Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

How Can I Access This Funds? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Access This Funds? (605 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Access This Funds? by CallMeAthena(f): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hello
My late Dad opened a corporate with a certain bank which he used for his business transactions. The two trustees are him and I but the mandate is that only him can withdraw. Now that he's dead, can I access the money in the account? How do I go about this please because we've already gotten the money from his personal accounts via probate.
Can I change the signatory even though the mandate is for one person to withdraw? Should I just go to the bank and tell them as things are?
Re: How Can I Access This Funds? by KiNg0G: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
Go the bank that's the work of "customer care"
Re: How Can I Access This Funds? by DESAN(f): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
You will need a letter of administration from the probate office at high Court, death certificate, obituary. E. T. C. Or just go to the bank and ask the documents you but note letter of administration takes a year or more to process

1 Like

Re: How Can I Access This Funds? by DPass: 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
CallMeAthena:
Hello
My late Dad opened a corporate with a certain bank which he used for his business transactions. The two trustees are him and I but the mandate is that only him can withdraw. Now that he's dead, can I access the money in the account? How do I go about this please because we've already gotten the money from his personal accounts via probate.
Can I change the signatory even though the mandate is for one person to withdraw? Should I just go to the bank and tell them as things are?

Go to the bank and make this findings for yourself.... No add to our stress already

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Access This Funds? by damosade(m): 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
You should have listed all his accounts including corporate into the probate letter.
Re: How Can I Access This Funds? by oluplus(m): 12:37am On Mar 01, 2023
damosade:
You should have listed all his accounts including corporate into the probate letter.
Corporate is a different entity from the owner. It will continue to exist after the demise of the promoters. Ownership can only change.
Op, my advise to you is to check the incorporation documents to see who the other Directors and share holders are. Also check if there's a company Secretary.
The can file an update with CAC and also make a resolution to th back to make you a sole signatory to the.account.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About This Picture? / Jobless Graduate Goes Shopping / How Can I Report This Domestic Violence To My Landlord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.