Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,300 members, 7,842,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, (3828 Views)

Finally Gotten A Job / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience / Who Has Done An Interview Or Gotten A Job Since COVID-19 Started? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ceeman2o:

Chief with this salary range, you're better off around mainland areas close to ikoyi. Like Lagos mainland and surulere. Unless you choose sangotedo part of lekki Those side you can get self con from 600k aside agency fees. A room in a shared apartment in lekki phase one and 2 is from 1.5m (agency fees not included) above depending on estates. Flats are from 2m above. Ikoyi it's self cost more compared to lekki. Self con in ajah part of lekki cost from 750k without agency fees.

Self con around surulere and Lagos mainland LGA cost from 450k without agency fees.

So make your choice. If your salary isn't above 500k pls resist every urge to stay in lekki phase 1 and 2. Unless you don't have plans to have enough money.

bro 400 to 450k is my budget
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by bigseank(m): 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
Baba. Just go to the mainland. Somewhere close to ikoyi like ebutemetta, yaba, iponri. Places like that. You no fit afford ikoyi rent with ur salary. And even the kind traffic that would hold you if you are coming from some places on the island like lekki and ajah, Its not worth it.

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Ceeman2o: 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:

bro 400 to 450k is my budget

This can't afford any house at the island. Even far away sangotedo, you'll need above 500k aside agency fees. Even 400k aside agency fees wouldn't get you a decent self con at neighborhood mainland areas.. that amount is poor enough to get you a house within Lagos mainland town close to island.. that budget can only afford you face Me I face you one room apartment at shomolu,Yaba and surulere. As regards ikoyi proximity. Maybe you can go farther into Lagos mainland towns. Still such budget can't get you any self con even at mushin areas
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
esthel:
OP...take this advice especially Ebute Metta and Yaba then Surulere.....if you can get a shared apartment it will be better. Don't go and stay on the island, Ajah or after Ajah o, you will just be frustrated, the traffic is overwhelming.

hmmmm am so frustrated already not even as am not yet in Lagos, have heard allot about Lagos life seriously I don't like it, especially the traffic and how rent are so expensive, I should have stay back here in abj🤦 please where in Lagos are you staying
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ceeman2o:

This can't afford any house at the island. Even far away sangotedo, you'll need above 500k aside agency fees. Even 400k aside agency fees wouldn't get you a decent self con at neighborhood mainland areas.. that amount is poor enough to get you a house within Lagos mainland town close to island.

am just afraid of the traffic bro if not am ok with mainland for just main time

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Ceeman2o: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
esthel:
OP...take this advice especially Ebute Metta and Yaba then Surulere.....if you can get a shared apartment it will be better. Don't go and stay on the island, Ajah or after Ajah o, you will just be frustrated, the traffic is overwhelming.

In terms of traffic, coming to ikoyi from sangotedo/ajah is even better off. Just make sure you leave home before 7am. But coming from mainland to ikoyi, as early as 6am, the road and bridges had been heavily congested. Lekki-epe traffic always builds from around 8am unlike Mainland-island bridges. Take this from who plies this roads many times everyday
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Ceeman2o: 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:

You're just explaining your fears. The reality is your budget can't get you a house in ikoyi or lekki or ajah. Last time I looked for a house around Surulere, I couldn't see a self con less than 500k aside agency fees. The shit is real. We're just giving you advice, many people plying mainland to island everyday wouldn't want it but they can't afford the rent on island. So brace up. Even the 400_450k budget, you'll never get a house at the mainland areas with such. You'll need to about 700k to sort agency fees nd rent for a room self con. That amount can only get you a room face me I face you only with agency fees at Yaba and surulere. Thank you
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by BlackyOne: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:

above 200k

And you want to stay in Ikoyi abi grin cheesy

Is Tilumbu Lagos a joke to you?

Please join us in paying 350-500k for a room self in mainland joor, try Costain, Ebutte metta, surulere as your best bet... or wait till Obi fully take over Lagos so we can smile and buy houses in Lekki, Ikoyi and V.I

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by frozen70(f): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:
I will soon be relocating to Lagos, please can anyone tell me how expensive it is to rent apartment in Lagos, my office is in ikoyi and, I don't want to stay to far from my office, and how is life in Lagos like the traffic and all.
base on things I do hear about Lagos am worried already, I will be very grateful for any advise about life in Lagos, please don't mind my English

Lagos is a friendly and accommodating state

No matter the struggle you will still succeed

For feeding, you can get rice 150, Beans 100, Meat 100 good to eat

Since your office is at Ikoyi, look for accommodation in areas like Yaba, Akoka, Shomolu, Palm Grove, these are areas to get strait bus to the Island

As for the traffic, you will just join and fit in because you must experience it through and flow

You will meet the good, the bad and the worst set of people

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by thedarkened: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:

Since you mentioned that staying in the mainland is not an issue, then chose areas in the mailand that's a bit close to ikoyi, while you discipline yourself to wake up and leave home for work latest by 5 a.m everyday. Ceteris paribus, you will beat traffic everyday.

That's what I do.
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
frozen70:

I love this advice
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by esthel(f): 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ceeman2o:

In terms of traffic, coming to ikoyi from sangotedo/ajah is even better off. Just make sure you leave home before 7am. But coming from mainland to ikoyi, as early as 6am, the road and bridges had been heavily congested. Lekki-epe traffic always builds from around 8am unlike Mainland-island bridges. Take this from who plies this roads many times everyday
I beg to differ, i worked in VI and was coming from Sangotedo, it was he'll, if I haven't left my bus stop at 6am I'm late already.

I moved to Surulere with my aunt and it felt so much better. The stress reduced.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by esthel(f): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:

hmmmm am so frustrated already not even as am not yet in Lagos, have heard allot about Lagos life seriously I don't like it, especially the traffic and how rent are so expensive, I should have stay back here in abj🤦 please where in Lagos are you staying
I moved from Abuja to Lagos years back, my office was in VI and was coming from Sangotedo, I use to cry every morning. The change was drastic I regretted leaving Abj.

I work in Ikeja now and live in Kosofe LGA. Life is so much better.

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
[quote author=esthel post=121355677] I moved from Abuja to Lagos years back, my office was in VI and was coming from Sangotedo, I use to cry every morning. The change was drastic I regretted leaving Abj.

I work in Ikeja now and live in Kosofe LGA. Life is so much better.[/quot

same here too it's late already I would have try my best to remain in abj but it late already, I can't imagine myself in such situations Lagos wahala, traffic house rent and all🤦

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
esthel:
I moved from Abuja to Lagos years back, my office was in VI and was coming from Sangotedo, I use to cry every morning. The change was drastic I regretted leaving Abj.

please dear how much is rent in that ur kosofe
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
esthel:

please dear how much is rent in that ur kosofe nice apartment

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
thedarkened:

Since you mentioned that staying in the mainland is not an issue, then chose areas in the mailand that's a bit close to ikoyi, while you discipline yourself to wake up and leave home for work latest by 5 a.m everyday. Ceteris paribus, you will beat traffic everyday.

That's what I do.

ok that's sir

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
frozen70:

Lagos is a friendly and accommodating state

No matter the struggle you will still succeed

For feeding, you can get rice 150, Beans 100, Meat 100 good to eat

Since your office is at Ikoyi, look for accommodation in areas like Yaba, Akoka, Shomolu, Palm Grove, these are areas to get strait bus to the Island

As for the traffic, you will just join and fit in because you must experience it through and flow

😰 not yet in Lagos but started regretting already
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
BlackyOne:

And you want to stay in Ikoyi abi grin cheesy

Is Tilumbu Lagos a joke to you?

Please join us in paying 350-500k for a room self in mainland joor, try Costain, Ebutte metta, surulere as your best bet... or wait till Obi fully take over Lagos so we can smile and buy houses in Lekki, Ikoyi and V.I

sir is because I don't really know about Lagos and I wanted something easy for me that's why especially the traffic, if not that salary is a change nah
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ceeman2o:

You're just explaining your fears. The reality is your budget can't get you a house in ikoyi or lekki or ajah. Last time I looked for a house around Surulere, I couldn't see a self con less than 500k aside agency fees. The shit is real. We're just giving you advice, many people plying mainland to island everyday wouldn't want it but they can't afford the rent on island. So brace up. Even the 400_450k budget, you'll never get a house at the mainland areas with such. You'll need to about 700k to sort agency fees nd rent for a room self con. That amount can only get you a room face me I face you only with agency fees at Yaba and surulere. Thank you

haaaanawao so this Lagos talk nah true🤦
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by frozen70(f): 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:

😰 not yet in Lagos but started regretting already

A man never gets scared or regret things he has no knowledge of

You can turn down the offer, it's not a must
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by frozen70(f): 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
Crimpsy:
I love this advice

Thanks dear
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by lavylilly: 11:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cazzim:
I will soon be relocating to Lagos, please can anyone tell me how expensive it is to rent apartment in Lagos, my office is in ikoyi and, I don't want to stay to far from my office, and how is life in Lagos like the traffic and all.
base on things I do hear about Lagos am worried already, I will be very grateful for any advise about life in Lagos, please don't mind my English
You either stay in Ibeju-lekki axis or Iyana Oworo but budget about 300k annually for rental for self contained (the size of the apartment will be very small) don't make the mistake of staying in Lekki Phase 1 or 2, house rent na die.

A survey co ducted by Nigeria Stats says 67.3 % of people working on the island stay on the mainland, places like Bariga, Ketu, Berger, Ikotun, Ikorodu, Mile 2, Mushin to mention a few

In respect to traffic, be ready to be in traffic for hours and wake up as early as 5:00am if you stay on the island (Ibeju-lekki) but 6:00am if you will be residing in Iyana oworo.

As regards island we have the Ikoyi, VI and Oniru, the water there is better than the ones in Lekki, Maruwa, Ikate, some parts of Ibeju-lekki and VGC. Food is very expensive ensure the jobs pays above 250k so as to "survive" the Island.

The following eats into your salary
Food
Transportation (especially raining season)
Rent
Your social vices

Last bullet: Save save and save

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by lavylilly: 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
This is suicidal, how did you handle ven manage to keep your keep mental healh in check?
esthel:

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by lavylilly: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2023
dawnomike:
For proper advise, how much is the salary?
To save cost, consider getting an apartment around obalende to iyana owonro... rather than on the island
This place Is, please it just not worth it. No space as in abeg iyana oworo is better
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by lavylilly: 12:04am On Mar 01, 2023
Cazzim:
thanks bro,,, but just Wana stay close to office and also escape traffic to work and coming
Kazeem if you want to stay close to office. You will have to stay with the gate man. The closer the apartment to office the more expensive it is. The farther the apartment the cheaper the apartment.

1 Like

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 12:25am On Mar 01, 2023
lavylilly:
You either stay in Ibeju-lekki axis or Iyana Oworo but budget about 300k annually for rental for self contained (the size of the apartment will be very small) don't make the mistake of staying in Lekki Phase 1 or 2, house rent na die.

A survey co ducted by Nigeria Stats says 67.3 % of people working on the island stay on the mainland, places like Bariga, Ketu, Berger, Ikotun, Ikorodu, Mile 2, Mushin to mention a few

In respect to traffic, be ready to be in traffic for hours and wake up as early as 5:00am if you stay on the island (Ibeju-lekki) but 6:00am if you will be residing in Iyana oworo.

As regards island we have the Ikoyi, VI and Oniru, the water there is better than the ones in Lekki, Maruwa, Ikate, some parts of Ibeju-lekki and VGC. Food is very expensive ensure the jobs pays above 250k so as to "survive" the Island.

The following eats into your salary
Food
Transportation (especially raining season)
Rent
Your social vices

Last bullet: Save save and save

thanks sir really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2023
frozen70:

A man never gets scared or regret things he has no knowledge of

You can turn down the offer, it's not a must

your advise is not convinced at all, this not what I ask for why not ignore if u don't have something reasonable to type
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by lavylilly: 12:40am On Mar 01, 2023
Cazzim:

thanks sir Ma really appreciate
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 12:58am On Mar 01, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=121361513][/quote]

or sorry about that,
please can I have ur contact or email you,if you don't mind
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by lavylilly: 1:00am On Mar 01, 2023
Cazzim:

or sorry about that,
please can I have ur contact or email you,if you don't mind
drop yours
Re: I Have Gotten A Job And Am Relocating To Lagos, by Cazzim(m): 1:05am On Mar 01, 2023
lavylilly:
drop yours

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications / Any Ssce Job Vacancies In Portharcourt? / NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship, 2014- Let's meet again here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.