Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

FCT: A Run Off Is Likely - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT: A Run Off Is Likely (4540 Views)

Aderemi Adeoye: My Firm Worth N20bn, Will Give Dangote A Run For His Money / Tribunal: Full List Of The Supreme Court Judges Who Declared 25% In FCT A MUST. / Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by KanwuliaExtra: 2:22am On Mar 01, 2023
Esaint2016:

Leave urchins to be masturbating on Wike beards

Instead Instead of them to Rig Abuja, They rig Rivers grin grin grin

Without Rivers, They would still win

Misplaced priorities

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

2 Likes

Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by puremaker7(m): 2:22am On Mar 01, 2023
OAM4J:

No. You must still win majority of the votes from the 36 states AND FCT and have min 25% from 24 states.

But like I wrote earlier, I don't think Abuja is special and different from other states. So there will be no rerun specially for Abuja.
Thank you
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by NothingDoMe: 2:24am On Mar 01, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
I'll laugh at you tomorrow by God's grace
nothing to laugh at. INEC once declared Ihedioha as winner even when he didn't meet the requirement.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by NothingDoMe: 2:27am On Mar 01, 2023
OAM4J:

What is 'FCT status' that makes it special? FCT/Abuja in the eye of the law is just like any other states, just that it is under federal government administration. It has a state status like Oyo or Imo or Kogi or Kano.
Yes. And it's still the FCT. There's no law that stops Abuja from being the Federal Capital Territory. Not even section 299.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Toks2008(m): 2:45am On Mar 01, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
I personally consulted my uncle (a retired judge in his 80's) on the interpretation of the constitution.
Mind you He is a member of the 1997/98 constitutional conference that drafted the 1999 constitution.
He said that the FCT 25% clause was added because the President is like the FCT "governor" who now appoints a Minister to run the territory for him.
Therefore, for the President to be the Legitimate head of the FCT, He must have 25% approval of the people in FCT.

You are right.

Agbakoba has thrown more light.

25% is a must have.

God just used this to save Nigerians from evil occultic BAT

2 Likes

Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by FieldMarshall06(m): 2:55am On Mar 01, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
I personally consulted my uncle (a retired judge in his 80's) on the interpretation of the constitution.
Mind you He is a member of the 1997/98 constitutional conference that drafted the 1999 constitution.
He said that the FCT 25% clause was added because the President is like the FCT "governor" who now appoints a Minister to run the territory for him.
Therefore, for the President to be the Legitimate head of the FCT, He must have 25% approval of the people in FCT.

Thank God oo
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Rankine(m): 3:33am On Mar 01, 2023
seunmsg:

There is already a Supreme Court judgement on this matter between Obasanjo and Buhari in 2005. The court ruled that a candidate doesn’t need to get 25% in FCT to be elected.

Lies, Obasanjo won Abuja in 2003 election by 49.9%.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Charles545: 3:49am On Mar 01, 2023
PointB:

Go and declare him winner, since you're the INEC Chairman and the constitution at the same time.

You have a brilliant submission and I wonder why everyone is misinterpreting Section 299 of the 1999 CFRN (as amended).
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by updatechange(m): 3:54am On Mar 01, 2023
PointB:

He will. But he will lose the popular vote in the re-run. Don't forget he won only 8 states.

He won 12 states polling the highest of over 1.5million votes.
25% of Abuja won’t be too difficult tho frightening.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by CockAndBullStor: 4:11am On Mar 01, 2023
Esaint2016:

Why are you crying little kid? grin grin

A typical behaviour of a spoilt kid

Remind me once INEC calls for Run off

Now runoff grin grin
Obingo, Tinubu is your president-elect
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Osibajo2023: 4:12am On Mar 01, 2023
What if one lost the whole states, and win abuja and another wins only Abuja, or if Abuja is my stronghold
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:22am On Mar 01, 2023
NothingDoMe:
nothing to laugh at. INEC once declared Ihedioha as winner even when he didn't meet the requirement.
not in this case
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Levels2(f): 7:19am On Mar 01, 2023
PointB:

Go and declare him winner, since you're the INEC Chairman and the constitution at the same time.

https://www.facebook.com/olanrewajuwasiu.kobiowu/videos/526527569590583/?mibextid=JgRRn7n7jRVACbyL
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by NothingDoMe: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
not in this case
That is yet to be seen.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Levels2(f): 7:21am On Mar 01, 2023
PointB:

Correct who? When you understand conjunctive clause, then you can come back and correct me. Quoting Falana as if a Human Right lawyer is a Constitutional lawyer, let alone the Constitution.

Tinubu will NOT be declared winner. He did not meet the basic requirement. There is no winner, the election is inconclusive. A run-off will be required.

How far?

Any more argument ?

Is better to learn then to be acting like no it all

For easy access ckicl on the below

https://www.facebook.com/olanrewajuwasiu.kobiowu/videos/526527569590583/?mibextid=JgRRn7n7jRVACbyL
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Levels2(f): 7:22am On Mar 01, 2023
PointB:

Abuja is a MUST.

The constitution said AND FCT. Until you remove AND FCT clause, you must meet the requirement.

I doubt if INEC will be bold enough to ignore this fact. So calm down and face the run-off. What are you afraid of? Afterall it's the mighty jagagban we are talking about. What's a run-off for him? A walk in the park.

How far bro?
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Ekpeitit(m): 7:38am On Mar 01, 2023
Yes run off is likely in Biafra between Peter Obi and Simon Ekpa grin
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by dat9jaguy(m): 9:16am On Mar 01, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
Sorry, He's no longer interested in Nigerian politics.
I casually sought for his opinion on the case.
Abuja was actually designed as a WAZOBIA territory according to him but He is of the opinion that the clause itself is outdated in the constitution and needs to be amended

Your argument has been overtaken by his declaration as the president-elect. You can rest now.

2 Likes

Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Abdul4trust1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
NothingDoMe:
please, I hope you're nursing the pains of your loss?

1 Like

Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by NothingDoMe: 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
please, I hope you're nursing the pains of your loss?
lmao 🤣 😆

Pains of loss? What did I lose?
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
It's now that the business started. It is not the job of the INEC to interprete the constitution.

Like I said earlier, no too rejoice to avoid high BP cos what is ahead is big

dat9jaguy:

Your argument has been overtaken by his declaration as the president-elect. You can rest now.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Jokay07(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
It's now that the business started. It is not the job of the INEC to interprete the constitution.

You are the one having bp man.

Tinubu has come to stay. You better start thinking about how to survive his govenrnce.

Donald Trump lost the election and there was serious riot but later everything calmed.

1 Like

Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Softmirror: 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
Jokay07:

You are the one having bp man.

Tinubu has come to stay. You better start thinking about how to survive his govenrnce.

Donald Trump lost the election and there was serious riot but later everything calmed.

LEAVE ALL THIS SMALL CHILDREN ALONE. THEY WILL WAIL FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT 4 YEARS WHILE CURSING AND WISHING FOR EVERYTHING EVIL AND BAD FOR THEMSELVES. WHILE WE ENJOY THE PROSPERITY AND MORE PROSPERITY.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Mfetenang: 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
Esaint2016:

Leave urchins to be masturbating on Wike beards

Instead of them to Rig Abuja, They rig Rivers grin grin grin

Without Rivers, They would still win

Misplaced priorities
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by Mfetenang: 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
It seems to me that either IPOB people are very bumb or they're just complete illiterates.
Unfortunately for IPOB,Nigerian presidency is not for second class citizens. After 16 years of SW and NE the presidency will again come back to the South South, there will always be nothing for IPOB in this country.
Congratulations to president elect Tinubu and Congratulations to Neeson Wike the incoming minister for Niger Delta affairs and slayer of IPOB.
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by dat9jaguy(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
Firstorderwizard:

Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by BlessedDay21: 11:19am On Mar 05, 2023
OAM4J:

What is 'FCT status' that makes it special? FCT/Abuja in the eye of the law is just like any other states, just that it is under federal government administration. It has a state status like Oyo or Imo or Kogi or Kano.

Good morning, sir!

Please, I sent you a private mail.

Kindly reply, sir!
Re: FCT: A Run Off Is Likely by BlessedDay21: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2023
OAM4J:

Good morning, sir!

Please, I sent a PM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Court: Tinubu Has 7 Days To Tell Us Why We Shouldn't Release His Real Result / Aregbesola Again! Did He Slap His Deputy? / Gej Has Break 20yrs Jinx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.