Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities (12346 Views)

Ortom: The Presidential And NASS Elections Were Rigged In Benue State / Anxiety As INEC Closes Nomination For Presidential, NASS Elections / Bode George Faults Akande, Osoba, Others’ Visit To Buhari In The Vila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Deltafirstson(m): 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
Former Vice-Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bode George, has condemned Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections, describing it as disgraceful.

George made this known during a press conference in Lagos on Monday, noting that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has dashed the hopes of Nigerians.

The PDP chieftain said Nigeria is being drawn back to its disgraceful past, which he said is also dealing a severe blow to the effort of developed countries like the United States (US), who made huge financial and material commitment to Nigeria’s electoral process, expected to chart a new course and place Nigeria in her rightful place among the comity of nations.

George said, “I want to state unequivocally that it is disheartening to learn that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has expressed the position that the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS), meant for the seamless transmission of election results electronically into the commission’s server is failing, and thus necessitating the reversal to the manual system.

This is against the standard for the election and it is not acceptable at all, as we are being taken back to the period of misery, when elections results were manipulated between the polling units and the collation centers.

“It is the most despicable shameful act, after the certification of the veracity of the BVAS, for the transmission process of results, which was attested to, by the mock process successfully embarked on by INEC before the election, coupled by the successful deployment of the system for the Ekiti, Anambra and Osun governorship elections.

How on earth can INEC turn around at this critical period, to discredit the system? I hope they are not trying to foster the dismal APC government on Nigerians, who have expressed their determination to do away with this retrogressive party through the poll last Saturday. For instance, Tinubu, was said to have secured 50,000 votes cast in Ikorodu, how can we accept this?

“How can we accept this uncivilised abuse against an established electoral reform already gazetted and entrenched as Electoral Act in our constitution? This is nothing but a reversal of our political fortunes by several millions of backward steps.

“This is hardly the path of building an enduring nation. Great nations are built upon accommodating largeness where everyone must have a sense of belonging. The fair society insists on merit, frowns upon nepotism, encourages participatory inclusiveness, creates equal opportunity for everyone to actualise themselves.”

George also called on the observers from the international community to condemn the process, and also urging INEC not to succumb to threat.

“I am hereby calling on the international community , who have their observers on ground, monitoring this election, to rise and condemn this most self-destructive and annihilating political malfeasance being perpetrated by our INEC.

“As an elder statesman, who has served Nigeria as a Military General and a prominent political office holder, I hereby demand amongst others that the transmission of the ongoing collation for the Presidential and National Assembly election results must be transmitted electronically as enunciated by INEC.

“That INEC, should not succumb to any pressure, to force to alternate the results from the polling units, as history would judge the Chairman of the electoral body, who swore to oath to ensure free, fair and credible electoral process.

“That in the event of being pressured to alternate results of the election, the INEC Chairman should raise his voice for Nigerians to hear or step down from his position,” George added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/bode-george-faults-presidential-nass-elections-knocks-inec-over-irregularities/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Deltafirstson(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Simply put, this is not a election

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Xscape1993(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Let the votes of the electorates count!!! We don't want the brainless founder of agberos in Nigeria, the drug landlord of Africa and the murderer of Funso Williams as president.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Balogunodua(m): 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
Deltafirstson:
Former Vice-Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bode George, has condemned Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections, describing it as disgraceful.
George made this known during a press conference in Lagos on Monday, noting that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has dashed the hopes of Nigerians. 
The PDP chieftain said Nigeria is being drawn back to its disgraceful past, which he said is also dealing a severe blow to the effort of developed countries like the United States (US), who made huge financial and material commitment to Nigeria’s electoral process, expected to chart a new course and place Nigeria in her rightful place among the comity of nations.

George said, “I want to state unequivocally that it is disheartening to learn that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has expressed the position that the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS), meant for the seamless transmission of election results electronically into the commission’s server is failing, and thus necessitating the reversal to the manual system.
“This is against the standard for the election and it is not acceptable at all, as we are being taken back to the period of misery, when elections results were manipulated between the polling units and the collation centers.
“It is the most despicable shameful act, after the certification of the veracity of the BVAS, for the transmission process of results, which was attested to, by the mock process successfully embarked on by INEC before the election, coupled by the successful deployment of the system for the Ekiti, Anambra and Osun governorship elections.
“”How on earth can INEC turn around at this critical period, to discredit the system? I hope they are not trying to foster the dismal APC government on Nigerians, who have expressed their determination to do away with this retrogressive party through the poll last Saturday. For instance, Tinubu, was said to have secured 50,000 votes cast in Ikorodu, how can we accept this?
“How can we accept this uncivilised abuse against an established electoral reform already gazetted and entrenched as Electoral Act in our constitution? This is nothing but a reversal of our political fortunes by several millions of backward steps.
“This is hardly the path of building an enduring nation. Great nations are built upon accommodating largeness where everyone must have a sense of belonging. The fair society insists on merit, frowns upon nepotism, encourages participatory inclusiveness, creates equal opportunity for everyone to actualise themselves.”
George also called on the observers from the international community to condemn the process, and also urging INEC not to succumb to threat. 
“I am hereby calling on the international community , who have their observers on ground, monitoring this election, to rise and condemn this most self-destructive and annihilating political malfeasance being perpetrated by our INEC.
“As an elder statesman, who has served Nigeria as a Military General and a prominent political office holder, I hereby demand amongst others that the transmission of the ongoing collation for the Presidential and National Assembly election results must be transmitted electronically as enunciated by INEC.
“That INEC, should not succumb to any pressure, to force to alternate the results from the polling units, as history would judge the Chairman of the electoral body, who swore to oath to ensure free, fair and credible electoral process.
“That in the event of being pressured to alternate results of the election, the INEC Chairman should raise his voice for Nigerians to hear or step down from his position,” George added. 

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/bode-george-faults-presidential-nass-elections-knocks-inec-over-irregularities/

grin grin

Baba beta ready ur luggage nd vamus to Ghana like you promised grin grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by 2mch(m): 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
Lmaoooo! This one go pain Bodeee! He and Tinubu are like rat and cat. Lmao! Tewonde Bode! Bode don see shege for Tinubu hand. Bode no go fit sleep I swear!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Felabrity: 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ojuyobo will never rule Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Fut9ure: 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Inec is a disgrace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Godsfrezx: 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
I see this election being cancelled by the supreme Court, I see a fresh election taking place, I see Peter Obi winning.
Like for Peter Obi
Share for Tinubu

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Kcolomboo(m): 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cry me a river

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Thiefnubuu rushed aboard for medical attention

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by misreal(m): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Some tinubu supporters will come and call him a sore loser..our country is in shambles and some people are still partisan because it favours them.
All Nigerians should shun this elections including apc members.if you are winning,win well,don't truncate out democracy because of your selfish interested.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by IamNat: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
This 1s have always been Asíwájú's enemy, so, no surprises.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by abobote: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
I have never seen an unacceptable election like this one

5 Likes

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Adeneeyee84: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Criminal man so tinubu has edge over u and ur friend criminal partner a.k.a Obasanjo. You people should continue the cry till further notice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Axis313(m): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Everyone is talking,this ex-convict is also talking.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by fola2222: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
Bode the faulter.

You have always being a faulter all your days

Birds of the same feathers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by dietsono(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
Good observation Sir!.........esp when coming from an ex-convict makes it a notable one....Lols grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by alphaconde(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
If this election result is disputed and settled in court otherwise. I propose a Jail term for the INEC chair.

Only this can make them make good effort to give us a perfect election the first time.

I am thinking the INEC are not concerned because issues will finally be settled in court although correct, but you can imagine the tension currently and the uncertainty we are facing.

Someone should take responsibility.

How's the Job different from a civil engineer who built a collapsed house?

1 Like

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by FashionCookie(f): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by thaoriginator: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

See this FAT RAT 😂🐀🐀🐀

1 Like

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Goke7: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
oga no stress, we are waiting for your relocation to Ghana

4 Likes

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Zico5(m): 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
In fact, election is truly a dangerous adventure. Tinubu lost Lagos, Buhari lost Katsina, Oshiomohle lost Edo, senate President lost his state but Obi won over 90% in Enugu, Anambra, Abia and other Igbo states but he is a saint. It's now I know that these people are truly evil. They wish nobody well. Tinubu is the president, u guys can do Ur worst.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Dididrumz(m): 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
Clearly
Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by BlessedOne01: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
Bode George should go and rest!

Jagaban has won already!

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
I can’t believe people can still condemn the best election we had in Nigeria since independence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Wickedfacts: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Obidient animals are talking, Bode George too is talking.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Rodimi20000000: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Faiththatworks(m): 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
ASIWAJU the jagabanditttttttttttt of Africa
GCFR, Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Akanbi Olode lde, Jagaban Borgu
The Pathfinder,Fighter of Democracy.
Abraham of our time(God bless our Daddy Adeboye for giving him that wonderful name).
The One Man Mopol,the master Strategist,the killer of PDP Back to back to back.
The Intellectual giant,the Man who is able to see the future.
Baba no rival,the Carrier of the touch of the progressive,the first progressive that will rule Nigeria,and the man that will burst open the door for men and women of intellectual candour to take over the affairs of Nigeria.
The Carrier of the Touch of BABA AWOLOWO,BABA AWOLOWO u can finally sleep in peace,A PROGRESSIVE IS ABOUT TO TAKE CHARGE OF THE AFFAIRS OF NIGERIA.......
I believe in you my leader,u have shown us the path in Lagos,now is the time to unleash the potential of Nigeria.
We will not descend into the gutters with these losers,the battle has been fought and the War has been won.
Now is the time to take over Nigeria from the percept that Baba Buhari has led this country and Renavigate the ship of Nigeria back on Course.
I sympathize with the over 11 million Nigerians who voted against Our leader Asiwaju,your voice has been heard very clearly and we will not diminish what you have accomplished,but WE MOVE.
Asiwaju,Sen. Governor Shettima Nigeria needs your leadership,I pray you lead in healing the division fostered by some kindergarten politicans during these Elections.
They have opened the sore wound of Religion and Ethnicity in the course of the campaign,pls make sure you use your words and actions to heal Nigeria.
RENEWED HOPE is our Mantra
God bless Nigeria.......
Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

3 Likes

Re: Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
dietsono:
Good observation Sir!.........esp when coming from an ex-convict makes it a notable one....Lols grin grin grin

😀😂🤣

You will not make heaven!

I have cancelled your name.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? / "Only Prayers Can Bring Back Dapchi Girls" - Dolapo Osinbajo / 2019: PDP Reacts As INEC Names Buhari’s Niece, Amina Zakari Official To Announce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.