Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? (29382 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites / Greatest Lesson On Earth |buhari's Last Moment So Emotional / 'There Will Be War If They Rig This Election' - Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by headboyprince(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

U just described urself.
SE don't vote for MusIims they vote someone always close to them, either SE or SS.
U will talk about 2019 right?
U voted because of Obi not Atiku.
close your mouth, why didnt north vote obi because of Yusuf..

ibos vote for whom they feel will bring economical growth thats why they voted atiku in 2019...

during yaradua time, ibos voted for him but you see north, anything outside their own for president they wont vote, lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Okwyjesus(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hussein035:

The lesson you should have learnt is that as an aspirant or an individual, don't be religion and tribal bigot like obi who was looking for christian and Igbo vote instead of Nigerian vote.

I wish him goodluck in his political relegation
You are the bigger bigot supporting Muslim Muslim ticket.

It's obvious Tinubu didn't win and Nigerians know that
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Teeroyzimma: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
casualobserver:
1). You cannot become president of Nigeria without spread. So make friends not enemies.

2) most Nigerians are so busy thinking with their hearts not their heads they miss the obvious, right in front of them.

3) the Ibos remain the most tribalalistic tribe in this country.

4) Trust is earned, in the end (both at the primaries and the election) it was the North that saved Tinubu. Sometimes you have to give 1st.

5).Just as your own can betray you, your enemies today can one day help you, e.g Wike,

All you have done is proven that you're tribalistic yourself, and where is your proof that they're the most tribalistic? I don't think i've heard Igbo people attack Yoruba people in the east before and I've never heard Igbo's say i'll rather die than have a Yoruba or Hausa president, something that the northerners say very often about having an Igbo president.

Igbo's are definitely not the most tribalistic, so dead that narrative, I'm not Igbo btw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Angelfrost(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Healthquest:
they voted experience against experiment ,you're crying.
PO will and never be president ,let him come bak by 69yrs.

We will be here to tell him we need a youth and not old man like him

You voted for 'experience' in 2015, and sunk the nation into the abyss!

You think politics and leadership are mutually inclusive! SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Aduke96: 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
Though Muslim-muslim ticket was achieved through rigging and thuggery.
However, the Christians stood their ground and speak through their votes.

Imagine tinubu has the lowest vote as the president elect since 1999.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Perostick(m): 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
obembet:
Dear Nairalanders, What was the greatest lesson for you in this election ?

my lesson for this election is that.
They are doing selection not election and I will never wast my precious time again to vote in any election in Nigeria.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by RoyalBlu(f): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
*I'm super proud of Peter Obi and the Obidient Train. There's no changing that!
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by 12inchess: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
North Central is different from Core North (i.e NE and NW). Nigerians generally vote based on tribe.On the average, the farther you move away from your own region, the harder you have to work to get votes from there. Tinubu is a political genius. Sanwo-Olu may be screwed!
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by SirJerrie(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
YOUR VOTE DOES NOT COUNT...

KNOW THIS AND KNOW PEACE...

THEY'VE MADE IT VERRY CLEAR TO ALL...

1 Like

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by lagonovo: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
... that national elections are not restricted to your personal axis. What applies in Calabar may not apply in Kafanchan. National election goes far beyond the overwhelming preference or happenings in your village or locality.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Truvelisback(m): 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
obembet:

If Peter Obi hadn't left PDP to LP, and had worked with Atiku as Vice, they would have defeated Tinubu and his Vice. The combination of the votes of Atiku and Peter Obi's votes would have defeated Tinubu and his vice. According to Reno Omokri, which is true. The greatest lesson for me is that, u should learn to work with others, especially those who are more influencial than u are.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by akigbemaru: 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2023
success1smyn:
1. You are from a particular tribe, you vote for your tribesman to be President, you want every other person to vote for him, but anyone from another tribe that does same is tribalist - your brain is paining you.

2. Anytime your preferred candidate win, it's free and fair, but anytime another one does, it's rigged - I don't know what to call you.

3. You think the votes from your region ONLY can make your candidate win Nigeria's Presidential Election, as a result you are burning bridges and the result came out you are crying, you need deliverance.

But seriously Peter Obi and his party tried. They exceeded my expectation. Oga come back next time. After all you didn't tell us how you will make this country better, all you do is dish out statistics, tell lies and also tell us how you wear 1 shirt for days etc. No wonder the nicknamed you Him Too Lie.

Sorry if my post annoy you. I don't mean to.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by KoladeChris24(m): 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2023
obembet:

I learnt about the people wet don get me for mind they tey.

I learnt that Igbos are more aggressive than I thought.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by pocom16: 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2023
albanikeh001:
Our votes truly do not count

Our votes counted..abeg .

That is one of the biggest lessons

Obi got over 6 million votes.. imagine Pdp and Lp remained one...add up their vote and see if they won't over throw APC . division brought their downfall..

Candidates who haven't even been councilors for an LGA were beating seating and past governors to the Senate...
How is that possible if votes didn't count..

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Bluntemperor: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
Mightymanna:
I learnt that South East and Core North have same voting pattern only South West and SS are liberals and South West and North Central decides election but you can't win presidency without penetrating the Core North.

Absolute truth!
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by 9jaRealist: 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2023
obembet:

NO HOPE FOR POSITIVE CHANGE NIGERIA IN THE NEAR FUTURE… angry
>
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by JagabanBorgu: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
headboyprince:
close your mouth, why didnt north vote obi because of Yusuf..

ibos vote for whom they feel will bring economical growth thats why they voted atiku in 2019...

during yaradua time, ibos voted for him but you see north, anything outside their own for president they wont vote, lipsrsealed
U voted Yar'Adua?
Was Yar'Adua voted or rigged into office?
People were still on queue in 2007 when election results were declared, nobody voted Yar'Adua.
lgb0s voted GEJ in 2015 based on sentîmeñts, same as Atiku in 2019 because of Obi, and Obi in 2023 because he is our own.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by DLSReigns: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2023
Maybe our problem isn't bad leadership but abysmal followership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by JagabanBorgu: 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2023
Guyman01:

They always vote for the best candidates but the system rigs them out. They votes Obasanjo against Ojukwu, Yar'adua against Ume Ezeoke and Buhari, Jonathan against Buhari and we can see the difference in the performance of the candidates
GEJ didn't perform anything, if he is in now, no state in Nigeria will be able to pay salary, just like 24 states were owing salaries under him because he couldn't pay.
U always vote d wroñg people based on sentîmeñts.
Nobody voted Yar'Adua, stop that story, he was rîggèd in.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Adakintroy: 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2023
Obedients are snowflakes.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by coputa(m): 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2023
obembet:

Nigeria cannot get better through the ballot box.Nigerians should be wise
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by JagabanBorgu: 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2023
Murketeer:

I thought they voted OBJ twice undecided
OBJ rîggèd twice and once for Yar'Adua.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Teeroyzimma: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2023
pocom16:

Our votes counted..abeg .

That is one of the biggest lessons

Obi got over 6 million votes.. imagine Pdp and Lp remained one...add up their vote and see if they won't over throw APC . division brought their downfall..

Candidates who haven't even been councilors for an LGA were beating seating and past governors to the Senate...
How is that possible if votes didn't count..

Don't let me curse you oo, our votes didn't count, Inec wiped almost half of Peter Obi's votes he had in Lagos.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by STENON(f): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2023
Social media is not a polling unit grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Tommydare(m): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2023
What has obi done for imo, abia, ebonyi,and some other states to get their massive vote? The same for atiku.
Vinnie2000:

No lesson learnt. undecided

INEC simply manipulated the votes of Obi's stronghold States e.g. Rivers and Akwa-Ibom. sad

How can a Contestant lose his states Lagos and Osun, but win in Far away Akwa-Ibom and Rivers? 😕

What has Tinubu ever done for Rivers to get their Massive votes

1 Like

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zinaunreal(m): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
You shouldn't have answered that mumu now

Mumu wey dey waka for this country plenty. That's why we keep having this result every 4 years
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by pocom16: 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
Don't let me curse you oo, our votes didn't count, Inec wiped almost half of Peter Obi's votes he had in Lagos.

grin grin
Even if INEC didn't do so...there is no way Obi would have won

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by GodHimself: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
Most Nigerians do not know how to think properly.

It is alarming.

Leaders both political and religious seem to know this and have capitalized on it to control and enslave.

obembet:

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by liverpoolfc4life(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
Divided oppositions cannot defeat ruling party

1 Like

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Arexit: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
anungangampu:
Nothing will ever work in this country with Muslim Northerners heading to polling units to vote every four years.

I think Tinubu built all his confidence on this by making sure Buhari wasn't openly against him.

It worked, they don't care. We the southerners will take the backlash as we travel often and always at the front of defending Nigeria from Foreigners.

We might call this an electoral Victory but 2028 will be more painful knowing that risking your life to vote down south doesn't worth it as someone who never checked the profile of whoever he/she is voting for will cancel your vote somewhere in the north.

wooooooow, this one is lost
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
I have finally found a lesson worthy enough to take, and it's this:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Barinaadaa Gbaranee Dies In Army Custody - Fyno / ''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says / Obaseki: Some APC Governors Are Supporting Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.