Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana (78483 Views)

Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / Arrest, Prosecute Police Officers Who Brutalised NLC President – Falana To IGP / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Anakazo22: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
Lol

OSŪS thought winning Lagos and Abuja is enough for you to be sworn in as president cheesy

I'm so happy God put them to shame grin grin grin

Are you not ashamed to be talking... who thought obi will floor tinubu in Lagos with a party they say has no structure. You should be ashamed of yourself for spilling this rubbish. You choose a drug addict over an honest man same way the multitude choose Barnabas( a notorious thief) over Jesus Christ.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Goddyrichie(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to thank my fellow Nigerian Christians for voting massively for the candidate with the Muslim/Muslim ticket. This election has proven that we Christians and our Muslim brothers are one. Peter Obi tried to divide us by running a religious campaign but we Christians stood our ground and rejected him. May God continue to bless we Christians and Muslims for bringing this renewed Hope to our great country sad
keep deceiving yourself u think d Muslims like we Christians abi go to d north u will see what I’m talking about even Christmas time an Alfa post on his WhatsApp status that no Muslims should celebrate d Christmas with us that it’s haram u can even see d killings urself on d internet in d north killing d Christians calling Jesus a fake prophet I don’t think you’re a true born again Christian as u say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Fmghewzy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
SaiOba:
Oh, so OBIdients won Lagos and Abuja with their structureLESS party?

Look at the pictures you are pointing out.

What exactly are you trying to say.

Those are two different results na.

Can't you see that the others are different as well
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Heavensent01(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

You're missing the bone of contention.
We are looking at the possibility of a rerun.
Do you need to compulsorily have 25% of FCT in particular to be declared a winner?

there is no rerun, rerun only happen when inec declare some polling units or LGAs inconclusive

maybe you mean run off illiterate people of Biafra

Peter obi couldn't give you monkeys education because education is not meant for the poor

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by EmekaA125(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
GeneralPula:

25% in at least 24 states, + FCT..
25% in at least 24 states, and FCT..

There is a diff between those 2 up. Interpret properly and you’ll have your answer..
So from your interpretation, is FCT compulsory??
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by FatherOfJesus: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

In simple terms please, what's your opinion?
24 states plus FCT compulsorily or 25 random states of the 37 states.
sincerely, Falana did not resolve the issue of 25% in Abuja.

He only talked about winning, you don't have to win Abuja to get 25%.

The constitution said the winner needs to score "25% in 2/3 of the states in the federation and FCT"

It's different from "the winner needs to score 25% in 2/3 of the states of the federation INCLUDIND the FCT"

The person that wrote that part of the constitution didn't carefully choose the right words

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by FatherOfJesus: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
EmekaA125:

yes, according to what the constitution says. It is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Redhot0007: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
The so called SAN does not know the difference between "and" and "including ". So daft.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Godwin4444: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
FarahAideed:

Was he among the drafters of the electoral act to know the full intent of that confusing clause ?

We need the supreme court to interpret this
falana na SAN ooo

Hope u know

These are d same people that will defend anything they say in court to a large extent, so he knows better before talking

A SAN can’t say what he can’t defend
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Why should Abuja even be a prerequisite for winning election? Doesn't make sense
The sad.easts wont agree with you
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Integrafamoo: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:
But the 2/3 of 37 states is not a whole number. undecided
Or simply put, it's 25% of 25 states as against the popular 24 states?
It is 25. No controversy
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by GeneralPula: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
EmekaA125:

No, it’s not..
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Goke7: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
Has FCT been called sef at the INEC headquarters
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Aboguede(m): 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

4 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by tesppidd: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
DarkPheonix:

How can you not have over 25% of votes in a decentralize place like FCT and want to claim you won the election? Your acceptance in FCT shows that the people all over the country believe in you.
Anyone can easily go to their corner and pull anyhow numbers votes but you need to replicate it in FCT.
lol

Still makes no sense.

You have already won 36 states made up of all tribes and religions.

What in the name of Zeus' butthole do you need FCT for.?

😁

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by EmekaA125(m): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
bewla:
è ma sé ba wón ja ibó ni é di oooooo

We move
Awon oti ya werey gbogboyin.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Danisaint112(m): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
BigBrother9ja:

Yes
And they still lost the seat because of their lack of structure grin grin cheesy
Is God not wonderful undecided

You mean structure of thuggery, vote buying, criminality, and rigging and the likes.
History will never be kind to you all enforcers and reinforcers of failures.

2 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by blakkydikky(m): 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
Obrigardo:

You didn't have to refer to a group of people like that. There are better words you could use.

It's sad that nairaland moderators have essentially taken a break.

This should warrant your account and IP ban but I'm sorry that the mods might not take action.... Sorry, don't mind him, he should have used nyamiri flat head instead.

Cc: Mynd44?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Buckeyemedia1: 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
mymadam:

The 1983 Presidential Election comes to mind... The Shehu Shagari vs Obafemi Awolowo fiasco. It is well 🙌🏽
1983 or 1979? I believe 1983 it was an overwhelmingly victory for the ruling party after the rigging of the elections by Npn, now pdp?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
This man will be supporting the government and APC while his son will be deceiving gullible Nigerians that he's opposed to bad leadership.
Awon overwise family
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by EmekaA125(m): 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
obedience4:
I am Bewildered that people are arguing this
We always says we have 36 states AND the fct
What the law is saying is that the fct although not a state show been given a statehood during elections
Thus making it a state..
There is no special thing about the fct that one has to win it.
You don't have to win it but must get 25% there. Buhari got in 2015 and 2019.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by koning: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
If not that prof. Nwabueze is too old now he is the only one I will listen to in this issue

A renowned constitutional lawyer.

The Supreme Court has to clarify this clause.

Is it 25% plus FCT. Or 25% and FCT.

Wahala dey ooo.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Intrepid01(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
@NothingDoMe this is what I was talking about. It is never a requirement .
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Egoat(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
Heavensent01:

maybe you mean run off illiterate people of Biafra

Peter obi couldn't give you monkeys education because education is not meant for the poor
Do you know what makes you stupid? Yoruba ni mi, mi o ki n'she omo nna.
Na you and your ancestors be monkey.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by NawaForThisLife(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
Lol

OSŪS thought winning Lagos and Abuja is enough for you to be sworn in as president cheesy

I'm so happy God put them to shame grin grin grin

What are you being happy for bros??
For another APC or another sick president for 8 years?
Smh

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by FatherOfJesus: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
falana na SAN ooo

Hope u know

These are d same people that will defend anything they say in court to a large extent, so he knows better before talking

A SAN can’t say what he can’t defend
many San have different interpretations.

Falana doesn't know what he's saying because he didn't address the 25% thing. He only talked about winning.

The constitution did not say you have to win Abuja, you do not have to. It says you have to get 25% there. Falana didn't address that
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Buckeyemedia1: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
koning:
If not that prof. Nwabueze is too old now he is the only one I will listen to in this issue

A renowned constitutional lawyer.

The Supreme Court has to clarify this clause.

Is it 25% plus FCT. Or 25% and FCT.

Wahala dey ooo.
Any interpretation that favors APC is what they will adopt.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Ogahp: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to thank my fellow Nigerian Christians for voting massively for the candidate with the Muslim/Muslim ticket. This election has proven that we Christians and our Muslim brothers are one. Peter Obi tried to divide us by running a religious campaign but we Christians stood our ground and rejected him. May God continue to bless we Christians and Muslims for bringing this renewed Hope to our great country sad
you are not what you claimed to be, you are a satanic cailbal of people claiming to be Christian

2 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by NothingDoMe: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Intrepid01:
I read what Falana said even before today. My points below still stand:

1. Section 299 says Abuja should be treated as if it were a state. Not that Abuja is a state.

2. This law(134) has never been tested in 23 years so Falana has no reference point.

3. Section 299 does not overwrite Section 134. If it did there would be references in the law linking them both together.

4. Even if Abuja is now a state according to 299, it doesn't change 134. As long as 134 still says :"and FCT" then that is the law.

5. It is not INEC's job to argue about the law but follow it as it is written. The Supreme Court interpetes the law not Falana.

This is why I earlier said that APC should have gotten an interpretation of the law before the elections. Falana decided that 299 overwrites 134 but it doesnt work like that. He has no right to change the law. Only the Supreme Court has the jurisdiction over this matter.

Intrepid01

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by FatherOfJesus: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Intrepid01:
you don't have to win Abuja, you have to get 25% there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Mobbed In Germany By IPOB Members After Meeting. Photos / 'Thanks': Wike’s Response To Atiku’s Congratulatory Message / Mc Tagwaye Shakes President Buhari, As DSS Reacts (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.