasn't free and fair, there's no way PDP would score 30% in a state like Ekiti, a stronghold of Tinubu. They would have manipulated or written results and give BAT 90% and everyone would believe because that's the projection. In fact, everyone is surprised. But it happened simply because the powers that be chose to be fair.

Same thing happened in Southeast. Power of incumbent couldn't save most of APC and PDP chieftains as they lost to LP candidates.

Yes, the election isn't perfect and can be improved. But to say it's not free and fair simply because your candidate lost means you're hypocritical.

Abeg wetin you mean by stronghold make we understand each other?
Re: 2023 Election Is Free And Fair, Regardless Of Who Wins by Lelelalalele: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thanksful:

Abeg wetin you mean by stronghold make we understand each other?

If you don't know what stronghold is, then it's a waste of my time arguing with you. Bye

(1) (Reply)

Why I Think Peter Obi And Oyedepo's Conversation Was Real / Pdp/LP Should Suggest How FG Can Get Money For Projects Without Loans / How Nigerians Loose $2billion And it's youth To Sport Betting (video & Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.