Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari (12354 Views)

Makinde To Tinubu: APC Will Not Rule Nigeria Beyond 2023 / My Govt Made Infrastructural Development A Priority – Buhari / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the unity, security and prosperity of the country would matter most to him, beyond his days in office as President.

The President said this while speaking with stakeholders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led by the National Chairman of the party, Senator Abdullahi Adamu.

Buhari, who expressed delight that the party was on towards that eventuality, thanked the delegation “for the kind words on my role in processes leading to the emergence of our candidate, and his running mate, for the Presidential election in February, next year.

‘‘I want to thank you all for the roles you played in the build-up, first to our national convention earlier this year, and later, to the primary elections.
‘‘You were all of one mind, wanting the best for the Party, with the candidate emerging in a free and fair manner.

‘‘For us all, the cohesion and unity of the Party was the first priority, and ambition was second. I am glad that you all saw the larger picture, rather than narrow, self-serving interests.’’

Buhari recalled that when the presidential running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima, was presented to him a couple of days ago, he had said he would reserve his comments till the handover ceremony on May 29, 2023, at the Eagle Square.

‘‘I still maintain that same position,’’ the President said, lauding party members for acknowledging the many virtues that qualify the Vice Presidential Candidate for the noble position.

The President, in a statement issued by his spokesman, Femi Adesina, expressed confidence that Shettima would not disappoint the party, and Nigerians at large.

He also commended the party for resolving to further mobilise more Nigerians, particularly youths, to register, and get their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs), saying ‘‘It is the way to go.’’

The National Chairman of the party, the Chairman, the Progressives Governors Forum and Governor of Kebbi State, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, and Shettima, in separate remarks, expressed gratitude to the President for his exemplary leadership which had strengthened the party in the aftermath of the convention and primaries.

Adamu said: ‘‘Our main goal is to see the success of the APC in the forthcoming general elections. There’s no better parting gift than to ensure that the APC produces the next President.’’

Bagudu told the President that he had set a worthy precedence on internal democracy in political parties, saying: ‘‘Under pressure to dictate or suggest, you were determined that the democratic process should be given the opportunity to work and what we have seen is that democratic processes can produce very excellent results.

‘‘We have a Presidential Candidate and a running mate, whom we are all proud of.’’

https://dailytrust.com/nigerias-unity-beyond-2023-is-my-priority-buhari

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by successmatters(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
This president did everything he can to cause problems that can scatter Nigeria.

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Racoon(m): 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
Which unity? Unity being enforced by RUGA, bandits, killer fulani/BH terrorists and jihadists? Same country you have long fragment and polarized based on your nepotism, bigotry, clannishish, and ethno-religious supremacist agenda?

Nigeria have never seen the worst sectional leader like Buhari and may it never see such again if it continue to remain as a country. “Unity without verity, is no better than conspiracy.” -John Trapp(English philosopher)

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
ok
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by KanwuliaExtra: 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
What you could not accomplish in 8 years of medical tourism?

Please, your time has long gone, so go and rest IN PIECES! kiss

Let us deal with your ILLITERATE PROMAX!
You are no longer relevant to yourself or Nigeria.

START PACKING AND GET LOST FOREVER!!!

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Richardonald(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
For us all, the cohesion and unity of the Party was the first priority, and ambition was second. I am glad that you all saw the larger picture, rather than narrow, self-serving interests.’’

Buharigrin na president abeg

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by nairavsdollars(f): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
After causing so much disunity between 2015 to 2023 abi

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by DispatcherLagos: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
They called GEJ a drunkard.

The word to describe this imbecil.e has not been found

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by tony0806: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
That's important
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by cosmatika(m): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
Idiot
You and your Agbado Plus Cassava party will not succeed.

You only want to keep Nigeria as one without metting justice and equal rights

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Satedly(m): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Dshocker(m): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
Anybody that knows this tired man should help tell him to Rest In Peace

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Imnuru: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Na the opposite bubu dey talk

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Its a shame you make such statements.

In the absence of JUSTICE, where is PEACE? In the absence of PEACE, where is UNITY?

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Blackestjunior(m): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
I don't like Buhari personally
But somehow I still admire him what a life he has lived very very successful as a person. Imagine yourself being a major General, Head of State, President . If I can successfully join the army and be a Brigadier general I will be feeling very furfilled not to talk of being president again.
You can insult him all you want ...he has inked his name in history books, gotten to a very high level of which 99.999% of nigerians will never reach

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by tradingknowled1: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
when you didn't achieve it as a president ..
meanwhile
I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship program.. feel free to PM me if interested !

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Righthussle: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Y
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by olisefom: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
This man seems far away from reality

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by 5iine: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Buhari all the best for you and your unity o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by sofiscatedmoron: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
grin
Attachee things

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by jojothaiv(m): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
We lie best when we lie to ourselves
Buhari is not an exception. Let's the praise singers fall in with their vuvuzelas...

- Stephen King

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by 123readygo: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by NwaNimo1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
moslem/moslem no go work.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216404.gif[/img]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Is this now something to campaign for?

Unity beggers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by mcdokwe(m): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
sir, please make our collective Survival your priority too... hunger dey ground.

Escrow? think www.escrowpaddy.com
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by Bombeverybody: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Buhari is a

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Beyond 2023 Is My Priority – Buhari by blaquebelle: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Just like you've shown throughout your administration undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Show Less Concern As Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder / Nigerians Are Unfair To Buhari, Says El-rufai / Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa Most Fiscally Stable Nigerian States- Fiscal Index

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.