Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Getting Your Priorities Right! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Getting Your Priorities Right! (119 Views)

Establish Your Priorities / What Are Your Priorities? / How To Set Your Priorities Right As You Prepare For Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Your Priorities Right! by topshore(f): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
Scipture Text: Luke 10:38-42 KJV

"Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: but one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Brethren, if we look at today's Scripture text, we may conclude, ordinarily that Martha wasn't entirely wrong about being hospitable or concerns that she needed he sister's (Mary) help at the kitchen to entertain Jesus Christ who is a guest in their house. However, when it comes to the things of God, we need to set our priorities right. God's Way is entirely different from our ways, and that is why self-righteousness is very dangerous. We need the Holy Spirit to always fill us and direct us to do the right thing at the right time, so that we don't waste time doing things necessary but unneedful in the eyes of God.

A lot of the things people do in their lives are not important. Because of the wrong choices and decisions they have made, they are busy doing things that won't help them in the long run. Luke 10:42, which is about Martha and Mary, backs up this point. Jesus stayed at the house of the two sisters. Each made a choice and was busy with something to try to make Jesus Christ happy. The Lord told Martha, "Martha, Martha, you worry about a lot of things." But one thing is important: Mary has chosen the good part, which will not be taken away from her (Luke 10:41–42). Martha was busy getting food and drinks ready for Jesus to eat and drink. She also told Jesus that her sister, Mary, left her alone to make food and do chores around the house while she sat at Jesus' feet and learned from Him. Jesus praised what Mary was doing and said it was the "one thing" that was both important and rewarding.

Beloved, this story has important lessons to teach us. First, the Lord wants us to put spiritual things ahead of physical ones and give them more importance. The physical comes from the spiritual. Many Christians today are so busy with their jobs, businesses, and trying to make money that they've stopped doing things that are important for their spiritual growth and development, like quiet time or Bible study, fasting, prayer, evangelism, and giving. You are told to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Your salvation or redemption should be the most important thing to you because the world and everything in it are temporary.

Mary made the right choice! By making that decision, she was expressing, like the Psalmist, her belief that God will always be her portion (Psalm 73:26).She put His word first, which is the source of salvation, eternal life, and a lot of other spiritual blessings. She chose hope, faith, and love. She chose Jesus Christ! I suggest that you do the same.

Anyone can be taken away from their everyday things. They only last for a short time. Their reward won't go anywhere else in the universe. If you choose Jesus Christ, no one will be able to take you out of His hands or take your place in the kingdom.

If you want to make things right with God, you must first give your life to Christ by saying this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You right now. Please come into my life, take charge of it, and change it. I tell the devil goodbye and enter the Kingdom of Light. In the name of Jesus Christ, I say "Amen."

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Mountain Tope Life Daily Devotional, Vol. 8, 2023, by Dr. D.K. Olukoya
https://flatimes.com/mfm-devotional-28-february-2023-needful/

(1) (Reply)

Don't Grow Weary In Doing Good / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Monday, March 6,2023 / The Strength To Keep Pushing On In God's Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.