Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana (78512 Views)

Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / Arrest, Prosecute Police Officers Who Brutalised NLC President – Falana To IGP / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by BigBrother9ja: 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
DrChukki:

God put your father to shame
Lol
Mumu
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by internet: 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
ElSudani:

What the law says basically is that, for example if you score 25% of 23 states and also in the FCT you also have 25% then you have met the constitutional requirement. Also if you score 25% in 24 other states it doesn't matter whether or not you have 25% in the FCT, you have also met the requirements.
The FCT would only count as a state for the purpose of the election.
if a candidate wins 25% in 23 states and 25% in fct, that candidate would not be declared winner because the law is very clear. 23 states plus fct is not 24 states. Fct is not a state even in the law. The law is very clear. 3 requirements to become president. (1) win majority of the total valid votes cast.
(2)25% of valid votes cast in 24 states out of 36 states(2/3) (3)25% of valid votes cast in the fct. No twisting of the law. Ask yourself one qst, why did falana came out immediately to make such speech?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by MYMINDER(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to thank my fellow Nigerian Christians for voting massively for the candidate with the Muslim/Muslim ticket. This election has proven that we Christians and our Muslim brothers are one. Peter Obi tried to divide us by running a religious campaign but we Christians stood our ground and rejected him. May God continue to bless we Christians and Muslims for bringing this renewed Hope to our great country sad

Tou are a characterless Nigerian. Conscience to the dogs. You will.die one day. Think of what you are sowing

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by BigBrother9ja: 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
Djele:
God punish you for calling his name
Lol
Frustrated pained loser
God punish you and your GENERATION

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Everlastingson: 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to thank my fellow Nigerian Christians for voting massively for the candidate with the Muslim/Muslim ticket. This election has proven that we Christians and our Muslim brothers are one. Peter Obi tried to divide us by running a religious campaign but we Christians stood our ground and rejected him. May God continue to bless we Christians and Muslims for bringing this renewed Hope to our great country sad

Stop lying you Islamic hypocrite. Light and darkness are not one.

2 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by internet: 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
ElSudani:

My question again to you is if for example you won all the states in the federation with 80% of but failed to make 25% in the FCT and I as your sole opponent won the FCT with 80% of the votes, what happens then?
Will the election be canceled?
yes it will be cancelled. Fct is compulsory.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Everlastingson: 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:

Stop lying you Islamic hypocrite. Light and darkness are not one. You think that Tinubu will rule this country? You're going to see what will happen. But if you don't want to see it that's you're business.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by FarahAideed: 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
Wickedfacts:

There's already a Supreme Court decision on this matter.

Obidients are very dumb.

@Farahaideed, LP gummed body with PDP to hold a joint Press conference after splitting each other's votes. I think those Obidients are under a curse.

Just imagine 😡😡 after installing Muslim Muslim Ticket and setting a precedence for the the oppression of Nigerians Christian in National politics
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by juman(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
The ipob, the 5% people you don't hear.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by deji17: 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonnie10:

For you to gain admission to Nigeria universities you must have credit in 5 subjects AND INCLUDING maths and English O levels.
If you like score A1 in all other 7 subjects, without those two, you are going nowhere.
No where in the constitution that you must have 25% in Abuja. No constitution conferred that special status on Abuja.
If they conduct that election 100 times, Obi will still not win.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Dandas: 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:

hey, speak for yourself and yours. What do you know about religion, and where do you live in Nigeria. I don't think you are a true Christian, having internet does not give you right to spit nonsense and write about Christianity that you don't know anything about. Whoever becomes Nigerians president is not my problem. We all want fairness and honesty with the election..I'm from Kaduna, born in Plateau state, lived more than 15 years in Imo state and also live about 10 years in lagos not to talk of other states have you had the opportunity to live in among tribes and culture?
Find time to read and know about your country and religion....

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by soojar(m): 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

Actually the court ruled in support of 12 and not 13 and it's reason Shehu Shagari won the case. Your claims are flawed.

What's the flaw sir? Shagari won 12 states out of 19 and 2/3 of 19 states is supposed to be 12.666.

The court ruled that 12 is sufficient if they consider the number of actual people that voted and getting 2/3 of that.

I am saying the court affirmed the 12 states he won which made Awo to claim he was given extra state to make 13, since you can't actually get the 12.666 state to make the exact 2/3 of 19

We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by dadalicious: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
Lol

OSŪS thought winning Lagos and Abuja is enough for you to be sworn in as president cheesy

I'm so happy God put them to shame grin grin grin

We taught them and those few brainwashed mofos ọmọ ale jatijati that, being TOXIC, ABUSIVE AND AGGRESSIVE doesn't win election cheesy
Are you proud of winning through rigging
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Willie2015: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
casualobserver:

That’s why you people who are not taught history are disadvantaged. Same thing happened in 1979 and precedent was set. it was determined by the Supreme Court that you will need to get 25% of 2/3rds of the vote in the 25th state. This is legal precedent.

Are you sure about this?
Recall the Shagari v Awolowo's 1983 court case.
The court favored Shagari and claimed 2/3 of 19 states was 12 and not 13.
This is the legal precedent..
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Broveens42(m): 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
ElSudani:

We are not mad people.

But the provision that gave rise to our mad reactions seem crazier
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Nyne: 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2023
AroleOduduwa2:
You need 25% there though, that's the interpretation of the law. The Federal Capital Territory (FCT), is the capital territory of Nigeria, and it is in this territory that the capital city of Abuja is located. The FCT is not a state but is administered by elected officials who are supervised by the federal government.

I think Buhari set us all up, they will definitely form an interim government while there is a rerun.

No be only rerun. Na recrawl you go see.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Broveens42(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
ElSudani:

Why not just conduct the election only in the FCT alone?
What is the point then of conducting election in the states and not just the FCT?

Why not just say 25% in 25 states. What's the point mentioning a name

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Rankine(m): 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election *in each* of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

The phrase *in each* for me captures two or more factors which must be met or considered
Which means it must be in each of
a. 2/3 of the 36 states and (the word and means non can be neglected)
b FCT.
Anyway, it's left for the lawyers
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by demoBaba: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Winning FCT Not Requirement To Emerge President – Falana

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/01/24/winning-fct-not-requirement-to-emerge-president-falana/amp/

Did Bihari win Fct in 2019?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by mightycrownnyme: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
we are going there live

AWALOKAN
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by WelcomeToBiafra: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
Did they restructured Nigeria by finally and secretly announcing fct as state, without the votes of Nigerians?

Thanks for whistle blowing.

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by casualobserver: 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
Willie2015:

Are you sure about this?
Recall the Shagari v Awolowo's 1983 court case.
The court favored Shagari and claimed 2/3 of 19 states was 12 and not 13.
This is the legal precedent..

Yes I am sure what the court said was that Shagari won 12 states AND 25% in 2/3rds of the 13th state. The Supreme Court at the time did specify that it should not be take. As legal orecedent

See link:

https://thenationonlineng.net/akinjides-12-2-3-moniker/

In any event Apc has 26 states and neither PDP or Labour have even the 24 states.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by BigBrother9ja: 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
dadalicious:

Are you proud of winning through rigging
Like you people rigged Lagos election, right?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Kelvin3476: 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
Lol

OSŪS thought winning Lagos and Abuja is enough for you to be sworn in as president cheesy

We taught them and those few brainwashed mofos ọmọ ale jatijati that, being TOXIC, ABUSIVE AND AGGRESSIVE doesn't win election cheesy
Skull minning terrorists thought that the only way to power is by thuggery, rigging and shading of blood.

i pray that if this government brings good, let his fellowers and regions get the best of it .
but if its bad let them enjoy the worst of it.

thats if he is sworn in as the president come may.

say a big AMEN ?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Gilgil: 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Rerun.

Only way to change it is to ammend the constitution as regards this section.

But as far as that law is exists, that's what it is.

ElSudani:

So what happens if I win in all the states in the federation and failed to win 25% in Abuja. But you are my opponent and you won 80% of the votes in the FCT?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Willie2015: 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
casualobserver:

Yes I am sure what the court said was that Shagari won 12 states AND 25% in 2/3rds of the 13th state. The Supreme Court at the time did specify that it should not be take. As legal orecedent

See link:

https://thenationonlineng.net/akinjides-12-2-3-moniker/

In any event Apc has 26 states and neither PDP or Labour have even the 24 states.

Thks for the link

We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by zrocky: 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
Christian voted a man with dementia to be his president. Your are a disgrace. You for cucu vote blind man
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Metrofox(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
mymadam:
Oga Falana, please educate them wella. They need it badly. Thank you 👏🏽

So you expect people to sit down quietly after the blatant show of shame using tipex and canceling with biro done on all the election forms. Nigerians are you shaved abi?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by byteem: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

Collation is still on going. When it is done, he will be declared.

In your.dreams
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by ElSudani: 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gilgil:
Rerun.

Only way to change it is to ammend the constitution as regards this section.

But as far as that law is exists, that's what it is.

There's something known as the "Intention of the drafters" The Supreme Court will break it down to you if you want to drag it to the Supreme Court.
I don't think it will go that far. Tinubu is duly elected.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by ManOfSon: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
Then it will come to pass that after baba wey no well was declared winner and sworn in as President of Africa's most populous nation, he proceeded to urinate on himself in public as his first order of business!

BigBrother9ja:
Lol

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by drimzsmoke(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
Broveens42:

Why not just say 25% in 25 states. What's the point mentioning a name

Bros,I want you to pay attention cause I won’t repeat myself....
We have 36 states + the FCT
The FCT is not a state,so you can’t say 25states.If you say 25 states,that automatically leaves out the FCT.In other to include the FCT,you say 24 states and the FCT!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Meet Fabian Obi, Peter Obi’s Elder Brother Who Is A Catholic Priest / Sunday Igboho Apprehends Soldiers, Accuse FG Of Spying On Him (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Mobbed In Germany By IPOB Members After Meeting. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.