Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election (83032 Views)

INEC Planing To Doctor FCT Presidential Election Result – LP / Ireti Kingibe Of Labour Party Wins FCT Senatorial Election / Fct Presidential Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by David160(m): 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
The second person I'm not sure of.

I think it'll be Atiku.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Kelvin3476: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
FuckAnyFuckable:

Like he did during Biafra war...what's the usefulness of your flat head and compressed brain on earth anyway. We won't think twice before sending you to the same devil in Hell.

Jagaban is your next successful President.

F*ck all haters of the successful y'all f*cked for life.
THE NIGERIA NEEDED THE WESTERN MILITARY POWER TO CURTAIL THE IGBO.

WITHOUT WESTERN INTERFERENCE ALL THE NIGERIA CAN'T HANDLE US, NT TO TALK OF JUST THE YORUBA.
WE ARE GONNA IN THERE ON UR SOIL TO DEAL WITH U CONE HEADS.

THE ONLY NATION THAT FOUGHT ALL THE SUPER POWERS FOR 4YEARS IS BIAFRA. GET THAT IN UR EMPTY HEAD
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Steve0979(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
Will
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Mayhem1: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
TheRollingStone:
According to chatgpt

CoronaVirusRelo
FreeStuffsNG
Almiron
KingKO22
Islandlady
Wickedfacts

ipobarecriminals
Officialgarri
ElSudani
Moh247
Jack500
LILTJAY
igbotormentor
yarimo
seunmsg
sarrki
Oyin44
PandoraObi
Mccullum
VoteTinubu2023
Himtulie247
Garfield1
assholemods
YorubaSamurai
JAMO84
Benuejosh
Madridguy
lhordspy
ASAPFERG
BATified2023
yamiriflathead
BigBrother9ja

Una go cry blood by march 11th

#ObiIsComing
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by OLADD: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
nairamaniac:
not correct. FCT is counted amongst the states to be secured with 25%
Sometiing is wrong with your sensibility. The constitution says: 24 states AND FCT. It commonsensically and legally means you must secure 25% in FCT. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by magzey: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Not surprised ,who is Leading overall in Total , Labor Party Wins so No Rigging in ABUJA abi? BAT is a Master Strategistgrin grin

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by rickleye: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
00FFT00:

In a rerun, a candidate only requires a simple majority to emerge winner. It's in the constitution.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Ajisebioyolaari: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
ecnuel:

Click the link to the source of the information, he got 19%. Remember that other parties got scores not reported on the headline.
true
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Ifogift007: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
DantataIsMyGuy:
Igbos can only keep crying 🤣🤣😎😎😎
Foolish man... Igbos are the richest tribe in the whole world 🌎🌎...deal with it retarded bastard
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Dennixe001(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
SmartyPants:

Lol. Err can I help you??

Not that I owe you an explanation but do note:

1. I comment on topics that interest me.

2. It is obvious what the law says about electronic transmission. Has anyone here debated it? All that is left now is to go to Court. Are you waiting for me to comment before your party goes to Court?

3. If you want a legal opinion then get your lazy butt up, walk into a Chambers and pay the legal fees.

Are you even educated at all? To tell you the truth it's people like you Bill Gates is trying to kill off with his gmo's. Complete waste of oxygen.

I am a court registrar and I am 100% sure this is a sweet case for any lawyer to handle for Obi.

Get your popcorn and watch events unfold. Obi knows how to reclaim every stolen mandate. Ask any Anambra man.

I don't need to reply your insults, I know your ilks.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by wegevv: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
LordAdam16:

I don't think there will be a run off.

No President has failed to get 25% in the FCT. So this legal dispute has never cropped up before. But the Courts can interpret it any way they choose. Since the Tinubu camp seems to hold sway in the Judiciary, they should get a favorable disposition. He got 25%+ in more than 25 states.

That said, if some states are canceled, we might head to a run off, regardless of judgment.

Unfortunately, the law is also not clear on who goes to runoff. The Aso Rock cabal and powerful Northern and Southern interests will want it to be between APC and PDP. But the APC camp will want it to be between APC and LP. Obi will sweep the South and part of NC, but the core North will vote Tinubu en masse. Not even Atiku can convince them to vote Obi. That's when you'll start seeing 1.5m votes from each Northern state, although the South can play that game as well.

-Lord

Let's be clear though. There is only one English language interpretation of the constitution. There should be a runoff

But it is not beyond APC to rig that too

Anyone but APC ❤️

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Jackbaur88: 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
How manage did Tinubu get up to 90K votes in the Fct? This is not possible, Obi has over 80% in the Fct

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Tradman: 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
DantataIsMyGuy:
Igbos can only keep crying 🤣🤣😎😎😎
that is one of the demented goat in nigeria
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Saidfx(m): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
Midehi3:
As far as many people are concerned, there was no election, they just deceived people to vote when they already have the next fixed president

Lolz, like I told my neighbor that have developed high bp since saturday.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by magzey: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
Midehi3:
As far as many people are concerned, there was no election, they just deceived people to vote when they already have the next fixed president
So the Obidients never Vote na so Dem win Abuja, plateau,Enugu, Lagos ,Nasarawa? You people are sick and clown grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by hdrifter11: 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
kingsways:
Lagos and Abuja represents the diversity of Nigeria

Obi is the winner of the election

Don't drink early in the morning you will no hear
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by IbileIfe: 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
Skankamola:

Obidense people wont get it.
Most of them are RE-TAR-DED.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by magzey: 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:
Tinubu fails to get 25% in FCT
That's all he want 32% no be small thing grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by lebienconnu: 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Again, Falana has no reference that he can quote because it has never happened in 23 years since the constitution of 1999.

Only the supreme court can clarify this law. Not Falana. You gerrit?

Okay.

Against all odds Emi Lo kan.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Cooleasy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Section 134 of the Constitution provides as follows:

(1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates for the election –

(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for the election-

For the purpose of understanding it more clearly, does it mean that, since the candidates in this election are more than 2, only section 134 subsection 2 is now legally applicable in this scenario?

Please kindly throw more light on this.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by magzey: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
hdrifter11:

Don't drink early in the morning you will no hear
Tell the PitObi Unchins they don't know Election and political Arithmetic grin grin grin

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by SmartyPants(m): 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
Dennixe001:

I am a court registrar and I am 100% sure this is a sweet case for any lawyer to handle for Obi.

Get your popcorn and watch events unfold. Obi knows how to reclaim every stolen mandate. Ask any Anambra man.

I don't need to reply your insults, I know your ilks.

You're a silly man actually. You came at me with your nonsense curses and now talking about insults. lol.

Well, that wasn't an insult - you don't seem like someone who has found his purpose in life at your big age--which explains why you spend your days attacking people you don't know on Nairaland in the name of one man's ambition--so why use up our precious oxygen?

Anyway, as for Mr. Obi, if indeed his mandate was stolen I wish him all the best in the Courts.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by rhymesnoni(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
What i bolded in your comment is not in the constitution there's no and/or.

And FCT. It's really really simple.

We've never had cause to test this law since OBJ took over in 23 years. No leading aspirant has fallen short. Even Buhari did not fall short even though he lost to atiku.

I'm really excited to see how it plays out.

We are watching...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by nnewsnjobs: 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
grandlexuz:

That is not the position of the law Sir. It is says 25% in 36 states + FCT. Meaning if you have 25% in 23 states plus 25% in FCT you considered as 24.

You need 25% in FCT to be declared winner.
The reason is that, as the president, FCT is directly under you, so you need to be presume accepted in FCT by scoring at least 25% of the vote casted. This was done to ensure that the president who will be appointing minister to see to the affair of the FCT was fairly accepted during the election by scoring 25% of the total votes casted.

Anyway we await what INEC will do, funny thing is that no body has ever bother to ask the INEC chairman this particular question.

All the lawyers I watched on television interpreting this section, they have always maintain that you must score 25% in FCT to be declared winner.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Treadway: 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kelvin3476:

MORE THAN 30% BRO.
10% TO 200K EQUALS 20,000 , 20% EQUALS 40,000 VOTES AND 25% EQUALS 50,000 VOTES WHILE HE RIGGED OVER 90K VOTES
25% of total votes cast. Go and look at the figure of the total votes cast for Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Midehi3(f): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
magzey:

So the Obidients never Vote na so Dem win Abuja, plateau,Enugu, Lagos ,Nasarawa? You people are sick and clown grin grin
Check your comment now and see you are the clown

pls avoid my post if you are senseless
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Divit(m): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
00FFT00:

You talk like an illiterate. Read your constitution if you can understand what it says.
You’re actually the confused idiot here.
25% in at least each of the two third state in the republic including the fct means
You have to meet 25% requirement anywhere in nigeria without one state being mandatory. It can include the fct and it may not. As long as you met the
25% in at least 24 states (which Abuja can be among), you’re good to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by OLADD: 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

For this purpose Abuja is seen as a state hence Nigeria have 37 states

Have 25% in 2/3 of the above 37 and you are good to go
24 states AND Fct. Simple english.
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Vickho: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
DKM123:

Hahahahahhaha!!! LMAO!
Eyaaaa! Miserable man Vickho aka
dick-hoe... grin

So your mates are out there hustling and being real men doing Odogwu plus dorime wonders out there and being proud sons of thier father but you have decided that your LIFE AMBITION is to troll a young lady on nairaland whom you don't and will never know with s£x puss¥ fvvuk cos that and smoking weed is all you dream of in your sad life.

Can a man be more pathetic than this? Shame!

I want to feel pity for the l0wlife of a man you are but naaaaa, YOU DESERVE TO D!E A PH00LISH M!SERABLE SORRY EXCUSE OF A MAN.

PS: You should have gone through my profile to know that I am the least person to tr0ll on nairaland cos I OBVIOUSLY DO NOT GIVE A FVUCK ABOUT BEING SEEN AS A GOOD GIRL ON THIS SPACE.... cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
you don buy market from my hand and I go soon reason your matter for this forum.
Just pray I don't get your details if not this forum go tire you.
You wey dorime boys don use iPhone 14 take use you?
You no get womb as you dey so and you're a dead woman walking, I pity your unfortunate husband wey go marry you after accepting the useless no sex till wedding night not knowing Yahoo boys don sacrifice your Toto give ogun.
I will deal with you on this forum.
Shameless Obi supporter
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by FatherOfJesus: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
A runoff will decide
Re: Peter Obi Wins FCT Presidential Election by Divit(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

You need 25% in FCT to be declared winner.
The reason is that, as the president, FCT is directly under you, so you need to be presume accepted in FCT by scoring at least 25% of the vote casted. This was done to ensure that the president who will be appointing minister to see to the affair of the FCT was fairly accepted during the election by scoring 25% of the total votes casted.

Anyway we await what INEC will do, funny thing is that no body has ever bother to ask the INEC chairman this particular question.

All the lawyers I watched on television interpreting this section, they have always maintain that you must score 25% in FCT to be declared winner.
Oshey, attairu jega from Ohio grin
Oversabi🤡

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits Asiwaju Bola Tinubu In London (Photos) / Labour Party Wins Presidential Villa Polling Unit / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.