Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. (1604 Views)

Dino Breathing Too Loud While Replying Wike Could It Be Due To Atiku Loss? / Peter Obi Responsible For Jonathan, Atiku Loss, World Igbo Youth Says / INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Xeeman(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Alhaji Waziri has made many unwise decisions which are responsible for his loss at the presidential polls. They are:

1. Siding with the likes of Tambuwal and Sule Lamido against Kwankwaso during PDP northwest zonal tussle. Now Kwankwaso has proven to be more useful poitically than the others.

2. Allowing Peter Obi to leave the party. He could have stayed if the VP seat has been reserved for him with genuine commitment.

3. Selecting Okowa instead of a more powerful Wike. Okowa didn't add value to the tiket.

4. Unability to let go the party chairman, Ayu, to pacify the so-called G5 governors. Ayu couldn't deliver Benue state to Atiku.

I hope the presidency of the projected winner, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed tinubu would be the best for the country.

May Nigeria succeed.
#NigeriaDecides
#nigeriaelection2023

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by lordm(m): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
100 per cent correct

5 Likes

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Parachoko: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
Atiku started making mistake when he relocated to Dubai after losing the 2019 Presidential Election and left the party to the likes of Wike.

He should have stayed in Nigeria after the 2019 Presidential Election and start scheming on how to become the PDP Presidential candidate. The likes of Wike feel they have been used and dumb because they were holding the party together while Atiku was having a good time in Dubai.

Asiwaju was traveling between Northern and Southern Nigeria, building strong bridges while Atiku was having a good time in Dubai.

Imagine the way the likes of Tinubu and Oshiomhole were treated at some point in the APC, but Asiwaju was not bothered, he kept on working towards his ambition.

Look at the way he humbled all his opponents at the APC primary election grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Eriokanmi: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
Xeeman:
Alhaji Waziri has made many unwise decisions which are responsible for his loss at the presidential polls. They are:

1. Siding with the likes of Tambuwal and Sule Lamido against Kwankwaso during PDP northwest zonal tussle. Now Kwankwaso has proven to be more useful poitically than the others.

2. Allowing Peter Obi to leave the party. He could have stayed if the VP seat has been reserved for him with genuine commitment.

3. Selecting Okowa instead of a more powerful Wike. Okowa didn't add value to the tiket.

4. Unability to let go the party chairman, Ayu, to pacify the so-called G5 governors. Ayu couldn't deliver Benue state to Atiku.

I hope the presidency of the projected winner, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed tinubu would be the best for the country.

May Nigeria succeed.
#NigeriaDecides
#nigeriaelection2023
The 2nd reason isn't tenable. Presidency was to be zoned to the south in accordance with their internal arrangements but out of greed, he flew into the country from his Dubai second home to buy a form and heavily bribed his way in. I so loved the way he spent heavily out of the looted funds. His account would never remain same again. Had this arrangements taken place, they probably would have won with Obi as their candidate. Wike wouldn't even have done so much as atiku had done, had he secured the ticket.

Conflict of interest brought down the PDP. Obi saw this coming and the moment he realised how heavily Atiku bribed people to secure the ticket, he backed off and joined the LP. The serial loser in this election is Kwakwanso cos of his Ego. That's the major problem of African leaders. See the man he said won't go far , that he's a social media candidate. Do you know how many Senate and Reps Seats won by LP in this election? Had he buried his ego, his case would have been like that of Obama-Biden today.

This election is a lesson to everyone, including the powerful in the Nigerian political space, not to underestimate anyone , anymore. I don't believe people voted candidates along religous lines in this election, except the core north. APC wouldn't have been able to secure such massive votes down south, had religion play any role, especially in the states in the SW,SE and SS where Christians were on the majority side. Amazingly, apc secured senate seats in SE and SS.

Only the core north voted along the religous paths and its understandable. Its been a primordial issue which their leaders need to address because this may cause them vote the wrong candidate in future cos he's of same faith as them. Merit should be viewed above religous sentiments and some of them are emancipated now.

God bless Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Xeeman(m): 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Parachoko:
Atiku started making mistake when he relocated to Dubai after losing the 2019 Presidential Election and left the party to the likes of Wike.

He should have stayed in Nigeria after the 2019 Presidential Election and start scheming on how to become the PDP Presidential candidate. The likes of Wike feel they have been used and dumb because they were holding the party together while Atiku was having a good time in Dubai.

Asiwaju was traveling between Northern and Southern Nigeria, building strong bridges while Atiku was having a good time in Dubai.

Imagine the way the likes of Tinubu and Oshiomhole were treated at some point in the APC, but Asiwaju was not bothered, he kept on working towards his ambition.

Look at the way he humbled all his opponents at the APC primary election grin

I totally agree with you.
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Xeeman(m): 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
Eriokanmi:
The 2nd reason isn't tenable. Presidency was to be zoned to the south in accordance with their internal arrangements but out of greed, he flew into the country from his Dubai second home to buy a form and heavily bribed his way in. I so loved the way he spent heavily out of the looted funds. His account would never remain same again. Had this arrangements taken place, they probably would have won with Obi as their candidate. Wike wouldn't even have done so much as atiku had done, had he secured the ticket.

Conflict of interest brought down the PDP. Obi saw this coming and the moment he realised how heavily Atiku bribed people to secure the ticket, he backed off and joined the LP. The serial loser in this election is Kwakwanso cos of his Ego. That's the major problem of African leaders. See the man he said won't go far , that he's a social media candidate. Do you know how many Senate and Reps Seats won by LP in this election? Had he buried his ego, his case would have been like that of Obama-Biden today.

This election is a lesson to everyone, including the powerful in the Nigerian political space, not to underestimate anyone , anymore. I don't believe people voted candidates along religous lines in this election, except the core north. APC wouldn't have been able to secure such massive votes down south, had religion play any role, especially in the states in the SW,SE and SS where Christians were on the majority side. Amazingly, apc secured senate seats in SE and SS.

Only the core north voted along the religous paths and its understandable. Its been a primordial issue which their leaders need to address because this may cause them vote the wrong candidate in future cos he's of same faith as them. Merit should be viewed above religous sentiments and some of them are emancipated now.

God bless Nigeria

I don't agree with your assertion that religious politics did play down south. Because, if you look at the bar chart of the results, you'll find that each of the candidates are able to secure reasonable votes in the north, unlike in the southeast. Just look at the result of Anambra, enugu for example and compare it with Adamawa or kaduna, you'll see what I'm talking about.

In fact, what I actually see with respect to religous politics is that the southerners and the Christian bodies wanted to fight the so-called Muslim-Muslim tickets but, in reality they ended up helping it.

Also, Kwankwaso is not a looser in this election unlike you thought. He was able to re-establish his base in kano after been betrayed politically by Gov Ganduje.
Joining Obi as a VP would have affected this. Also, it isimportant for you to understand that contesting against the duo of Tinubu and Atiku is not an easy task, thus even if Obi/Kwankwaso have been materialised, there's still no guarantee of success in the Presidential elections. You can agree with me if you add both the results of the two candidates.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Wisfem: 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
Eriokanmi:

God bless Nigeria

Poppycock!!
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Twist4u: 12:30am On Mar 01, 2023
Atiku mistakes are age long since 2014 election when he decamped to APC.

If he was patient with Jonathan tenure, by now he should have been gunning for his second term.

He is a highly overatted politician everywhere. He couldn't win the same Jigawa state that he campaigned 4 times with mammoth crowd.

Nansence

3 Likes

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Pascal9: 12:46am On Mar 01, 2023
Xeeman:

I don't agree with your assertion that religious politics did play down south. Because, if you look at the bar chart of the results, you'll find that each of the candidates are able to secure reasonable votes in the north, unlike in the southeast. Just look at the result of Anambra, enugu for example and compare it with Adamawa or kaduna, you'll see what I'm talking about.

In fact, what I actually see with respect to religous politics is that the southerners and the Christian bodies wanted to fight the so-called Muslim-Muslim tickets but, in reality they ended up helping it.

Also, Kwankwaso is not a looser in this election unlike you thought. He was able to re-establish his base in kano after been betrayed politically by Gov Ganduje.
Joining Obi as a VP would have affected this. Also, it isimportant for you to understand that contesting against the duo of Tinubu and Atiku is not an easy task, thus even if Obi/Kwankwaso have been materialised, there's still no guarantee of success in the Presidential elections. You can agree with me if you add both the results of the two candidates.

Kano have been demystified by bivas, it is just an ordinary state, no more 2million votes. Even with underage voters, if the south come out to vote like the north, we will control the show

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 12:55am On Mar 01, 2023
%100 wrong ..

Lamido , when the APC wave came 2015 , Lamido was one of the few northern politician that didn't decamp , even though he was given an unopposed ticket if he switched .
Has more electoral value than Kwankwaso who is power drunk . NNPP only won 1 senate for senate , Shekarau won on NNPP too but had decamped to PDP lon before election , APC won 1
If not for Tambuwal , APC would have gotten sokoto %100

Atiku said he wasn't aware PO bought a presenditial form or even decamped . He read all on news & that there were prior arrangements for PO to be his running mate if he emerge as the candidate , Wike & his brides / flower girls refused , that a v.p must be a serving Gov , whoever wins .

The G5 gov were already expired politicians ,trying to form relivance . The results are glaring ..
PO was the missing icing on the cake ..

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:57am On Mar 01, 2023
We don't care. . . WE MOVE!!!!
Atiku wanted OBI to be the flag bearer of PDP. . . WIKE REFUSED.
It is better for PDP to lose than field a TOUT like WIKE as a PDP presidential flag-bearer. Twa!!!!
Time to move forward. . . .
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:04am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
We don't care. . . WE MOVE!!!!
Atiku wanted OBI to be the flag bearer of PDP. . . WIKE REFUSED.
It is better for PDP to lose than field a TOUT like WIKE as a PDP presidential flag-bearer. Twa!!!!
Time to move forward. . . .

Aswear bro , Weak-K is a baby in politics ..
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:05am On Mar 01, 2023
Kasdat5:

Aswear bro , Weak-K is a baby in politics ..

Look at where the G-5 integrity asoebi governors ended up.

Wike led them into a political ditch! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:08am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Look at where the G-5 integrity asoebi governors ended up.

Wike led them into a political ditch! cheesy

Na GSM I pity pass . APC already swept senate in Oyo , they are coming for his neck full force . The worst amongst weak-k bride was Ortom . That guy is a pest to democracy .APC did 100/100 on them in Benue state .He'd be given free accomodation in Kuje soon . I pray 🙏
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:09am On Mar 01, 2023
Kasdat5:

Na GSM I pity pass . APC already swept senate in Oyo , they are coming for his neck full force . The worst amongst weak-k bride was Ortom . That guy is a pest to democracy .APC did 100/100 on them . He'd be given free accomodation in Kuje soon . I pray 🙏

Serves him right! grin
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:12am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Serves him right! grin

When they talk political structure , it's not a days work. Tinubu had been planning this fro 20years ,& you come overnight thinikng 6 months rally will give way for hard work & dedication . I respect BAT , but then I doff my hat for Atiku , he was tagged the weakest ..
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:17am On Mar 01, 2023
Kasdat5:

When they talk political structure , it's not a days work. Tinubu had been planning this fro 20years ,& you come overnight thinikng 6 months rally will give way for hard work & dedication . I respect BAT , but then I doff my hat for Atiku , he was tagged the weakest ..

I have since learned not to use that word 'structure'. cheesy
Honestly. . . Atiku and Tinubu should go and rest.

I am glad to accept OBI as the new brand.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:23am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I have since learned not to use that word 'structure'. cheesy
Honestly. . . Atiku and Tinubu should go and rest.

I am glad to accept OBI as the new brand.

They have tried for Nigeria , But then , the older , the better ( U.S as a case study )
*I replied you once *bro . I retract it if you "F"
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Benbellamor: 1:30am On Mar 01, 2023
Kasdat5:
%100 wrong ..

Lamido , when the APC wave came 2015 , Lamido was one of the few northern politician that didn't decamp , even though he was given an unopposed ticket if he switched .
Has more electoral value than Kwankwaso who is power drunk . NNPP only won 1 senate for senate , Shekarau won on NNPP too but had decamped to PDP lon before election , APC won 1
If not for Tambuwal , APC would have gotten sokoto %100

Atiku said he wasn't aware PO bought a presenditial form or even decamped . He read all on news & that there were prior arrangements for PO to be his running mate if he emerge as the candidate , Wike & his brides / flower girls refused , that a v.p must be a serving Gov , whoever wins .

The G5 gov were already expired politicians ,trying to form relivance . The results are glaring ..
PO was the missing icing on the cake ..
of all comments, yours is the worst because you are not objective but beclouded with hatred for the G5 Governors whose reason was instrumental to the fall of PDP,,,WHEN ADULTS TALKS, TODLERS LIKE YOU SHOULD GO AND BE PLAYING WITH SANDS

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by FreeStuffsNG: 1:32am On Mar 01, 2023
Xeeman:

May Nigeria succeed.
#NigeriaDecides
#nigeriaelection2023
Brilliant!
His tardy response on the naira redesign .

Congrats to my President-Elect Asiwaju Tinubu and VO-Elect Shettima.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:41am On Mar 01, 2023
Kasdat5:

They have tried for Nigeria , But then , the older , the better ( U.S as a case study )
*I replied you once *bro . I retract it if you "F"

I have been on NL since 2007 and you do not know I am a female with BALLS? cheesy

Nigerians are best at copying other countries.

In the US. . . the older politicians are SOUND. Unlike in Africa.
Can Tinubu read his personal emails? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:41am On Mar 01, 2023
Benbellamor:
of all comments, yours is the worst because you are not objective but beclouded with hatred for the G5 Governors whose reason was instrumental to the fall of PDP,,,WHEN ADULTS TALKS, TODLERS LIKE YOU SHOULD GO AND BE PLAYING WITH SANDS

Sanu elder that plays with gravels .. you analize politic with you ass , you son of a thousand father .
Use your old age to look for pedophile dad.
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:45am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I have been on NL since 2007 and you do not know I am a female with BALLS? cheesy

I have no idea sir/ma'am , or human rather

Is WASHINGTON DC A STATE? undecided

Yes ,.it's a State capital . Every of Nigeria's thing is copying , but the pasting is usually on another level
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:47am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

In the US. . . the older politicians are SOUND. Unlike in Africa.
Can Tinubu read his personal emails? cheesy

Tinubu is sound too , balablu might be added in the new dictionary , He has P.A's to help him with reading mails. Why should a whole jagaban stress himself with mails ?
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:48am On Mar 01, 2023
Kasdat5:

Yes ,.it's a State capital . Every of Nigeria's thing is copying , but the pasting is usually on another level

A state capital?

Of where? undecided

Or the capital of the US?
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by NothingDoMe: 1:51am On Mar 01, 2023
Xeeman:

💯 Obi and Kwankwaso would never have worked. Being Lord of Kano alone is not enough.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by 0monnak0da: 1:51am On Mar 01, 2023
PDP should have fielded a candidate from the South
Unfortunately the SS people have a houseboy mentality
People like Udom, Obaseki and Okowa are a disgrace
They all abstained in 2019 for Northerners
So why did they chicken out for Atiku?
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 1:52am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

A state capital?

Of where? undecided

Or the capital of the US?

It's like the FCT of US . It's usually called DC . Like district & there you have Aso rock of US..
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by KanwuliaExtra: 2:06am On Mar 01, 2023
Kasdat5:

It's like the FCT of US . It's usually called DC . Like district & there you have Aso rock of US..

F-U-N-KEEEEEE!!!!!

*dropping my plate*

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by Kasdat5(m): 2:07am On Mar 01, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

F-U-N-KEEEEEE!!!!!

*dropping my plate*

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Goan 😴😴😴💤
Re: Atiku's Loss In The Presidential Election: The Major Causes. by ebenezary(m): 2:18am On Mar 01, 2023
all l see with atiku is that He lack Long time plan or have no plan at all with shallow vision and believe only on power of money unlike Tinubu who has both money and long time planning
Twist4u:
Atiku mistakes are age long since 2014 election when he decamped to APC.

If he was patient with Jonathan tenure, by now he should have been gunning for his second term.

He is a highly overatted politician everywhere. He couldn't win the same Jigawa state that he campaigned 4 times with mammoth crowd.

Nansence

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: I Have Respect For Tinubu, I Am Only Challenging The Process / Obidient Charlie Boy Post Misinforming Fellow Obidients On Twitter / FG To Consider TUC Demands, Set Up Committee To Review Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.