Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far (45795 Views)

PDP Wins Majority Seats In Zamfara Assembly. PDP 17, APC 7 / APC Wins Majority Seats In Benue Assembly Election: APC 21, PDP 10, LP 1 / Labour Party Wins Majority Seats In Enugu Assembly Poll: PDP 10, LP 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Kaiser20: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
Guyman01:
Many APC seats will be upturned by the courts
Gbam!
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Johnn78: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's now 53. APC is the majority. Swift enactment of laws and protection of the president.

No one can impeach the president without the approval of the APC senators as it stands.

Having majority in the legislature promotes the stability of the executive in a Presidential system.

Tinubu is not a bad person. A Muslim whose background was Islamic but defied all odds, went ahead to marry a Christian wife and support her in church during her ordination as a pastor is a very liberal man. Most of his children and grandchildren today are christians.

Aso Rocks chapel will be led by his wife and children on Sundays. It will never be closed.
cool
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Alba3: 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
Debater:

Governors Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi), Darius Ishaku (Taraba), Samuel Ortom (Benue), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), Simon Lalong (Plateau) and Ben Ayade (Cross River) lost their bids to represent their senatorial districts in the parliament.

Only two, governors Abubakar Sani Bello (Niger) and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi) won.

https://dailytrust.com/apc-retains-majority-in-senate-with-49-seats/
In a normal election in Nigeria, the above governors would have easily rigged themselves into the senate. No matter how we feel about the outcome of this election, it remains the best in Nigerian Elections history, only 1993 election compares with this.

1 Like

Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by yerimastyle(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
accordadoga:
THE LION OF BOURDILLON (A.K.A THE CITY BOY) HAS WON!!

THE EKUKE OF ANAMBRA (A.K.A THE NOLLYWOOD ACTOR) HAS LOST!!!
chicken that was beaten home and away lagos and osun

1 Like

Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by popesco123: 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
The calamity of next administration will start from your family. You only political dividend is to foolishly mick nnamdi kanu.

uote author=YorubaSamurai post=121375018]Nice one...
Tinubu abeg show Nnamdi kanu pepper make igbos eyes for clear grin[/quote]
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Omoawoke: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
Yamiriflathead:

Chinedu shut up

Calm down and stop friendly fire… you gave me joy giving them back to back during campaign. Be guided comrade grin I am Jagaban from day one.
Let’s focus on voting massively for Sanwo olu
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Omoawoke: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
yerimastyle:
chicken that was beaten home and away lagos and osun

He won the war, he focused on the bigger things and won. Learn this simple lesson in life
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Wickedfacts: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
stano2:
Your candidate has won, you're happy. Nice one

What are the consequences you're not seeing?
This is the beginning of "voter apathy ". Going forward nobody will be interested in elections. It's the end of democracy. The president's seat is now for sale, who gets it? The highest bidder!

🧖🏽‍♂️🧖🏽‍♂️🧘🏽‍♂️🧖🏽‍♂️🧖🏽‍♂️

Shebi you've always declared sit at home. You only voted because your brother is on the ballot.
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Bluntemperor: 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
Omoawoke:
shocked

Congratulations Mr president
As a Jagaban supporter.
Let’s embrace our obidients and atikulates, it is a victory for all.
Dear jagabans, we have won and it is time to leave behind the fights and work together. This is not time to insult others that didn’t vote for Tinubu or engage in heated arguments, it is not easy to lose so let’s understand they won’t be happy.
As for Obi, he is a winner too, he fought hard and won hard. He achieved the impossible
Atiku, the unrelenting fighter, he is a winner too
Without this people, there won’t have been democracy. They gave Tinubu a run for his money, they chased him till the last line. They made the game more competitive and interesting and we will miss the whole saga.
Thank you everyone

God bless you sir.
You are a true Democrat and that is what i want Obi to do,
as he is the real Winner of this election- congratulate the new govt,
continue to build your integrity,as you are no longer a push over in Nigeria Politics --build yourself around the core north and South -West,as no single-Zone can give you victory.
Set your own agenda of a good -govt because in the next 4- yrs,we shall be judging this Govt' s performance!
God bless Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
To slap you dey hungry me
N3TRAL:
It's now 53. APC is the majority. Swift enactment of laws and protection of the president.

No one can impeach the president without the approval of the APC senators as it stands.

Having majority in the legislature promotes the stability of the executive in a Presidential system.

Please let go hatred and whatever opinion you hold against the President-elect. Let's give him the chance to rebuild our nation. Let's not frustrate his government to prove a point.

Please.

Tinubu is not a bad person. A Muslim whose background was Islamic but defied all odds, went ahead to marry a Christian wife and support her in church during her ordination as a pastor is a very liberal man. Most of his children and grandchildren today are christians.

Aso Rocks chapel will be led by his wife and children on Sundays. It will never be closed.
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Jacks14: 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
accordadoga:

Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
accordadoga:

You guys are infected with tribalism
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by sweetkev(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
seunlayi:

[b]

No need for anything to be bitter at this time of our democracy, we all saw it coming. It was left to fit his sister to plan and strategize ahead of the election.
Tinubu is in the ruling party already and it was left for those who want to take power from APC to plan on how to go about it. Its beyond individual, their are intrigues from various diffraction that needed to be checked before you can get to power....
Yes, obi is loved by many, done of us have the feeling than power should shift to that side but with was what was on ground, we all should know how it works. The stronghead of our fellow countrymen from that part of the country was just too much, Form alliance with Atiku, dem no hear, see ya yansh outside now
They so much trust in the short time popularity of obi that it will catapult him into power. Una like shortcut grin grin grin I was supporting Atiku because of obi while hoping for a unification to wrestle power from those devilish APC first and by 2027, all should be set for power to go to that side....
Anyways, we move. Time for my Yoruba people to flex once again for 8 years to be followed by North for about 8 years grin maybe after that sha....

Anyways, expecting something from Obi and Atiku soon and let's test our judiciary before my druggie brother will be sworn in. The less than 3m votes lead can still be trashed

[/b]
On point bro
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Lightorder: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
Meaning that the future is still bleak. They always had it
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by tonyashburton: 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2023
Your stupidity is a unique variant.
Wickedfacts:
Labour Six senate seats across the entire country.

Obidients are just very foolish and senseless.
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by 9jaRealist: 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2023
N3TRAL:

Please let go hatred and whatever opinion you hold against the President-elect. Let's give him the chance to rebuild our nation. Let's not frustrate his government to prove a point.

Please.

I see math isn’t your forte… grin

Anyway, legislative majority in Nigeria hardly promotes anything other than “rubber stamping”. That’s how Buhari borrowed our grandchildren into debt that we will still be repaying well into the future. While I personally do not want a logjam between the executive and legislative arms, good programs and policies should be able to survive due scrutiny by the legislature.
>
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by slivertongue: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
N3TRAL:

Please.

You will have to do more
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by SlurUsername1: 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2023
Omoawoke:

Calm down and stop friendly fire… you gave me joy giving them back to back during campaign. Be guided comrade grin I am Jagaban from day one.
Let’s focus on voting massively for Sanwo olu

If you're yoruba, you're no different from the woke yoruba sellouts that made tinubu lose this election. Ask tinubu how they payed him back with lies and hate after incorporating and drafting them into the Civil service.

Do you know how long we've been combating these people on nairaland? Do you know the thousands of insults I receive in a day?
Do u know how I get banned unjustly for months by ibo mods and days by antispam bots for making my own comments?
Do you know that obedients still malign tinubu as we speak and claim his mandate is stolen? Tinubu just won the elections and in not less than 24hrs you're already preaching ceasefire? Who would compensate us for the months of lies and insults we received on nairaland?
If you're not an ODE then what are you?
This is how the ibo people outsmart you yorubas because of ur over diplomacy.

Look, I don't have any problem with any iboman in reality, heck most of my friends are ibos.
But if I catch u online saying Nonesense, it's kill to finish.
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Nwanna2588: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2023
Debater:

Yes, only the Senate can impeach him sad
But the Judiciary can nullify his election grin

Almost same thing boss
who are the fou
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by excel001(m): 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2023
Come to Abuja and see how everybody is moody, no joy at all even among our northern brothers! When Buhari won we know what we saw from most northerners here, there was jubilation everywhere okada riders were driving James bond but today Abuja is like a city bereaved, I know is the same all over Nigeria. Tinubu is not the people's choice and cannot enjoy the people's goodwill. His government will be full of criticism even if he has any good intention it will be wrongly interpreted. I doubt if this government can make any progress. He may be a president by force but in our heart we know our president. His few supporters can say anything they like
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Omoawoke: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
excel001:
Come to Abuja and see how everybody is moody, no joy at all even among our northern brothers! When Buhari won we know what we saw from most northerners here, there was jubilation everywhere okada riders were driving James bond but today Abuja is like a city bereaved, I know is the same all over Nigeria. Tinubu is not the people's choice and cannot enjoy the people's goodwill. His government will be full of criticism even if he has any good intention it will be wrongly interpreted. I doubt if this government can make any progress. He may be a president by force but in our heart we know our president. His few supporters can say anything they like

You are a big liar...people are celebrating already
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Helgreenluv(m): 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
accordadoga:

Kikikiki guy you wicked sha. Na President of Biafra republic na him you dey call ekuke? Hahahahah 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Isabi4lov: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2023
The election was a very tight race .

All the candidates tried their possible best , as we all know there can be only one winner .

Tinubu is not a bad person to my best of knowledge, I hope he will bring a change to his party and the Nation as a whole.
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by fareed69(m): 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2023
Legendguy:

See you, he will not even be sworn in as President

Okay now.
Let's wait and See

Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by fareed69(m): 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2023
Debater:

I don't think you understand me, cos you're quoting what I never said though.

I'm saying that the Legislative (Senators and House of Representatives ) can impeach him

And the Judiciary (Courts and Judges ) can make his election as president invalid

Guy you get time to dey explain O.

1 Like

Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by tyinfinity: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2023
Peter obi has won .he won in All regions in the newly created democratic Biafra republic
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Xpol: 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2023
Legendguy:

See you, he will not even be sworn in as President
After swearing in you go change am to he no go pass one month on the throne >> he no go pass 3months >> 6months>>> ...... till he no go use more than one term...... >>>> he don rig himself in for the second [b][/b]term......>>>>> he no go finish the second term.... >>>> till you go tire. The time and passion many of you devote for these politicians is more than enough to better your life or better other's life( in case your life don already better) hating someone for no justification affects one's progress.

I didn't buy the obidient movement simply bcoz of the way your guys were trying to force others to be on your side and as someone who has has his brain intact I knew he would never have the 25% spread especially in the core north So for me I preferred BAT followed by Atiku and i wasn't expecting miracle from anyone that got it like the way you guys attached all your emotions, body and soul to Obi as if he came down from heaven and would turn Nigeria to Canada within 6months of being the president.

I knew the easter were pushing and polishing him as an angel just to have their own turn of the presidency of which i saw nothing bad in that but they should have been preaching their gospel with love and be winning more souls for him instead.
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by ogwumgbe: 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
N3TRAL:

Please.

Aso Rocks chapel will be the beginning of his downfall, let him better maintain his muslim muslim stance and do whatever magic he has for the Nation and shun politics of bitterness and run an all inclusive government, Buhari failed for terming igbos 5 percent and a dot, I believe Tinubu should learn from his mistakes because any attempt to marginalise the igbos this time will be the end of Nigeria, this time the elites will be at the fore front of pushing for Biafra, If PO has not done much, he has succeeded in bringing unity among the igbos both at home in diaspora and all are awaken now, any atom of red flag of marginalization, igbos will pull out of the zoo
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by Jsucre(m): 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
stano2:
Your candidate has won, you're happy. Nice one

What are the consequences you're not seeing?
This is the beginning of "voter apathy ". Going forward nobody will be interested in elections. It's the end of democracy. The president's seat is now for sale, who gets it? The highest bidder!

🧖🏽‍♂️🧖🏽‍♂️🧘🏽‍♂️🧖🏽‍♂️🧖🏽‍♂️
you could buy it some day
Re: APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far by SlurUsername1: 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Aso Rocks chapel will be the beginning of his downfall, let him better maintain his muslim muslim stance and do whatever magic he has for the Nation and shun politics of bitterness and run an all inclusive government, Buhari failed for terming igbos 5 percent and a dot, I believe Tinubu should learn from his mistakes because any attempt to marginalise the igbos this time will be the end of Nigeria, this time the elites will be at the fore front of pushing for Biafra, If PO has not done much, he has succeeded in bringing unity among the igbos both at home in diaspora and all are awaken now, any atom of red flag of marginalization, igbos will pull out of the zoo

You're 5%ers and Tinubu will treat u as such. If Dem born una well, make una misbehave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Visits Tinubu, Does The 4+4 Sign With Him (Photos) / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger / Bola Tinubu Arrives Ogbomoso, Oyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.