Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here (177 Views)

Tinubu Drop Out You Will Not Win / FFK: It Is Over For Tinubu. He Has Been Retired From Politics / Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Tinubu: Drop Presidential Ambition Now!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here by YoungCabal: 9:15am On Mar 01, 2023
This is something I drafted for whoever emerges the winner of the 2023 elections not just Tinubu, you can drop yours too

Here is mine

1. Play an inclusive government
Don't divide the country by being nicer to some ethnic groups or religion and play deaf ears to others, I still believe Unknown gunmen, the yoruba movement, herdsmen and banditary wouldn't have been a thing today, if the present administration explored more options in the very beginning. Take for example, the Niger delta avengers issue, it died out in no time because it was looked into very fast and with all risk calculated, quick dialogue is more efficient than threats.

2. Focus on getting 100% cashless policy
One thing we can all admit the naira redesign have affected positively is the reduction in the rate of kidnapping and robbery. Yes, cash shortage made us suffer but to be honest, it revealed that if we had better electronic systems all over the place and ditched cash completely, nobody will go about knocking anyone's door at night to rob them, it's even more effective than policing these days. Every stolen money will be easily tracked, it might seems hard but it's very much possible after all, anyone can easily create a PSB mobile money wallet tied to their sim card now, getting rural areas shouldn't be too hard, if an entire community doesn't have a torchlight phone to manage their wallets, donate some to them and give them a small solar setup for recharging, a private company can do this and charge a transaction fee.

3. Engage the youths
Please, when I say engage the youths, I don't mean buying 20 to 30 boys around to protest and make statements on your behalf, rather call for youth town hall meetings occassionally and listen to whatever they have to say, you can send a representative and work with their feedback

4. Don't try to be Mr. I know it all
Seek advice before coming up with any new policies, give roles for experts to analyze the loopholes, this is the largest country in Africa, it shouldn't be run on one man's thoughts or ego.

5. Attract, don't chase
Focus on making Nigeria a better place to do business/work to attract more foreign investments rather than milking the little we already have through multiple taxation. Does Nigeria even have anything like freelancer Visa or benefits ? I doubt ! This is something we should look into, freelancers/remote workers should have access to government loans like in other countries too not just salary earners

This is all I have for now
Re: What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here by Moh247: 9:17am On Mar 01, 2023
Use your human resources skills to get technocrats to implement the renewed hope Manifesto and also look into PDP and LP policy documents
Re: What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 01, 2023
How Can We Forge With A Dying Druggie and a Thief As A president?

If Nigeria is build on fraud, crimes and corruption, we're doomed to crumble. I am prepared to run a resilient, unchanging opposition until the day this colossal mistake called Tinubu is removed. How can we forge ahead with a dying druggie and a thief as president? How can decent societies see us? Are we know or we the beast Conrad wrote about. How can we fight crimes when the most corrupt beast in the world is at the helm of affairs?
Re: What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here by madridguy(m): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2023
grin
Re: What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here by SlurUsername1: 9:19am On Mar 01, 2023
grin
By inclusive government, u mean Tinubu should reward the ibos that spent the last few months insulting the living daylight out of his life and circulating all manner of propagandas and mock videos about him and Even gave him a 5% vote like the Yorubas, SS and North that voted for him?
Well ibos will get the required constitutionally required political dispensations from him an nothing else

Infact I expect tinubus government to be like this

President- SW
Vice president- NE
Senate President -SS
CJN- SW
REP Speaker- NW
Secretary- NC
Cheif of staff- SW
Cheif of defense staff- NW
Cheif of army staff- SW
Cheif of Naval staff- SS
Cheif of air staff- NE
Police cheif- NC or SS
Re: What Advice Do You Have For Tinubu ? Drop It Here by Brendaniel: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2023
YoungCabal:
This is something I drafted for whoever emerges the winner of the 2023 elections not just Tinubu, you can drop yours too

Here is mine

1. Play an inclusive government
Don't divide the country by being nicer to some ethnic groups or religion and play deaf ears to others, I still believe Unknown gunmen, the yoruba movement, herdsmen and banditary wouldn't have been a thing today, if the present administration explored more options in the very beginning. Take for example, the Niger delta avengers issue, it died out in no time because it was looked into very fast and with all risk calculated, quick dialogue is more efficient than threats.

2. Focus on getting 100% cashless policy
One thing we can all admit the naira redesign have affected positively is the reduction in the rate of kidnapping and robbery. Yes, cash shortage made us suffer but to be honest, it revealed that if we had better electronic systems all over the place and ditched cash completely, nobody will go about knocking anyone's door at night to rob them, it's even more effective than policing these days. Every stolen money will be easily tracked, it might seems hard but it's very much possible after all, anyone can easily create a PSB mobile money wallet tied to their sim card now, getting rural areas shouldn't be too hard, if an entire community doesn't have a torchlight phone to manage their wallets, donate some to them and give them a small solar setup for recharging, a private company can do this and charge a transaction fee.

3. Engage the youths
Please, when I say engage the youths, I don't mean buying 20 to 30 boys around to protest and make statements on your behalf, rather call for youth town hall meetings occassionally and listen to whatever they have to say, you can send a representative and work with their feedback

4. Don't try to be Mr. I know it all
Seek advice before coming up with any new policies, give roles for experts to analyze the loopholes, this is the largest country in Africa, it shouldn't be run on one man's thoughts or ego.

5. Attract, don't chase
Focus on making Nigeria a better place to do business/work to attract more foreign investments rather than milking the little we already have through multiple taxation. Does Nigeria even have anything like freelancer Visa or benefits ? I doubt ! This is something we should look into, freelancers/remote workers should have access to government loans like in other countries too not just salary earners

This is all I have for now

In all your advice, there is nothing on fighting corruption, that speaks a lot about the candidacy of Tinubu, you know it is impossible for him to fight corruption, so there is no need adding that, also you think all these implementation will work effectively with full blown corruption alongside....

Nigeria is where it is today because of corruption, Tinubu is president elect today for the same reason....

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Mourns / Obedients We Won This - Don't Let Anyone Gaslight You / Peter Obi Won Massively, Tinubu Robbed Us || Naijareacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.