Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Advice For Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice For Igbos (907 Views)

I Hope The Yorubas That Supported Tinubu Out Of Spite For Igbos Are Enjoying / North Is The Safest Place For Igbos – Ohanaeze / It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For Igbos by NwaIdeato: 7:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
It's over, Obi tried...let's just lick our wounds and accept that Nigerian politics will never favor us, but who cares? Life doesn't begin and end with politics much less a shabby one like Nigeria's. The system definitely favors a Tinubu presidency as "he has paid his dues", the powers that be in the corridors of decision making in Nigeria have to reward him. Once again Obi tried, he won more states across the nation than we imagined, built strictures overnight and we now have LP party members in senate, HOR, local government wards etc across Nigeria all thanks to the Obi effect, so falling short of the presidency in a heavily biased electoral system marred with rigging and countless digital evidence of tampering with result sheets isn't particularly a "shameful way to lose". As the Americans say, "it is what it is".

Please Igbos should NOT join in any protest anywhere, as we are now primarily the target of accelerated "Igbophobia" which I fear will be amped up by a Tinubu government soon, their target will be from Lagos as they are bitter than Obi won there, I doubt Tinubu will forgive Obi for such unimaginable humiliation. Go back to your businesses, family and life's, forget politics in Nigeria cause even Obi will move on, he's a national force now and has nothing to lose, absolutely nothing.

Any Igbo person that comes out to do any protest is an idiot, abeg mind your business and pretend an election never happened, abeg o!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice For Igbos by JASONjnr(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
Igbos should just know that, the Yorubas and the Hausas doesn't like them and should never protest to destroy anything....

They should only try to develop their region and bring in more awareness...

Let them vote credible leaders for governorship and bring massive development to their region and forget Nigeria matter....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice For Igbos by valicious1(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2023
The only reasonable advise for Igbos now is to unite and fight for Biafra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice For Igbos by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
Apt
Igbos are not loved in Nigeria,i have confirmed it,please nobody should protest or cause violence please.
The Igbos will surely progress and be successful in any administration.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
valicious1:
The only reasonable advise for Igbos now is to unite and fight for Biafra.
don’t think of it. I rooted for obi and we and my family won our pooling unit for him. Yourubas and Hausas re. Or the only tribes in Nigeria. Edo people hate yorubas and have no hate for igbos. But if you talk if Biafra I will support the Nigerian got crush it. I could even enlist to fight the igbos. Not out of hate for igbos but to secure the sovereignty of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Igbos by Igboid: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
orion7:
don’t think of it. I rooted for obi and we and my family won our pooling unit for him. Yourubas and Hausas re. Or the only tribes in Nigeria. Edo people hate yorubas and have no hate for igbos. But if you talk if Biafra I will support the Nigerian got crush it. I could even enlist to fight the igbos. Not out of hate for igbos but to secure the sovereignty of the country.

You are not in position to tell Igbos what to do and what not to do.
This is not 1970 and you will not be crushing anyone without getting crushed yourself.
Biafra will always remain an option for Ndiigbo and sovereignty remains Igbo sovereign right, we were not created glued to your ethnicity and the rest of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
Igboid:

You are not in position to tell Igbos what to do and what not to do.
This is not 1970 and you will not be crushing anyone without getting crushed yourself.
Biafra will always remain an option for Ndiigbo and sovereignty remains Igbo sovereign right, we were not created glued to your ethnicity and the rest of Nigeria.
get ready to dance with everyone again.

Like I said I have nothing against igbos. Bit secession is where we draw the lion. Because it’s an act of cowardice. Who is more Nigerian than you ? Y should others make you want to leave ? Y hasn’t my own tribe given up ? Y don’t you push others out instead ? In the words of the great chinnese philosopher. “Instead of the world to disappoint me, I’ll disappoint the world”. I support igbos with all my heart. But I will jot hear secession. My tribe share that ideology with me I know this. If you feel you can fight everyone , we’ll have a go at it then

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Igbos by Tinububalls: 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
orion7:

Like I said I have nothing against igbos. Bit secession is where we draw the lion. Because it’s an act of cowardice. Who is more Nigerian than you ? Y should others make you want to leave ? Y hasn’t my own tribe given up ? Y don’t you push others out instead ? In the words of the great chinnese philosopher. “Instead of the world to disappoint me, I’ll disappoint the world”. I support igbos with all my heart. But I will jot hear secession. My tribe share that ideology with me I know this. If you feel you can fight everyone , we’ll have a go at it then
Is your tribe ready to support us in the darkest hour?
Re: Advice For Igbos by FreeStuffsNG: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
Chiefwhip001:
Apt
Igbos are not loved in Nigeria,i have confirmed it,please nobody should protest or cause violence please.
The Igbos will surely progress and be successful in any administration.
I love my patriotic Nigerian brothers and sisters of Igbo extraction to the moon.

The lp mob and ipob terrorists are the ones setting unpatriotic elements among the Igbo against other Nigerians..

The patriotic Nigerians of Igbo extraction need to speak up more so that their silence is not mistaken as their endorsement and support for the unpatriotic elements among the Igbo.

We remember with sadness a day these Igbo unpatriotiic elements burnt our city

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice For Igbos by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
orion7:
What's wrong if igbos want out? They are not going with you, or are they? Is it that you are going to miss them that you must enlist to keep them in Nigeria, after attesting to the hopelessness of Nigeria yourself?

However, I understand the vulnerability of minority tribes like yours, but Nigeria will surely accomodate you.

1 Like

Re: Advice For Igbos by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
NwaIdeato:
It's over, Obi tried...let's just lick our wounds and accept that Nigerian politics will never favor us, but who cares? Life doesn't begin and end with politics much less a shabby one like Nigeria's. The system definitely favors a Tinubu presidency as "he has paid his dues", the powers that be in the corridors of decision making in Nigeria have to reward him. Once again Obi tried, he won more states across the nation than we imagined, built strictures overnight and we now have LP party members in senate, HOR, local government wards etc across Nigeria all thanks to the Obi effect, so falling short of the presidency in a heavily biased electoral system marred with rigging and countless digital evidence of tampering with result sheets isn't particularly a "shameful way to lose". As the Americans say, "it is what it is".

Please Igbos should NOT join in any protest anywhere, as we are now primarily the target of accelerated "Igbophobia" which I fear will be amped up by a Tinubu government soon, their target will be from Lagos as they are bitter than Obi won there, I doubt Tinubu will forgive Obi for such unimaginable humiliation. Go back to your businesses, family and life's, forget politics in Nigeria cause even Obi will move on, he's a national force now and has nothing to lose, absolutely nothing.

Any Igbo person that comes out to do any protest is an idiot, abeg mind your business and pretend an election never happened, abeg o!
Protests are part of the process.
But I'm pissed about these useless threads you people are opening upandan while neglecting the Koko.
Re: Advice For Igbos by valicious1(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
orion7:

That means you no get sense. Afonja claiming Igbo
Re: Advice For Igbos by betshopagent(m): 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I love my patriotic Nigerian brothers and sisters of Igbo extraction to the moon.

The lp mob and ipob terrorists are the ones setting unpatriotic elements among the Igbo against other Nigerians..

The patriotic Nigerians of Igbo extraction need to speak up more so that their silence is not mistaken as their endorsement and support for the unpatriotic elements among the Igbo.

free rubbish as usual
Re: Advice For Igbos by Randy100: 11:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Tribal bigoted soul like you. Carry your useless love and get out of here.
Re: Advice For Igbos by FreeStuffsNG: 11:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
Randy100:

Tribal bigoted soul like you. Carry your useless love and get out of here.
You are not among the patriotic Nigerians of Igbo extraction. I am giving my love out to those in that bracket.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Igbos by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

In reality, one Nigeria is a big scam.
The yorubas attacked Igbos when Peter obi won Lagos, you people have said that the Igbos should leave your state countless times.
Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
valicious1:

That means you no get sense. Afonja claiming Igbo
well say what you want. Na you get your mouth 🤷🏻‍♂️
Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
Tinububalls:

Is your tribe ready to support us in the darkest hour?
when igbos left Lagos preceding the civil war because of killings , as soon as they crossed owo in ondo, they where safe. No issue of killings in edo or anywhere. They where completely safe. Regardless we are very pro Nigeria. My father commanded men in the Nigeria army. Peter obi despite the rigging in some places by pdp won edo hands down. If this isn’t love I don’t know what else the edo or esan people can do. But when you talk of sesesssion you stand alone.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Igbos by Brendaniel: 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
NwaIdeato:

The truth is the fight is not an Igbo fight, It's a fight for justice, however I don't like the choice of your words(sorry to say), you make it sound like Peter obi's presidency is an Igbo agenda, I have Yoruba friends who are very angry Tinubu rigged against Obi, also it's good of your advice to Igbos to not join in protest, but I would advice that the restriction should only for Igbos in other regions outside the south east, because it will be very discouraging if other regions are doing protest for Peter Obi and his own people are not even concerned.

In all, it's about a fight for justice but with smartness because it is getting clearer who the enemies of Nigerians are, and not only the Igbos are seeking for that justice now....

1 Like

Re: Advice For Igbos by Igboid: 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
orion7:

Is it cowardice to want to be alone?
Eagles fly alone, cowards seek for company.
I would think that those insisting on Unity with unwilling partners are the real cowards.

Strong people are never afraid to let people go or to stand alone.

Like I said, you can't crush anyone without getting crushed yourself.
You can't threaten the Igbo. Grow up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
Igboid:

I would think that those insisting on Unity with unwilling partners are the real cowards.

I’m not threatening anyone here. Look around you and the tribes around you and live happy. I don’t know y you want to have a date within a state. Do you want to be like Eritrea ? Or you think homogeneity is key to seeing utopia ?

1 Like

Re: Advice For Igbos by mikelopez: 12:00am On Mar 01, 2023
This is pure open daylight robbery

They can NEVER escape this rigging

The youths are coming for them

It will happen so fast that they will not be able to escape

Massive Nationwide riots loading

Just wait for INEC to announce the results

220,000,000 people and how many soldiers do we have in the arm forces less than 5,000,000.

The security forces can NEVER crush over 220,000,000 Nigerians

Let that sink
Re: Advice For Igbos by Igboid: 12:07am On Mar 01, 2023
orion7:
I’m not threatening anyone here. Look around you and the tribes around you and live happy. I don’t know y you want to have a date within a state. Do you want to be like Eritrea ? Or you think homogeneity is key to seeing utopia ?

We all want a functional Nigeria.
But in a case that is proving elusive, what do you suggest?
Continue being in this limbo?

1 Like

Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 12:42am On Mar 01, 2023
Igboid:

We all want a functional Nigeria.
But in a case that is proving elusive, what do you suggest?
Continue being in this limbo?
keep fighting. I’m speaking as a Nigerian and a pan Africanist. I feel Africa has been balkanised into ridiculous fragments. Look at the map . When that goat further balkanised the Kano emirate I was too shocked to rant. I dint know if it’s lack of sight or what ? The economy Igbo enjoy as Nigerians will be more than what with will be obtainable in a fragmented piece of land you want to turn the Eastern part of Nigeria to. As igbos rally amongst yourself elect people as senators reps etc that re pro your cause and play politics with us in the south and see if you won’t hVe the change ands development. Try it and see.

But you can’t even face Supreme Court gov uzodima. If you had prevented him from becoming governor after the court verdict then people will learn to keep of. But you could not . You have not been able to reign in ipob boys and unknown gun men , you haven’t. The people should put hands on deck to love the society towards first

1 Like

Re: Advice For Igbos by dangoteinlaw: 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
orion7:
which edo hate yoruba or are u insane? Yoruba came out of oduduwa which is also their lineage or this one done smoke haha

1 Like

Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
which edo hate yoruba or are u insane? Yoruba came out of oduduwa which is also their lineage or this one done smoke haha
well I don’t like yorubas. They re tribalists
Re: Advice For Igbos by Philgafauto: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
orion7:

Although I’m yoruba but you’re saying rubbish.

The igbos have the right to go when they are sufficiently ready. For now, they should develop their region and defense capabilities. I have advised them tire. The ball is in their court.
Re: Advice For Igbos by Philgafauto: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
Igboid:

My brother, don’t mind them. You igbos should just love yourselves first. Mentally tuneout of Nigeria in your all you do and develop the east aggressively.

Don’t fight anybody for now ooo. Just banish corruption & love of money from your tribe and use your ingenuity to develop develop defense capabilities and exit when ready.
Re: Advice For Igbos by orion7: 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
Philgafauto:

Although I’m yoruba but you’re saying rubbish.

The igbos have the right to go when they are sufficiently ready. For now, they should develop their region and defense capabilities. I have advised them tire. The ball is in their court.
yen yen yen. They go no where. So we will be left with you. We could not coexist in the western house We had to have our middle belt region for us to have peace. Naaaah yourbas
Re: Advice For Igbos by Philgafauto: 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
orion7:
yen yen yen. They go no where. So we will be left with you. We could not coexist in the western house We had to have our middle belt region for us to have peace. Naaaah yourbas

Oh, so you want to deny igbos freedom because you’re scared of being left alone with other?

That’s not a genuine reason to deny them freedom now.

Anyways, that’s for igbos to decide.
Re: Advice For Igbos by Hopium: 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2023
So LP and Obi was never about competence.

Thank God you confirmed he was an igbo project.

Oponu, Nigerians don't love you but you got votes all over the country. You even won some NC states. You won FCT. Over there in the SE, you gave 99% of votes to Obi. Nigerians don't love kee you there

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Fact Checked , Discovered It Is Fabrication - Reuters / Thousands Of PVC'S Found Around Ebute Meta, Lagos State / Obidients & Atiku Should Apologize To Mahmud Yakub Accused For Election Rigging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.