Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far (11824 Views)

Rivers: Tinubu Leads Obi With 42,623 Votes In 11 Lgas Announced So Far / Anambra Election Results: Soludo In Early Lead, Wins 6 LGA Announced So Far / With Results Announced So Far, Kayode Fayemi Is Ekiti Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by vanitybutiwanti: 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
FromTopToBottom:
Give Igbos their own international sea port and they will leave lagos ... Strictly business...most of you forgot that lagos is mixed in terms of religion and the biggest churches in nigeria are in the west...Tinubu did not only lost lagos because Igbos voted for their brother...but also because the Muslim-muslim ticket was a red flat for christians...yorubas voted for Obi too..

Some of you also forget that lagos was a former capital of Nigeria...hence another reason it is full of mix tribes

In conclusion, just give the south south their own international sea port and see how Igbos will shift their businesses peacefully from Lagos.

Igbos go to a foreign land to do businesses, become successful and the jealousy crips in...instead of been envious, try and work hard...no be to wake up every morning and be shouting "owo mi da" ...agbero
You think it's so easy to leave a city or a state that has played host to your business for 10-15 years? Jokers!
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by candygist: 11:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
Usefulsense:
None of the candidates have actually met the condition.

Tinubu failed in 25% of Abuja.

If he is announced the winner, go and cancel it grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by SenatePresdo(m): 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ola9ja23:
25% in 28 states

Atiku and Obituary should call and congratulate Asiwaju now

Game over

Asiwaju has not been declared winner, wait until he's declared winner.
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by SenatePresdo(m): 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
Throwback:

There is no FCT issue.

FCT is an equivalent state, so part of where a candidate can secure the necessary 25%.

That's not true, Femi falana was biased.

We will still review the 1999 constitution.
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Wickedfacts: 11:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
Usefulsense:

3 Likes

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by ProphetM0hammad: 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:

That's not true, Femi falana was biased.

We will still review the 1999 constitution.

So you are now a law maker that wants to review the 1999 constitution cheesy

Why are you so desperate

1 Like

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by ProphetM0hammad: 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Asiwaju has not been declared winner, wait until he's declared winner.
Isn't that your worst fear?

1 Like

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
Rutherford2019:
25% in The federal capital territory.."the" means Abuja is separate from the states and therefore he must get 25% in Abuja irrespective of what he get from other states.
Therefore, if he got 100% in 36 states, he must get 25% in Abuja otherwise there will be rerun
you too dull

1 Like

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
gaby:

Going by your cunning submission, is FCT one of the 28 states?

The law states that a winner would be deemed so if he gets 25% from the Centre of Unity (FCT) and there is a reason for this. It is assumed that the FCT is the melting pot of every tribe, creed, and religion of each state and region of the country and a President needs to appeal to at least 25% of this demographic.

Simple stuff.

This is a legit ground number one for Buhari not to allow anyone who would undo his Naira redesign policy as had been bragged about.

There are other backup plans just in case...lol

Make una just chillax the movie go start in no time.
you're misquoting the law that you don't even understand

1 Like

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Teddy0147(m): 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
Usefulsense:

Lol tinubu has won already…. The constitution said 25% in 24 state including the FCT meaning Abuja is not a state but can be included we have 36 state with the FCT it will be 37 state

1 Like

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Teddy0147(m): 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
Rutherford2019:
25% in The federal capital territory.."the" means Abuja is separate from the states and therefore he must get 25% in Abuja irrespective of what he get from other states.
Therefore, if he got 100% in 36 states, he must get 25% in Abuja otherwise there will be rerun

That’s not correct it means even if you have 25% in Abuja it is still valid because Abuja is not among the 36 state
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by hardbody: 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
Throwback:

You are saying the same thing.

The pool from which you can secure the necessary 25% is all 36 States and the FCT.

So your pool is 37.

2/3 of 37 is 25 states.

Tinubu already secured 25% in 28 states.

You are obviously not smart or cannot read or cannot comprehend. Pick one that fits your person.
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by gaby(m): 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
you're misquoting the law that you don't even understand

We have seen you, sir. The law himself....lol

Oya explain it to us laymen.
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
gaby:

We have seen you, sir. The law himself....lol
tor
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by slivertongue: 12:05am On Mar 01, 2023
kk2027:

I no dey like argue too much

Read here and educate yourself

Section 134 of the Constitution provides as follows:

(1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates for the election –

(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for the election-

INEC chairman has the final say
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by slivertongue: 12:07am On Mar 01, 2023
Throwback:

You are saying the same thing.

The pool from which you can secure the necessary 25% is all 36 States and the FCT.

So your pool is 37.

2/3 of 37 is 25 states.

Tinubu already secured 25% in 28 states.

INEC chairman will decide
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by blowjohn(m): 12:14am On Mar 01, 2023
Roon9:

You just made me laugh! How can 8m+ be mad

He knows his people and his people know him.

He knows his mad people and his mad people know him.
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by blowjohn(m): 12:16am On Mar 01, 2023
Teddy0147:

That’s not correct it means even if you have 25% in Abuja it is still valid because Abuja is not among the 36 state

Abuja no be state?

So if person ask me which state I dey presently , wetin I go tell am?

Oga I no dey any state o. I dey federation??
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by blowjohn(m): 12:17am On Mar 01, 2023
Is Abuja a state, a capital or a federation?
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Exclusive101: 12:22am On Mar 01, 2023
Very good can you show me where the rerun is stated or you use your Igbotic deluded head to conjure that

Rutherford2019:
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by seunowa(f): 12:26am On Mar 01, 2023
Usefulsense:

You are not gifted with intelligence like your ieaders, obidaft.
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Exclusive101: 12:28am On Mar 01, 2023
One port is fully functional when is your Igbo father moving out of Lagos.

FromTopToBottom:
Give Igbos their own international sea port and they will leave lagos ... Strictly business...most of you forgot that lagos is mixed in terms of religion and the biggest churches in nigeria are in the west...Tinubu did not only lost lagos because Igbos voted for their brother...but also because the Muslim-muslim ticket was a red flat for christians...yorubas voted for Obi too..

Some of you also forget that lagos was a former capital of Nigeria...hence another reason it is full of mix tribes

In conclusion, just give the south south their own international sea port and see how Igbos will shift their businesses peacefully from Lagos.

Igbos go to a foreign land to do businesses, become successful and the jealousy crips in...instead of been envious, try and work hard...no be to wake up every morning and be shouting "owo mi da" ...agbero
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by OmegaAutos: 12:29am On Mar 01, 2023
FromTopToBottom:

Kindly mention the foreign land Igbos do biz and succeed apart from drugs in S.A, Asia and Brazil... I pray Biafra is granted quick so we can have peace
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by sukar886: 12:50am On Mar 01, 2023
He can't declare winner cos of FTC issue
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by yarimo(m): 12:51am On Mar 01, 2023
Usefulsense:

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by zedegit: 12:53am On Mar 01, 2023
NigerianAngelo:
As it stands:

1. Atiku and Obi, twelve (12) states;

Tinubu = ten (10) states but winner.

2. Tinubu meeting Constitutional spread and should be declared winner. Except for the FCT issue.

How does winning 10 states become bigger than winning 12 states including the mega cities.

Tinubu's votes were clearly inflated.

1 Like

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Mipoplenty: 1:01am On Mar 01, 2023
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Teddy0147(m): 1:29am On Mar 01, 2023
blowjohn:

Abuja no be state?

Bro go school you say no
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Teddy0147(m): 1:30am On Mar 01, 2023
blowjohn:

Abuja no be state?

It’s not among the 36 state

1 Like

Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by blowjohn(m): 1:58am On Mar 01, 2023
Teddy0147:

Bro go school you say no

U wey get masters, PhD and PGDEFA answer na.

Wetin come be abuja?
Re: INEC RESULTS TABLE: The 35 States Announced So Far by Teddy0147(m): 1:59am On Mar 01, 2023
blowjohn:

U wey get masters, PhD and PGDEFA answer na.

Wetin come be abuja?

How many state do you have in Nigeria?
36 without the FCT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers APC Demands Wike's Resignation / I Didn’t Speak On Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabout In Minna – Kalu / EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.