Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections (2176 Views)

Katsina LP Presidential Campaign Coordinator Calls Obi "Supreme Monkey" / Peter Obi's Trip To Epypt: Nigerians Hail LP Presidential Candidate / Peter Obi Or Sampson Uchenna Charles: Who Is LP's Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by EdoBoy90(m): 11:52am On Feb 28, 2023
In an election, there is always a winner and loser. If there are irregularities in an election, the court is where such can be determined. Anyone who is not satisfied, he or she should go to the Court to challenge the authenticity of the results announced. Com. Adams Oshiomhole went to the court in 2007 when he was rigged out during the election and he won his case at the Court of Appeal.

There is no election is that 100% free, fair and credible in the world not even the United States of American Elections. But this Nigerian Presidential Election held on February 25, 2023, when compared to previous elections, I think we have improved. Although, more work needs to be done to ensure Nigerians can implement electronic voting across board even at your home, you can still cast your vote. For us to get it right and choose the right leaders to govern Nigeria, 80% of Nigerians need education. When you educate the people, you reduce electoral malpractices. Poverty and hunger are one of the causes of vote buying. This can be reduced when we have an industrialized economy mainly on production, mechanized agriculture and manufacturing.

I will highlight reasons why Mr. Peter Obi loses the election. He has the character, competence and integrity to lead us but these aforementioned are not enough to coast home to victory. There were lapses some of us saw from afar but when we raised them, we were knocked off and said it doesn't matter. Everyone is not like you and they can't think same way like you. Tribalism, religion, money and formidable team determined elections in Nigeria.

Reasons why he lose the election.

1. Running Mate: His running mate, the Vice Presidential Candidate, Mr. Datti Baba-Ahmed has zero electoral value in the North. Elections in Nigeria isn't by how eloquent or educated you are but how valuable you are electorally. It requires some level of ruggedity.

2. Low Penetration in the North: He couldn't penetrate the Northern part of Nigeria deeply. His foot soldiers couldn't do a lot of job for him in the North. Obidients would have started massive campaigns from the North not even from the South. Some of them thought winning Abuja and Lagos States will make one a President of Nigeria.

3. No structures and Alliances: Structures aren't stones but humans. Some people call it team or foot soldiers. Sometimes, having house of rep members, senators and Governors matter a lot. You need them especially in places you can't reach. Target the bigwigs in the North. Reaching out to traditional rulers matter a lot. They would set up a structure in the North which they failed to do. Everyone is not like you, this was a wrong assumption from Obidients. They will help you to constantly speak with the people. Allover the world, you need alliances and structures to achieve your goals in life. The US and Israel build Alliances and Structures for the future. In our places of work, we build a formidable team. This brings unity and rebirth new ideas on how to overcome hurdles.

4. Not Enough Agents across the 176,974 polling units in Nigeria. You need your party agents. Some of these agents from other political parties might not work for you. After having the required agents, if other party agents want to work with you, then it is fine.

I must commend the Presidential Candidate of LP, Mr. Peter Obi, he has set a new precedent. I think this should be improved upon subsequently.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE INCOMING PRESIDENT AFTER THE SUPREME COURT FINAL VERDICT.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Plus10(m): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2023
He didn't loss the election...he actually won squarely, The court will correct the mess !

25 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2023
Garbage

Who has ever won Abuja and Lagos then lost in a presidential race?

18 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Midehi3(f): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2023
Just see the trash you just wrote up there

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by kelvine(m): 11:57am On Feb 28, 2023
Interesting
I will sit hear only to read comments.
Don't worry about my own comments
Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by spearman(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
Nobody want Ibo. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by surgical: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
Plus10:
He didn't loss the election...he actually won squarely, The court will correct the mess !
Nigerian can not do this it's impossible, the same court that gave IMO to uzodinma,thesame Court that awarded yobe to lawan, the same court that gave akwaibo senatorial seat to akpabio, even if you have the most flawless evidence, they will use technicalities to give judgement so forget it once it becomes a court case

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Slynation(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
In as much as some of the points you highlighted are spot on, if this election was allowed to flow without distortions from external parties...Obi would have won before 1pm on Saturday!! While the LP were busy uploading results sheet of there respective polling units, APC where busy changing the results and the nonsense is what Mahmood is calling on national TV...

I will just advise my Igbo brothers to maintain peace and tranquility nationwide and shun whatever protests anybody/entity is trying to breed because when the stage is set, they will blame it on Igbos trying to burn down Nigeria( It's very easy to blame an Igbo man for anything because they are everywhere). It's a set up and I hope they listen instead of joining whatever tribe to ignite violence that will and surely backfire.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by abobote: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
He only lost to rigging and thuggery

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by abobote: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
spearman:
Nobody want Ibo. Simple.
Including Lagos where Obi won, despite the rigging of Tinubu and his thugs

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Chemlite: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
No. 3 and 4 points very valid. That was my fear. Even if he wins with no agent, it can be manipulated.

We need credible, free and fair election.

Well, the bottom line is: Obi surpassed my expectations.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by tolexy007(m): 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
I agree with you, On that his Vice, that Datti is too light feather, he contribute nothing, to gain supports. but I dove my hat for Obi and Nigerians Youths. nobody can ever believe that The Man can win that number of states.

if The Election is 90 transparent, the vote the guy will pull will b more than this, though he may not win due to North factor, but the man earn my respect

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by LUAN1: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
EdoBoy90:
In an election, there is always a winner and loser. If there are irregularities in an election, the court is where such can be determined. Anyone who is not satisfied, he or she should go to the Court to challenge the authenticity of the results announced. Com. Adams Oshiomhole went to the court in 2007 when he was rigged out during the election and he won his case at the Court of Appeal.

There is no election is that 100% free, fair and credible in the world not even the United States of American Elections. But this Nigerian Presidential Election held on February 25, 2023, when compared to previous elections, I think we have improved. Although, more work needs to be done to ensure Nigerians can implement electronic voting across board even at your home, you can still cast your vote. For us to get it right and choose the right leaders to govern Nigeria, 80% of Nigerians need education. When you educate the people, you reduce electoral malpractices. Poverty and hunger are one of the causes of vote buying. This can be reduced when we have an industrialized economy mainly on production, mechanized agriculture and manufacturing.

I will highlight reasons why Mr. Peter Obi loses the election. He has the character, competence and integrity to lead us but these aforementioned are not enough to coast home to victory. There were lapses some of us saw from afar but when we raised them, we were knocked off and said it doesn't matter. Everyone is not like you and they can't think same way like you. Tribalism, religion, money and formidable team determined elections in Nigeria.

1. Running Mate: His running mate, the Vice Presidential Candidate, Mr. Datti Baba-Ahmed has zero electoral value in the North. Elections in Nigeria isn't by how eloquent or educated you are but how valuable you are electorally. It requires some level of ruggedity.

2. Low Penetration in the North: He couldn't penetrate the Northern part of Nigeria deeply. His foot soldiers couldn't do a lot of job for him in the North. Obidients would have started massive campaigns from the North not even from the South.

3. No structures and Alliances: Structures aren't stones but humans. Some people call it team or foot soldiers. Sometimes, having house of rep members, senators and Governors matter a lot. You need them especially in places you can't reach. They will help you to constantly speak with the people. Allover the world, you need alliances and structures to achieve your goals in life. The US and Israel build Alliances and Structures for the future. In our places of work, we build a formidable team. This brings unity and rebirth new ideas on how to overcome hurdles.

4. Not Enough Agents across the 176,974 polling units in Nigeria. You need your party agents. Some of these agents from other political parties might not work for you. After having the required agents, if other party agents want to work with you, then it is fine.

I must commend the Presidential Candidate of LP, Mr. Peter Obi, he has set a new precedent. I think this should be improved upon subsequently.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE INCOMING PRESIDENT AFTER THE SUPREME COURT FINAl VERDICT.
you are right, bro. To me we have too much illiterate electorates, people were not able to Identify balot paper, people were just thumbprinting for house members who ua popular in their area, like in my village, people wanted Obi for president, and a candidate for ypp for house of rep., But the older women were just thumbprinting for ypp all through.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Iamgrey5(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
Garbage

Did we ever have a three way presidential election before since 1999?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Did we ever have a three way presidential election before since 1999?

Stop writing nonsense please!

There are over 10 presidential candidates running for the election

1 Like

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Iamgrey5(m): 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Stop writing nonsense please!

There are over 10 presidential candidates running for the election
And everyone of them won a state or two states in those elections.
Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by dahmie2013: 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
OP, you are spot on. In addition, he passed a wrong message by going to only Church programmes, suggesting that he is only the president of Christians and not moslems. How many mosque did he visit? You don't do that in a secular state. Remember Buhari's statement, "I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody".

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Badassniggga(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
He lost the election due to one thing: not teaming up with a bigwig from the North. And no person other than Atiku or Kwakwanso could do that. Atiku/Obi combo of 2019 would've done wonders against APC today since Buhari is out of the equation. Imagine LP+PDP votes vs APC, in fact BAT would've been sweating before the election.

The devil only used them separating to allow BAT win. Instead make Dem join forces together and defeat APC they're all shouting Obidients upandan and want to be president individually without the numbers as if his vice Datti has any electoral value to give him huge numbers from the North.

Do this shyte again in 2027 and they'd still lose individually unless they join forces to help one another pull votes from the North and Southern regions. If e sure for Obi make him no choose Kwakwanso or Atiki for next election, na cry go still end am. Hard truths.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by rummmy: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
If he lost,Nigeria youths lost...
We are actually contesting through him
Moreover,this Mr yakubu nonsense election will not stand,it is a pure fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Buccalcavity2: 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
I'm honestly shocked at the reaction of Obidients to this election. Is this the first time they heard about spread (25% of 2/3). Did people not analyze it here!
There's no rigging in this election. Everybody got the result of his efforts and strategies. Gaskia!
Let INEC announce first sha.
Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Kasdat5(m): 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
OP , you have said it all . Nigeria / election is not about prediction ,facts & permutation , it's not about cyber bulling , it's not about relying on vote sharing/splitting , rather than gathering all necessary , it's not about RELIGION . My 4th experience as an eligible voter & it's more transparent than others I've witnessed..
Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Kasdat5(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
rummmy:
If he lost,Nigeria youths lost...
We are actually contesting through him
Moreover,this Mr yakubu nonsense election will not stand,it is a pure fraud.

Firstly , Nigeria youths didn't loose , our lost was in diversity , majority spoke against APC & it's govt , the voices were divided . Only being united can stand .
Finally the results are there to stand unfortunately, & we all know most outcome of supreme court rulling .
Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Kasdat5(m): 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
Badassniggga:
He lost the election due to one thing: not teaming up with a bigwig from the North. And no person other than Atiku or Kwakwanso could do that. Atiku/Obi combo of 2019 would've done wonders against APC today since Buhari is out of the equation. Imagine LP+PDP votes vs APC, in fact BAT would've been sweating before the election.

The devil only used them separating to allow BAT win. Instead make Dem join forces together and defeat APC they're all shouting Obidients upandan and want to be president individually without the numbers as if his vice Datti has any electoral value to give him huge numbers from the North.

Do this shyte again in 2027 and they'd still lose individually unless they join forces to help one another pull votes from the North and Southern regions. If e sure for Obi make him no choose Kwakwanso or Atiki for next election, na cry go still end am. Hard truths.
You have spoken my mind already . There's no need to say furhrer , they were banking on Kwankwaso , he's not a heavy weight as y'all assume, LP was rather helping APC to cling more vote ( case study sokoto ) LP won NNPP with a good margin..

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Dialpad: 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
You are trying to console yourself

AbdulMagaji:
Garbage

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by jesmond3945: 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2023
EdoBoy90:

2. Low Penetration in the North: He couldn't penetrate the Northern part of Nigeria deeply. His foot soldiers couldn't do a lot of job for him in the North. Obidients would have started massive campaigns from the North not even from the South.

3. No structures and Alliances: Structures aren't stones but humans. Some people call it team or foot soldiers. Sometimes, having house of rep members, senators and Governors matter a lot. You need them especially in places you can't reach. They will help you to constantly speak with the people. Allover the world, you need alliances and structures to achieve your goals in life. The US and Israel build Alliances and Structures for the future. In our places of work, we build a formidable team. This brings unity and rebirth new ideas on how to overcome hurdles.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE INCOMING PRESIDENT AFTER THE SUPREME COURT FINAL VERDICT.
thank you. You have said it all.
Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by kay1one(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
The choice of Datti was based on precedence of having similar values.

He dropped out of the PDP gubernatorial race when it became about bribery and corruption.

Penetrance in the north was fairly good considering factors of time and culture: Taraba, Adamawa, Kaduna, plateau, Kano.

Truth is we never projected high values in NE/NW but with 17 states in the south, 4 in NC (Benue, Nasarawa, plateau, Niger) then with Kaduna, Taraba and Adamawa, 24 States gotten.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Ceenaija(m): 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
Badassniggga:

You are the most miserable of all men, Tinubu lost his state of origin osu and Lagos , the state he claimed that he built.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Badassniggga(m): 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ceenaija:

You are the most miserable of all men, Tinubu lost his state of origin osu and Lagos , the state he claimed that he built.
And then tell me the relevance of this reply you gave me. How will tinubu losing those states make him not win the election? Especially as he's also getting huge numbers from the not to replace those deficits in the south?

You lots are just too emotional, emotions have no place in politics, it's all about getting the numbers across regions to win. You win some lose some. Thinking some bragging rights about Lagos changes anything in this election is just laughable. In the end, PO will become president of Lagos, Atiku president of Osun, and BAT president of Nigeria.
Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by Badgers: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
kay1one:

He dropped out of the PDP gubernatorial race when it became about bribery and corruption.

Penetrance in the north was fairly good considering factors of time and culture: Taraba, Adamawa, Kaduna, plateau, Kano.

Truth is we never projected high values in NE/NW but with 17 states in the south, 4 in NC (Benue, Nasarawa, plateau, Niger) then with Kaduna, Taraba and Adamawa, 24 States gotten.

Loosing bayelsa, cross River and akwa ibom says much about the candidacy of Obi- a project of some sectional populace in federation. If he can't convince his immediate neighbors to vote for him, how does he expect the core northerner to do so?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by EdoBoy90(m): 2:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
kay1one:

This is wrong calculation or planning. You don't just target 24 states only but you target the 36 states, then, it you lose one or two, you fall back to base. Target 24 states only and you lose two states, you will fall back to 22 states.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Peter Obi, LP Presidential Candidate Lost The Elections by DMerciful(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
Shut up! Obi is the next president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Nobody will accept rigged results
EdoBoy90:

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Should Beg Okonja Iweala And Others To return Back,arewa Twitter Group / Obasanjo's Admission Of Failure On Electricity (NEPA) / Judge Orders Onovo To Produce Suspects Today !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.