Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,599 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications (3822 Views)

Cv Writing! - Emphasis / Step-by-Step CV Writing for Entry Level (samples included) / Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by eddy2008(m): 6:54am On Sep 09, 2009
After letting your potential employers know who you are and the value you can add to their organization, the next thing they want to know is your educational qualifications so that they can find out whether you have the skills and necessary trainings required for the job.

You can honestly write your educational qualifications but it may appear as if you’re economical with the truth. To avoid this, spell out everything in believable terms starting from the most recent. To ensure maximum effectiveness, start from the most important item in the description of your educational qualifications.

Outline them this way:

◆ Name of the degree (spell it out, for example Bachelor of Science) and the name of the major (Equally spell it out, e.g. Accountancy)
◆ Class of degree
◆ Include the date
◆ Then the name of the university or institution
◆ Location of the institution

In your degree title, you can include information like minor and GPA (Grade Point Average) –that’s only if it will give you an edge or it is required.

Here is an example:

Bachelor of Science, Mass Communication (2001 – 2005)
University of Harvard, USA

Here is another example:

Bachelor of Science, Accounting (1999 - 2003)
Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
University of Lagos, Nigeria

Those are short, simple and believable.

Want to land your dream job in 14 days or less? Then get the FREE info on how to write outstanding, irresistible CVs plus application letters that never fails, quickly email: mycv@getresponse.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by etochi11(m): 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
eddy2008: After letting your potential employers know who you are and the value you can add to their organization, the next thing they want to know is your educational qualifications so that they can find out whether you have the skills and necessary trainings required for the job.

You can honestly write your educational qualifications but it may appear as if you’re economical with the truth. To avoid this, spell out everything in believable terms starting from the most recent. To ensure maximum effectiveness, start from the most important item in the description of your educational qualifications.

Outline them this way:

◆ Name of the degree (spell it out, for example Bachelor of Science) and the name of the major (Equally spell it out, e.g. Accountancy)
◆ Class of degree
◆ Include the date
◆ Then the name of the university or institution
◆ Location of the institution

In your degree title, you can include information like minor and GPA (Grade Point Average) –that’s only if it will give you an edge or it is required.

Here is an example:

Bachelor of Science, Mass Communication (2001 – 2005)
University of Harvard, USA

Here is another example:

Bachelor of Science, Accounting (1999 - 2003)
Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
University of Lagos, Nigeria

Those are short, simple and believable.

Want to land your dream job in 14 days or less? Then get the FREE info on how to write outstanding, irresistible CVs plus application letters that never fails, quickly email: mycv@getresponse.com
. Nic tips my man.. Pls can u help me wit d cv u re using lemi edit/proof-read and use as wel. Uetochi@yahoo.com. Tnks bro
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by ezekielolatunde: 8:56am On Mar 28, 2013
Nice tips and well arranged..pls kindly send me your cv template to edit for my use...ezekielolatunde@gmail.com
thanks and God bless
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by jatthobber(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
Pls, i need a template to. Tanks mi4u2nv@gmail.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Centalina: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
I need it as well.euchariajoseph@gmail.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Alonga: 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nice one,pls i need it,onovwedem@yahoo.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by ysquare(m): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2013
Nice work bros, pls i also Need the sample ay02raji@gmail.com thanks
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Akwusike: 8:15am On Mar 29, 2013
Beautiful wrk! Pls am in d same shoe wit d needy..'template me' (acanice@ymail.com)
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Ijeawele(m): 8:33am On Mar 29, 2013
Nice work bro.. Pls send me a template of ur cv. Manuel4luv39@yahoo.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Titony1(f): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2013
Nice one, kindly send a template of your CV to tolulope2276@yahoo.com. Tanx
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by petreli12: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
Pls kindly send a template to potentialdoctordapo@yahoo.com Thanks and God bless.
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by zub(m): 10:39am On Mar 30, 2013
plz i nid a template. Zubbie04@gmail.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by cosmy45: 10:43am On Mar 30, 2013
Pls i nid a template too cosmy45@gmail.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice work bro.. Pls send me a template of ur cv. I wud apprea8 immensly. nicenikky4real@yahoo.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
Guys, This post dated back 2009...But it is still very useful unfortunately, I will not be suprised if you do not get any response from the op. Anyway if you are interested, I can help review your CV (Free of charge). If you are interested send your CV to andrewbayode@gmail.com. I will send them (reviewed, with observations) back to you within 48hrs. Do not forget to indicate which position/role you are applying/aspiring for.

Kindly note the following

For every job application, there is a unique CV that matches that role hence your CV should not be generic. If your CV is generic, then it will not catch the attention of the recruiter because it is not different from what every other applicants have submitted. This means your CV is not doing its job - not securing you job interview. For your CV to be a "killer CV" One needs to have to special, unique and organized CV specially for the position being applied for.

Good luck!!!
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
Per the subject below is how I write my education (Directly from my CV)

2003-2007: X.X.X State Petroleum Technological University, X.X.X, Country.
Mechanical Engineering Faculty
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Oil and Gas processing Equipment and Machinery)
Final year project: Engineering design of Elemental Sulphur Production Unit.
Average Grade Point of Academics: 4.78/5.00 (First class)
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Uziehot(m): 5:47am On Mar 31, 2013
Uziehot@gmail.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
chuksdbasest@yahoo.com please send the template
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by youngdee168(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2013
Youngdee168@yahoo.com is my mail, tanx in anticipation.
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by chicago83(m): 9:23am On Apr 01, 2013
plz...i need it 2: folorunso_opeyemi@yahoo.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by olumzzz(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2013
Bros abeg me too...
akinyetunolumide@gmail.com
Re: Killer CV Writing: How To Write Believable Educational Qualifications by rooney11: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2013
Rasheedexpo@yahoo.com. I need it

(1) (Reply)

NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship, 2014- Let's meet again here / New Graduates Teaching In Lagos? - I Want To Bless You With 10,000 Naira / Joblink Nigeria***a Consulting Firm*** Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.