Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons (8482 Views)

Timipre Sylva And His Quest For A Better Bayelsa: The Intrigues And Reality / Peter Obi Wows The Candidates Audience, Intrigues Nigerians / Lagos APC Primary : A-Z Of Intrigues That Led To Ambode’s Ouster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by Connoisseur(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2023
My views on the 2023 Presidential elections are not and will not be popular amongst my tribesmen and region but it is still my opinion and I reserve the right to hold them.

Against all odds and against every substantial hurdle placed in his path, Bola Ahmed Tinubu contested and won the elections; fact. From the consensus factor in the party primaries to the emergency naira notes redesign because of some alleged 400 billion naira stockpile of old notes, Tinubu came out victorious.

This election also points out the brazen sentimental approach and selfish demeanor of most Nigerians who are so comfortable with breaking the law and disregarding the provisions of the constitution as long as it is done in their favour.

I do not believe that most Nigerians actually goaded and supported the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to disregard a substiting order of the Supreme Court just because they believed it was in their favor. Nigerians were ready to forgive the 8 years of disaster called Buhari regime because he broke while seeming to fight their enemy who was considered his enemy at that time too.

Our people queued behind the call to the President to cancel the collation of a national election not minding the dangerous precedent it was going to set and the dangers inherent for our democracy,all these for the fact that a candidate was loosing in the polls.

Peter Gregory Obi is a good man with good intentions but sadly, he could not garner enough votes to be the President. This was not surprising to many discerning and politically enlightened Nigerians, himself included. He put up a fierce fight, won many battles but lost the war. It is not the end of the road. This is the time to strategise, form alliances and wait for his time.

To BAT, you have won the war. Be magnanimous in victory. Prove your critics wrong. You were not wrong to aspire to the highest office in the land. You built alliances, paid your dues and waited for your time. It is not wrong to dream. Heck, everyone of us has our dreams. Be fair to Nigeria and Nigerians and make living in Nigeria worth it.

To my tribesmen, I can understand the pressure to go to our previous slogans. But if we pay our dues, try to build alliances with others, we might actually get our dues that have been denied us for a long time. We will all be better off in a prosperous, working Nigeria.

Disagree or agree, this is my opinion and I hold the right to it

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by Vischy: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2023
Peter Obi contested on party without structure and won fairly enough.

Let it be known that the stolen mandate will be recovered, it happened thrice in Anambra and it will happen again this time at federal level.

Don't panic yet Obidients,Peter Obi has always won miraculously when it seems impossible!!!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
Connoisseur:
My views on the 2023 Presidential elections are not and will not be popular amongst my tribesmen and region but it is still my opinion and I reserve the right to hold them.

Against all odds and against every substantial hurdle placed in his path, Bola Ahmed Tinubu contested and won the elections; fact. From the consensus factor in the party primaries to the emergency naira notes redesign because of some alleged 400 billion naira stockpile of old notes, Tinubu came out victorious.

This election also points out the brazen sentimental approach and selfish demeanor of most Nigerians who are so comfortable with breaking the law and disregarding the provisions of the constitution as long as it is done in their favour.

I do not believe that most Nigerians actually goaded and supported the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to disregard a substiting order of the Supreme Court just because they believed it was in their favor. Nigerians were ready to forgive the 8 years of disaster called Buhari regime because he broke while seeming to fight their enemy who was considered his enemy at that time too.

Our people queued behind the call to the President to cancel the collation of a national election not minding the dangerous precedent it was going to set and the dangers inherent for our democracy,all these for the fact that a candidate was loosing in the polls.

Peter Gregory Obi is a good man with good intentions but sadly, he could not garner enough votes to be the President. This was not surprising to many discerning and politically enlightened Nigerians, himself included. He put up a fierce fight, won many battles but lost the war. It is not the end of the road. This is the time to strategise, form alliances and wait for his time.

To BAT, you have won the war. Be magnanimous in victory. Prove your critics wrong. You were not wrong to aspire to the highest office in the land. You built alliances, paid your dues and waited for your time. It is not wrong to dream. Heck, everyone of us has our dreams. Be fair to Nigeria and Nigerians and make living in Nigeria worth it.

To my tribesmen, I can understand the pressure to go to our previous slogans. But if we pay our dues, try to build alliances with others, we might actually get our dues that have been denied us for a long time. We will all be better off in a prosperous, working Nigeria.

Well said.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by chloedogie(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
Booking
Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by nymphomaniac(m): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
Well said. A single tree will never make a forest. The North will always be needed as a deadly alliance for an igbo man to emerge president. 2027 isn’t far again.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by triple996(m): 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
Pls wail harder grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by sofeo(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
Alright

Check my Signature
Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by naijamerican: 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nigeria is a shythole country. And its painfully obvious to the world. Especially since the average Nigerian is a coward

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by illuminutty: 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
The only intrigue here is that the old senile corrupt drug baron has bullied his way to Aso Rock using the blood of innocent Nigerians. His only ambition is to be president. He has no plans for Nigeria. His administration is gonna be a free-for-all looting spree. Nigeria is gonna be on auto-pilot. Soon, they will start fighting themselves and we will be here to watch. I pity these urchins because some of them will not even see water to drink.
Disaster is coming, just get ready.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by dyera(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
A man that rigged his way to power can never be the answer the people seek. What Nigerians will face is another four years of hardship, pain and suffering.

You can say goodbye to free and fair election in the country if Tinubu becomes the president. Subsequent elections will be rigged by him, the idea of moving forward with electronic transmission of results from polling units to ensure free and fair election will be squashed completely.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by seanwilliam(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
What i learnt from this election are
1. Build your circle
2. Be open-handed
3. Be a step ahead of your competitors
4. Be focused, avoid distractions
5. Marry a supportive woman
6. Buy people’s loyalty
7. Forget morality, do what WORKS
8. Create an enemy for your enemy
9. Support people when they need you , trust me , some of them will reciprocate later in life
10. Be practical , don’t be emotional

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by inoki247: 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
This country we are all hypocrite some people will give derr son 99 out of 100 and blame people that gave there son 70 out of 100 and call them Tribalist...

You that can't give out ordinary 20k to an outsider or even a state doesn't have the right to call others tribalist and same people that always cheer a Governor up anytime he rigs and his to dere own advantage are the one castigating him and canceling him right now...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by ecolime(m): 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
Peter Gregory Obi is a good man with good intentions but sadly, he could not garner enough votes to be the President.

To my tribesmen, I can understand the pressure to go to our previous slogans.

I am very sure you never voted else you wouldn't have said he could not garner enough votes.

Besides the election wasn't about Igbo Presidency. It was about putting the best man on the seat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by Jack500: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Obidients should go to wailing.

I love their tears. 😅😅

CC
Fadigha

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by factcheckmmm: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Vv
Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by SleekyP(m): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Tinubu got a total of 8 million +

Peter Obi got a total of 6 million +

Count people who werent allowed to vote. Count people who voted but ballot box were snatched. Count PO’s votes that was reduced and swapped for Tinubu

Do this and you’ll know who your president truly is 📌
Cry me a River grin grin

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
The major losers are saying they won the Election. It's Erection that they won. Not election. sad
To beat a Ruling Party in a multi party system situation is very difficult. You have to plan and form a credible alliance when you have garnered a sizable support. But instead among some of the opposition after deliberately causing disunity and infighting within their bruised selves say they want to win a formidable and confident ruling party.
TUEH to them. angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by Gangster1ms: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Tinubu got a total of 8 million +

Peter Obi got a total of 6 million +

Count people who werent allowed to vote. Count people who voted but ballot box were snatched. Count PO’s votes that was reduced and swapped for Tinubu

Do this and you’ll know who your president truly is 📌

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by Kalvan: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hate him or love him, Tinubu is a strategic mastermind, a very Tywin Lanister type personality

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by computer0810(m): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
I can't stop laughing since yesterday anytime I remember hw delusional obiDENSE are.....dey made so much mouth that dey will win after losing dey r still dreaming if winning baseless court case
Dey supported Buhari for d naira scarcity and dey said dey will suffer and bear with d naira ish as it will be enjoyment at d end😂😂🤣😂

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by PJtech: 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
Please if you are making declaration and affirmation for yourself that you will suffer for the next 4-years please make it personal. Like I Lagbaja son of Tamado will suffer for the next
4-years under this new administration.
Please don't use "We". And don't ask me if i am not tired of suffering.
Make oriburuku no follow you o
Thank you.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by JoshTim: 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
BAT won and it's a bitter pill to swallow....so, go to court and challenge. The INEC chairman clearly stated that if you have any contradictory result, step forward and present it. It's quite sad that we let cheap lies and propaganda to control us

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by Puremind1225: 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
When a senseless post like this is made, it brings to light the evil mentality, religious bigotry and tribalistic nature of some Nigerians. They never call evil evil corruption corruption injustice injustice , they rather write long episode in other to confuse people.
This is why some few individuals have held the country hostage,, look around if you have travelled out of the country and see where you have been left behind by other countries of the world. It's as if the country is still in 17th century, while others are in the 21th century

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by LesbianBoy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
I can't believe some people see 'lessons' in this election that will go down in history of that useless country as the worst so far angry

Many mad people really dey that country sha shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by bigdammyj: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
Noted.
Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by kk2027: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
This is an APC sponsored post
Pls disregard

Where on earth have you seen an election such as this? Look at the show of shame we call an election. I feel for the poor masses in this country.

We fought hard for you to enjoy your country for once. I tried, my family tried
Our area has been like a graveyard since today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by LesbianBoy(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
The number of mad people in Nigeria are too much.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by leovictor15(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
Fact
Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by atdscentofwater: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
we move
Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by motayoayinde: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
Connoisseur:

RARE BREED.

THUMBS UP

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by hisdelightfilms(f): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hunm
Re: 2023 Elections: Intrigues And Lessons by kk2027: 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
APC trying so hard to shove this sham of election down our throats

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now / BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra / #EndSars : Policeman Set Ablaze and Decapitated in Ogidi (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.