Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,557 members, 7,865,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:38 PM

Bombings: I Help Obtain Explosives, Suspect Admits In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombings: I Help Obtain Explosives, Suspect Admits In Court (467 Views)

2 Vehicles Filled With Explosives, Arms Reportedly Intercepted In Maiduguri / Police Recovers 147 Bomb Explosives In Borno / Explosives Smuggled In Fuel-Tankers To Lagos - Ihejirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bombings: I Help Obtain Explosives, Suspect Admits In Court by Beaf: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Bombings: I help obtain explosives, suspect admits in Court[/size]
On September 13, 2011 · In News , 
… as court charges 8 suspects over Suleja bombings

ABUJA  (AFP) – An Abuja court on Tuesday charged eight suspects in connection with a string of deadly bombings in Suleja near the capital Abuja after authorities said the attacks were linked to Islamist group Boko Haram.

The eight are accused of being behind four separate attacks between March and July this year in which 24 people were killed in the town of Suleja and at Buhari village, both near Abuja.

They all pleaded innocent before a magistrates’ court in the capital.

One of the suspects confessed to having previously been a member of Boko Haram, which has been blamed for repeated attacks in the northern part of the country and which claimed responsibility for a bomb blast at UN headquarters in Abuja on August 26.

Ahmed Hassan Ezimakor said he did not take part in the bombing, but helped obtain the explosives. He said he joined the sect in 2008 but quit early this year.

“I met Salisu Ahmed (one of the suspects) in 2008 when we joined Boko Haram,” Ezimakor told the court.

The worst of the attacks the eight are alleged to have staged was on the eve of parliamentary elections in April, when a bomb rocked a local election office, killing 16 people, mainly recent graduates hired as election officials.

Other explosives went off outside the venue of a political rally, another at a church and yet another at a village near Abuja.

The secret police last week claimed to have unearthed a bomb-making factory near Suleija and made six arrests.

The suspects were ordered to return to court on October 4.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/bombings-i-help-obtain-explosives-suspect-admits-in-court/

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Nigerians Problems. / You Don`t Necessarily Have To Get Rid Of A Working Analog Cctv System In Order T / Is Nigeria now at the Mercy of Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.